Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

Hard to respect anyone who goes running for the shelter of the race card that quickly.

If Team Brazil (are we still allowed to call them that? Or is that racist? Is that THEIR word?) would like to avoid things like being called a housekeeper and her family that are in completely over their heads managing a major rock n' roll band, it seems to me the best way to do that would be to NOT act like a housekeeper and her family that are in completely over their heads managing a major rock n' roll band.

We haven't seen that yet. In fact, every step they take seems to amplify that position.

Fernando and Beta have been nothing but nice to me. I honestly don't get the hate that gets thrown their way.

Just calling it as I see it.

Try looking at them from a professional point of view and forget whether or not they're nice.

I think he's lumped all the "Brazilian housekeeper" comments under racism. And he might be right.

Complete horseshit.
Why not just say housekeeper?
Because calling something by it's name is never racist. They call themselves Team BRAZIL. So why the hell would it not be OK for someone else to call them Brazilian? I never understood why people find "Negro" racist either. It's the same as saying I'm Caucasian. Just because some racist people start using a word, doesn't mean that we as a people should act like that word is racist all of a sudden. Slightly off-topic, but these things bug me. Call it what it is. It's not racism.

Should we refer to "the Brazilian wax as "the wax" from now on as well? Because that seems pretty darn racist to me to!

Hell, maybe Axl's Brazilian nanny has Brazilian-waxed her Brazilian muff. Still no racism!

Edited by username

The problem is that a lot of fans that frequent the forums want new music from a band that has been successful touring and who's leader cares not about releasing new music. With no new music to talk about the forum fans vent their frustrations online and the community just turns into a group of people just re hashing their frustrations over and over. We want what they cannot give us so naturally some rebel.

Fernando and Beta have been nothing but nice to me. I honestly don't get the hate that gets thrown their way.

Just calling it as I see it.

Try looking at them from a professional point of view and forget whether or not they're nice.

I think he's lumped all the "Brazilian housekeeper" comments under racism. And he might be right.

Complete horseshit.
Why not just say housekeeper?
Because calling something by it's name is never racist. They call themselves Team BRAZIL. So why the hell would it not be OK for someone else to call them Brazilian? I never understood why people find "Negro" racist either. It's the same as saying I'm Caucasian. Just because some racist people start using a word, doesn't mean that we as a people should act like that word is racist all of a sudden. Slightly off-topic, but these things bug me. Call it what it is. It's not racism.

Should we refer to "the Brazilian wax as "the wax" from now on as well? Because that seems pretty darn racist to me to!

Hell, maybe Axl's Brazilian nanny has Brazilian-waxed her Brazilian muff. Still no racism!

LOL. Good analogy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

does anyone here understand the concept of racism, bigotry or sexism?

do you understand that under the law it is actually up to the person feeling vilified as to whether or not a comment is racist, bigoted or sexist. Of course someone who says offensive things doesnt find them offensive, thats why they say them.

as someone who has suffered an immense amount of bigotry in my life due to a disability it pisses me off when people get on their high horse and say things like "oh well its just a name, get over it"... no... stop being an offensive CUNT!

I have never agreed with the maid or housekeeper or cleaning toilets lady insults and have never used those. But how could a Brazilian feel vilified being called anything but Brazilian??? Especially when they themselves call them Team Brazil?

Anyways I"m not sure why can't forum members just refer to them as either Fernando / Beta / Vanessa instead of attaching the nationality to their names. It's not like people here still haven't learned of their history and how they came to be part of Axl's life, there is no need to keep reiterating the word Brazilian over and over again until the cows come home.

« Reply #220 on: Today at 02:07:46 AM »
I cant believe that Fernando's response has been turned into a mygnr topic basically discussing how nothing they have ever said is racist and racism is no big deal and people should stop being offended by "words".

that board loses me more and more every day...

Who is FootSoldier? What he claims is so not true.

I come on here months after not posting, and it seems like not much has changed.

Fernando tackled the issue the wrong way, IMO. Take yr personal issues away from the situation and act more professional. Yr managing a major band here. Also, playing the race card -- reaching there a bit there, I think. I've been here for 7 years and there has been very little to no racism.

I don't know what the future holds for this band, seems like nothing is going to happen for a long time. Except maybe a few more shows, which I could honestly do without. I'm ready for new material. Bring yr A game, Axl.

Jarmo:

What gives you the impression GN'R doesn't respect their fans?

What planet is Jarmo on?

Jarmo is a total ass clown. He could be the biggest fake on planet Dingdong.

Jarmo must be really high not to realize that GnR does everything to loose fans.

I'm not pointing any finger on either, Axl, Fernando, Beta, old Guns, new Guns...

To keep up with your fans, all you gotta do is release new music, show them you are a band that has an actuality, and put out decent quality shows.

Last years have not been quite like that at all.

Axl's camp knows damn well how hungry for new music rabid GnR fans are, the fact that they refuse to release anything (even a single fucking new song on a soundtrack or a damn video game) is a proof that the don't really care about alienating their hardcore fanbase.

I'm really worried that they did not feel all the love from us after CD's release, maybe if they had cared much about us, they would have realized that we were ready to give the whole idea of CDI 2008/ CDII 2010 / CDIII 1012 a chance...

That makes me really sad most of the time that I may die without hearing all the hidden songs GnR had kept secret for no reason. They are just fuckin' rock n' roll songs, not nuclear secret codes or what.

• Like 1

There would be significantly less hostility towards Axl/Team Brazil and the band if they would all admit they have no intention of releasing new music, and are content to be a nostalgia act that tours the hits and nothing more.

Regardless of what they say publicly, they know with 100% certainty right now how realistic a new album is, and in what time frame it would take to happen if they were motivated.

They know if they publicly admit to being a touring nostalgia act it would be a big blow to the band and fan base, however it would bring some closure to everyone involved.

The problem is they portray themselves as a real band with a real future, and yet their actions behind the scenes don't match up with a band that is trying to be anything other than a touring apparatus with no designs on making new music.

If they want the hostility to stop, they need to stop lying to us and just tell us that there is no future for GNR beyond touring.

Otherwise stop touring and finish enough songs to release an album.

Those are the only 2 solutions that will calm things down, and they seem to be interested in neither.

Instead they will continue to portray themselves as martyrs at the mercy of the angry mob that is the GNR forum, refusing to realize or acknowledge that they alone are entirely responsible for the situation being what it is.

• Like 1

There would be significantly less hostility towards Axl/Team Brazil and the band if they would all admit they have no intention of releasing new music, and are content to be a nostalgia act that tours the hits and nothing more.

Isn't that what Pitman recently said? They aren't knocking themselves out to make new music, they are happy to play the songs people love though.

Brazil is not a race of people it's a nationality. If people were saying that South American manager/former nanny then maybe there would be grounds for offence. Her Brazilian nationality it just a noticeable characteristic which is highlighted even more by the way she markets her management.

It really depends on the context doesn't it? I mean it can be classed as racist if you're using it in a derogatory sense. I mean there's a difference for instance between calling a black guy a black guy and calling him a fucking black bastard is there not?

Edited by Dazey

Maybe there are isolated instances of xenophobia. But this is definitely not a racist place by any stretch of the imagination. Fernando should just focus on the more liberal opinion which by far outweighs anything else.

It really depends on the context doesn't it? I mean it can be classed as racist if you're using it in a derogatory sense. I mean there's a difference for instance between calling a black guy a black guy and calling him a fucking black bastard is there not?

Remember a documentary about swearing on British telly, and there was a list of words the BBC forbade. Along with "cunt" etc. was "Jew". Like the Louis CK bit where he says just the intonation of that word can turn it into an anti-Semitic remark.

Remember a documentary about swearing on British telly, and there was a list of words the BBC forbade. Along with "cunt" etc. was "Jew". Like the Louis CK bit where he says just the intonation of that word can turn it into an anti-Semitic remark.

Louis CK does a great bit on the use of the word F@ggot. Have a look on youtube for it. :lol:

Edit: Here it is.

Edited by Dazey