Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

I think he's lumped all the "Brazilian housekeeper" comments under racism. And he might be right.

Complete horseshit.

Why not just say housekeeper?

Like I said somewhere else, if it was a Brazilian rock band and she was an American housekeeper, she'd be called an American housekeeper. It's a distinguishing characteristic given her position.

As if she would be referred to as an "American" housekeeper. At the very least, people always bring it up in a derogatory fashion, like just because someone starts out as a housekeeper they can't rise to a higher position in life thru hard work and experience. Peter Grant, who many consider the greatest rock manager of all time, started out as a bouncer. And Suge Knight, who started the biggest rap label of the 90's, started out as a bodyguard for Bobby Brown. You guys don't think Beta learned anything about the music biz from being Axl's personal assistant for all those years?

Edited by Randy Lahey

In terms of racism, ill say this. In the almost two and a half years I've been posting here (on a pretty frequent basis), I have never once seen a racist remark thrown at team brazil. Maybe they happen, but if I haven't seen them, I doubt Fernando has. Unless he keeps more of an eye on this place than any one of us would have guessed.

How often do they happen, btw? Can't possibly be a very frequent occurrence.

I have seen it happen... but it's been rare... at least from what I've seen

Someone made a good point... they seem to pride themselves as Team Brazil

saying Brazilian housekeeper shouldn't be seen as all that bad imo (Even though she was the nanny)

• Like 1

I don't mind if they never come to the forums but I would like to see that we get the 3D cinema release, Axl Topps cards being signed and a new Nightrain package first up

He didn't sign the cards??

I don't mind if they never come to the forums but I would like to see that we get the 3D cinema release, Axl Topps cards being signed and a new Nightrain package first up

He didn't sign the cards??

They are redemption's at this stage. I wouldn't be so worried but I outlayed a fair amount of cash for the entire set. So I'm hoping Axl comes through

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I dont understand how people can say TB arent qualified to manage Axl & GNR... what qualifications would you like?? an MBA???, CPA???, PHD???

im pretty sure that over a decade of on the job experience is pretty comparable to a "qualification" whatever that means.

Exposure enhances knowledge and hard work breeds success.

You guys have to remember that only one GNR/New GNR manager has gotten a new original album released in the past twenty-two years. Makes me think that the real problem lies somewhere in-between Axl and the record company.

Edited by Randy Lahey
  • Like 1

Me too. I registered about ten years' ago but I actually cannot even remember my username - that is how long it is since I have posted. I think I only made about 4 posts. But, Jarmo for some reason is actually allowing a few of the posts to stand and there are a couple of posters (esteban and generation x) who are, fighting the good fight.

I think we should give the management credit for the touring that was managed pretty well from 2009-2013

Huh?

Only if you think, flooding the North Americans with endless cheesy dick runs until ticket sales dramatically slump, is good management? In 2006 GN'R were still an arena status in the States. Now, they are bowling alley or Vegas status!

Huh?

Only if you think, flooding the North Americans with endless cheesy dick runs until ticket sales dramatically slump, is good management? In 2006 GN'R were still an arena status in the States. Now, they are bowling alley or Vegas status!

Sure some of the venues have been smaller but it's still impressive shows ran on time and Axl played cities/countries his never played before. Don't get me wrong I still would love new music but we have to look at what we did get over the last few years.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Me too. I registered about ten years' ago but I actually cannot even remember my username - that is how long it is since I have posted. I think I only made about 4 posts. But, Jarmo for some reason is actually allowing a few of the posts to stand and there are a couple of posters (esteban and generation x) who are, fighting the good fight.

Its not easy. And I am astounded estebanf's post was allowed to stay up there. It wasn't nasty, but it wasn't exactly super pro-current situation either.

I tried to be respectful and not starting shit for its own sake. But its like beating your head against the wall after a bit. Eventually, you just find yourself speechless at some of the posts.

And why does Jarmo only talk to you in question form? I did one of my posts back to him where I put everything in question format. I don't even think he noticed.

The point is, we have the right to be pissed of 'cause even thought they (Fernando, Beta, Jarmo, whatever) may be trying to make some effort, the time that passed withou any song being released, and their unprofessional attitude besides the songs leaks gives us this right, and they can't complaint if there are people jaded if we analyse this situation.

Here Today is the best example we have of what things would be like in the Twilight Zone.

Based on the conversation I just had with Jarmo, nothing Axl has done from the release of the album until the present day has been at all out of step or remotely the wrong move.

I happen to like and basically support the current band, but what rational person can say that? And one guy just gave me the Axl "live your life" retort. Hand to god.

And MAN, do they hate this place. Reminded me of college. My hall was the worst behaved one and the rest of the dorm hated us. Saying you post here made me feel like I did when we were standing outside for the third fire alarm of a cold November night. Those same stares. "Look at him. He is one of THEM."

The point is, we have the right to be pissed of 'cause even thought they (Fernando, Beta, Jarmo, whatever) may be trying to make some effort, the time that passed withou any song being released, and their unprofessional attitude besides the songs leaks gives us this right, and they can't complaint if there are people jaded if we analyse this situation.

I tried to raise this point a few times. All speculation is bad, apparently. But we are only forced to speculate because we have nothing to go on.

You can't shut off communication for a solid year, then get pissed when people speculate on the internet. You either correct the record yourself, or determine you don't care that people speculate. Can't mix and match. Can't refuse to talk and get mad when people speculate.

Call me a negative nelly, but I don't buy his little "We got nothing now" tweet to a be a mere coincidence in regards to the five questions sent to him. That's one helluva coincidence. Too much of a coincidence really. Why not just tell us gullible is written on the ceiling while you're at it?

Seems like he was playing damage control due to the overwhelming negative feedback from the fanbase. Business as usual. :jerkoff:.