Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

I'm sure you UK or some of the other mods here might have communicated with GNR's crew directly right, particularly of late with the leaks?

So go ahead set up the forum and then send them an e-mail inviting them to talk?

On top of that, couldn't you set them up a new account disabling access to the rest of the forum so that their attention isn't diverted?

Surely Fernando realizes that HTGTH is only as positive as it is because it is censored so much that is the only type of stuff that can get through?

If you want a truer representation of the general mindset of GNR fans I would say mygnr is a better representation. Larger sample size and no speech restrictions (within reason of course). So the fact that an official manager does not see that a decent sized number of GNR fans that are online are unsatisfied while at the same time hiding behind the excuse of "haters" is an issue

Edited by WhazUp

^^^ funny it's been suggested that exact idea.

Sure -- If members want it and and management would do it, I'd arrange that in a heart beat no problem :)

Now THAT would be an interesting idea. Give 'em their own sub-forum to moderate and update. In a way, that would be an awfully nice way of telling them to put their money where their mouth is in terms of communicating with the fans.

Gee, now why do I have a funny feeling this would not happen, if offered...

Great idea! What kinda like "your opportunity to communicate directly with the fans hassle free"?

No problem with me :)

Absolutely. You and HV retain full control of the forum, of course. But let them be moderators (Fernando & Bumblefoot, etc.) and have their run of a "GNR Members & Staff" sub forum. What harm would that do?

How could they refuse that on the biggest Guns N' Roses forum on the internet? Or perhaps a better question would be: Why would they refuse it?

Edited by sofine11

The problem is that although you have people genuinely yearning to hear another GNR record, there are opportunists exploiting the sense of frustration. They're disguising themselves as part of that frustration when in reality they hate Chinese Democracy and are just using a consensus to attack GNR management.

That is why MyGNR seems so angry. Because amongst the genuine frustration, you have certain cupcakes taking it too far.

sofine11's idea is great but I don't think they would engage so heavily in a proposed sub forum when it seems they are not even so active on their official forums..

I just thought a Q&A section would be similar to Canter, just a small part of the forum for them to check in, and you can give them their own user account like 'teambrazil' or 'gnrofficial' and block access to the other forums so their attention isn't diverted.. that way they just log in, take away feedback or respond to some questions, and thats it..

sofine11's idea is great but I don't think they would engage so heavily in a proposed sub forum when it seems they are not even so active on their official forums..

I just thought a Q&A section would be similar to Canter, just a small part of the forum for them to check in, and you can give them their own user account like 'teambrazil' or 'gnrofficial' and block access to the other forums so their attention isn't diverted.. that way they just log in, take away feedback or respond to some questions, and thats it..

The point is, if Fernando claims that the reason he avoids this forum is because he doesn't like what he sees, nor does he want to comb through pages of what he deams "hate" to communicate with the "real fans", give them their run at their own sub-forum. Give them their unadulterated presence at the forum.

If you ask me, that'd be a pretty generous olive branch offered their way. Of course, if communicating with fans, even in a controlled environment, isn't high up on any of the involved parties agendas, we'll find out pretty fast...

Edited by sofine11

The point is, if Fernando claims that the reason he avoids this forum is because he doesn't like what he sees, nor does he want to comb through pages of what he deams "hate" to communicate with the fans, give them their run at their own sub-forum. Give them their unadulterated presence at the forum.

If you ask me, that'd be a pretty generous olive branch offered their way. Of course, if communicating with fans, even in a controlled environment isn't high up on any of the involved parties agendas, we'll find out pretty fast...

Yeah I understand and agree with you.. I was thinking more smaller steps, somewhere for them to come and engage in a Q&A whenever they feel appropriate.. if they wanted to come and partake in the forum more broadly and have moderator control, then yeah why not.. this place would definitely be much more positive in any case, aside from news about a possible album, even just smaller trivial questions..

The point is, if Fernando claims that the reason he avoids this forum is because he doesn't like what he sees, nor does he want to comb through pages of what he deams "hate" to communicate with the "real fans", give them their run at their own sub-forum. Give them their unadulterated presence at the forum.

If you ask me, that'd be a pretty generous olive branch offered their way. Of course, if communicating with fans, even in a controlled environment, isn't high up on any of the involved parties agendas, we'll find out pretty fast...

We are on the same page! ;)

We are on the same page! ;)

Awesome!

If this comes to fruition, and goes well, it'd be a major win-win for both the fans & Team GNR, not to mention the forum as a whole.

But, again, if it turns out that communicating with the fans isn't something that's high up on anyone's "to do list" we'd figure it out pretty quickly.

Fernando:

"Wow, am completely speechless how this has dragged out.

People, it'll all be ok.

GNR related news will soon be available. If that's too long, sorry.

Thanks.

(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional. If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.) Take that as you will, as you certainly already have."

Edited by LuanVictorxD

Fernando:

"Wow, am completely speechless how this has dragged out.

People, it'll all be ok.

GNR related news will soon be available. If that's too long, sorry.

Thanks.

(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional. If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.) Take that as you will, as you certainly already have."

Edited by Randy Lahey

1. Anybody who thinks Team Brazil would be willing to allocate resources for the purpose of moderating a subforum here is fuckin' crazy, unless Subs is willing to relinquish part ownership and a portion of the operating revenue. ;)

2. A strongly moderated subforum friendly to Team Brazil and the band is not a new idea, I've suggested it multiple times. :angry:http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201832-fernandos-answer/page-9

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

Carry on :)

Great post (even with the 'whilst' ;) ).

I have to say that I find it rather disheartening that the newest member of the mod team appears be willing to not only think the worst of us as a community, but also buys into the unfounded allegations by Fernando.

''(If I go and answer or give my personal views; I am unprofessional. If I don't give my views; I am a heartless prick.) Take that as you will, as you certainly already have."

Fernando does not seem to understand that these views are from different fans. In Fernando's eyes, we are all ''one big nasty cupcake monster.''

Edited by DieselDaisy

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

Carry on :)

Great post (even with the 'whilst' ;) ).

I have to say that I find it rather disheartening that the newest member of the mod team appears be willing to not only think the worst of us as a community, but also buys into the unfounded allegations by Fernando.

Where did I say anything like that? The point I was making is that posts like that have been made here and needed to be hidden or removed altogether.

Fernando does not seem to understand that these views are from different fans. In Fernando's eyes, we are all ''one big nasty cupcake monster.''

Yeah, I get his frustration as I hate it whenever people get put in a position where they can't win either way. But obviously this is not a new phenomenon, there's even a famous old saying about it (damned if you do, damned if you don't). Maybe he does spend time at HTGTH and forgot that any post that could not have been made by Jarmo himself is immediately deleted.

Edited by axlsalinger