Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

It does seem like he's trying to imitate Axl's style of attempting to write philosophically and confusing people in the process. :lol:

Look, it was an uncharacteristically open message by Fernando. Clearly Team Brazil are affected by the jibes and that may explain Beta's recent attitudes. But what Fernando has to do is separate his person feelings from what he has chosen to do professionally. As manager of GNR, not the mere son of Axl's PA, he has to look at why frustrations are arising.

Totally right.

Even if there are those in the internet community you'd like to set on fucking fire, you gotta leave that out of your work. They should be ignored totally, but certainly in the course of doing your professional duties.

I like this forum and Gnr should embrace it. Most bands don't have a community that stays as active as this one. It's like having the New York jet fan base. When things are not looking good the fans will let you know, but the moment they do things right you have the full support of a huge fan base that has stuck around through many delays, very few new songs and simply times where nobody has any idea if it will be a few months till the next announcement or a few years.

As for management they have the band in place but its up to Axl to execute and decide If he's still feeling motivated to be a musical artist. but if not you have to wonder what your managing.

It might be frustrating to be told that your not doing a very good job managing but there's no reason to let a forum get you mad. This place will be in full support the moment that a future is outlined (seeing as that future includes new material) managing should just be about creating a positive perspective of your band through actions and plans. This forum is the best indicator of how things are going. There was a lot of energy around here when the leaks hit. So everyone here is just waiting. This place can easily be turned into a happy GNR forum.

The way I see it, they are two types of criticis on GN'R boards. I am generalising here but broadly there are…

- Genuine ‘cupcakes‘. These are the people who say ''axl is fat and beta wipes his arse etc'’. These are probably old school fans who swapped their allegiance to the solo projects when the split occurred and see Newgnr as a sort of, aberration (of course, many old school fans believe this also, who do not cupcake but just post on the old band and solo boards).

- Critics who, may have supported Axl's new Guns N' Roses at some stage (probably around 2001-02) but at some stage, have become disillusioned and jaded with the lack of communication and new material. When people like Jarmo say, ''these fans are being negative' they are incorrect: it is not 'negative' to desire new material. A negative person would merely want Axl to disappear off the face of the world. It is actually a 'positive' thing to desire new material. These fans are perplexed at the strange way Team Brazil manage things. They look at other bands such as Metallica and Pearl Jam with jealousy and ask, ''why doesn't Axl throw us a bone from time to time? Why does Axl/Team Brazil seem to hate us?''

These fans are actually the real GN'R fans. Jarmo is not a real fan; it is not a real fan to just blindly accept everything and become a propaganda spokesperson. A real fan is usually obsessively critical of releases and decisions (and that is why a good opinion from a real fan is that much more genuine, and the pay off for the band, much better - when the band gets things right). They are passionate and vocal but really just want the best for their band.

The problem with Fernando and Jarmo and, in general, GN'R, is that they seem to amalgamate both groups of fans into one gigantic set of 'cupcakes'. If Axl alienates that second group of fans, he literally loses every fan beyond Jarmo and Volcano and the ilk (who are a minority).

• Like 1

Gonna post some remarks I had on this last time we were discussing that tweet.

It is disappointing that the band hasn't shown any progress towards new releases.

You know how they probably developed such a distaste for this forum and its users though?

Someone from the GNR camp probably logs in to take a look every now and then, see what's up. How'd they like that latest show we just did? We had a lot of fun at it, we had saw people in the crowd having the time of their lives, it feels great to be working with GNR.

They skim around for twenty minutes and they are while there are some well-reasoned criticisms for the band by people who are obviously fans who just want to hear the new music, those sorts of posts are outnumbered at least ten to one by posts like this:

"Axl is fat. Axl needs to work out. Axl's voice sounds like shit. He sounds like Mickey Mouse. Where's the rasp? Axl looks like shit. Axl's hats are stupid. Axl's moustache is stupid. Axl's set list sucks. His band sucks. The solos suck. DJ sucks and looks like a hooray for tolerance!. DJ fucks up the solos. DJ does that fucking stupid ear thing on Welcome to the Jungle that makes me want to punch him the dick. Bumblefoot sucks. He doesn't play with tone. He doesn't play with soul. He just shreds. His solo songs suck. Dizzy sucks. Why is he even in the band anymore? Why is Chris Pitman in the band anymore? Beta sucks. Beta should stick to cleaning toilets. Beta is a cunt. Team Brazil sucks. Team Brazil hates the fans. Team Brazil is ruining GNR. DJ Ashba is ruining GNR. Axl is ruining GNR. GNR is dead. This isn't GNR. Axl sounds awful. Listen to this Youtube video, Axl sounds awful. This concert sucked. This tour sucked. This tour should have ended years ago. The setlist was the same and it sucks.Fuck Axl. Fuck Nu Guns. Fuck Chinese Democracy. Fuck Axl."

Then this person from the GNR camp is like, "I don't get it. I was just at that concert, everyone there loved it. Who the hell are these people anyway? We worked real hard to put on that show and everyone there had a great time. Most of these people weren't even there. What the fuck?"

Then they see a bunch of stupid joke threads and they don't really get why people like posting such stupid topics since they haven't been around on MyGNR enough to learn the culture, to learn who's being satirical, who's just trying to amuse people because there's nothing else to talk about, and who's just a cupcake or attention whore that no one on the forum actually likes or respects.

They decide, "What a waste of time. These people are idiots, these people are bitter, these people will never be satisfied with anything we do. Fuck them. I'm going to talk to people who are intelligent and respectful who won't piss all over everything me, the band, and the rest of the crew work for." And they log out and don't come back.

And then later when they're bored and just swapping stories with someone else on the crew, the other guy agrees, "Yeah, I went on that forum once. Those guys are dicks, don't worry about them. I heard that Bumblefoot went on there one time and these people were total assholes. Calling him a pussy and shit."

Thus, the picture they get of MyGNR is not really accurate, but it's very easy to understand how they can get such a negative perception of it.

• Like 3

The truth is that they take a lot of shit, much of it undeserved. But a lot of it is brought on by themselves as well. It sure as hell ain't easy to manage Axl Rose - I think we've learned that by now. If he wants to waste 5 years fooling around after telling everyone he recorded enough material for 3 albums while only releasing 1, no one is going to make him release it any faster. Not a fan, not his "mother", not his manager.

I just think it's a shame because there is no way to get all this wasted time back. Poof, it's gone forever.

I have argued against the "housekeeper" insults several times, because quite frankly it is irrelevant and embarrassing to the poster who says it. If somebody delivers your newspaper today, imagine saying that you can't take that "paperboy" seriously in whatever job they're doing in 2033. If you do, you are borderline retarded and should seek help.

All I know is I heard that Atlas Shrugged was a cool little tune in 2000-2001, and it still isn't released in fucking 2013. Creating those kinds of expectations for what is, in the end, a 4 or 5 minute pop song, is idiotic and there is no way to meet those expectations in the end. Why can't Axl figure that out? I wish I knew.

They are not naive...they know exactly why some of us are pissed.

Take BBF for example : he has been in the band for seven years and has yet to write a single song.

Do you really think someone like him doesn't understand why fans are pissed ? He has expressed frustration with GnR pretty much since 2004...

Only Axl and his family don't get it ( or pretend not to ).

These fans are actually the real GN'R fans. Jarmo is not a real fan; it is not a real fan to just blindly accept everything and become a propaganda spokesperson. A real fan is usually obsessively critical of releases and decisions (and that is why a good opinion from a real fan is that much more genuine, and the pay off for the band, much better - when the band gets things right). They are passionate and vocal but really just want the best for their band.

One thing that blinds people like Jarmo and Fernando to our plight, is that they've heard these songs. And they talk to Axl sometimes. So they lose sight of why we get so frustrated sometimes.

Well I for one would love to see team Brazil's management qualifications?

All I can see is Axls happy little bubble world where everything is catered for to appease Axl and Axl only.

He's like a little kid who wants to go on the same amusement park ride over and over again and stuff his face full of candy floss and hot dogs and as long as he gets what he wants regardless of whether its healthy for him his friends/family or not that's all,that seems to matter. Surely that can't be right.

Now if team brazil approve of the cotton wool forum everything's fine don't rock the boat ( HTGTH ) surely it should make you consider your position in supporting Axls version of GNR?

Axl needs management that will kick his ass and get his shit together and stop acting like a pre madonna, it's clearly not happening within the band today.

if he really spent several hours, he would know that all the hate comes from less than 5 people from here, the destructive criticism comes from 3 people atleast

and wheres the racism?

go to htght and see the manets and jarmo convo, men that aint right

Edited by ignaliza

Some comments that include or refer to Beta as a housemaid from Brazil could be taken as racist. But that's probably the worst I can think of.

That is not in any way, shape or form, racist. Inaccurate maybe, in that she was a nanny but otherwise factually correct.

Sorry but this racism claim is some hollow bullshit.

I completely agree with the first part. As for the second like I said, I can't speak for what Fernando has or hasn't seen here but I know that I've certainly seen it.

Maybe not racism, but at the very least its stereotyping, which imo, is just as bad and maybe what he meant.

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

Carry on :)

• Like 3

Racism has NEVER been allowed on this forum by any admin and we take any and all allegations extremely seriously -- To suggest otherwise is wrong at best and purposely misleading at worst. Please use the report function if you feel there are racist comments being made. Feel free to also PM myself or HV.

How anyone else decides to run their site is up to them. Mygnr has grown significantly over the last 12 months and we have plans for further development and expansion -- I accept there are a very small minority who are only out to slate the band (some have since been banned) but at mygnr we have the biggest community world wide and we accept differing opinions as long as they are not breaking any forum rules.

Personally, I'd rather be known for freedom of speech than a controlled censored environment.

95% of the members of this forum are Pro Axl and are open to GNR under the current format -- for ANYONE to dismiss a percentage of that 95% for being disinterested or disheartened as 'the enemy' or 'not REAL fans' (seriously, WTF?) is laughable.

So a few people take advantage of that, why not concentrate on what the majority of fans have to say? Good and/or bad?

This isn't a moan at all, far from it -- but I'm proud to represent mygnr under this ownership. Whilst (sorry Dari!) there are things we've got wrong and I do regret; we're addressing that now and I'm proud to be the owner of this site and of our ever growing community.

That was seriously awesome rock3

You have alot to be proud of as a result of the time and money that you invest maintaining this community, and it is appreciated.

I was going to ask you whether there would be any value in setting up a management Q&A like Canter's section for someone like Fernando to come and consider a strictly moderated section of questions? Probably not worth it though considering how low they think of the fans, going so far as to label your own staff here as assholes.

if he really spent several hours, he would know that all the hate comes from less than 5 people from here.

This is what happens when you suspend Volcano

I'm not sure if you are being serious or joking - but either way, the point is very relevant.

There are only a small number of legitimate "cupcakes" on the forum. There are 4-5 that come here to bash everything Axl does, as well as 4-5 that come here specifically to "defend" everything Axl does. When guys like volcano and soulmonster aren't posting and "educating, ridiculing and trying to win" arguments, the amount of fighting/negativity on the forum greatly decreases. Those guys seek out people to argue with - and it just overwhelms the forum with negativity. These guys forget that the forum isn't about their quest to battle (educate, ridicule, defeat) people they have a disagreement about. Those guys ruin the forum experience for people just as much as the so-called "cupcakes" do.

Subs you make a great point.

Fernando and company should concentrate on the 95% people who love and support the band. People that would LOVE to hear new music from Axl, or to simply get an occassional update from their favorite rock singer.

But for some reason, that entire camp - from Axl to beta to fernando to Dell to a few posters on this forum - seem obsessed with that minority 5% of negative people.

Why not concentrate on the 95%??????????

^^^ funny it's been suggested that exact idea.

Sure -- If members want it and and management would do it, I'd arrange that in a heart beat no problem :)

Now THAT would be an interesting idea. Give 'em their own sub-forum to moderate and update. In a way, that would be an awfully nice way of telling them to put their money where their mouth is in terms of communicating with the fans.

Gee, now why do I have a funny feeling this would not happen, if offered...

Edited by sofine11

^^^ funny it's been suggested that exact idea.

Sure -- If members want it and and management would do it, I'd arrange that in a heart beat no problem :)

Now THAT would be an interesting idea. Give 'em their own sub-forum to moderate and update. In a way, that would be an awfully nice way of telling them to put their money where their mouth is in terms of communicating with the fans.

Gee, now why do I have a funny feeling this would not happen, if offered...

Great idea! What kinda like "your opportunity to communicate directly with the fans hassle free"?

No problem with me :)

May I add the fact that GNR's one-sentence Twitter reply to the letter was not the only thing that has recently increased the hostility between the band and us fans. Not too long after that reply, Chris Pitman addressed the situation regarding new music by saying "we don't care."

At this point, I'm not surprised at all that those recent leaks happened and wouldn't be surprised if more leaks were to happen soon.