Fernando's answer *UK SUBS post PG19*

loko

el_loko:

But Azoff released Chinese Democracy, and TB didn't release anything (except one stunning beach towel).

Jarmo:

The problem with your way of thinking is that maybe there wasn't anything for "Azoff to release" without Beta, Fernando and Vanessa.

Ever thought about that?

I think he's mistaking passion for anger. We just want a simple answer, a date, some communication that our favourite band is in fact playing together and preparing a new album. We love and support the band but... everything has its limits. I for one cannot support a band that isn't forging forward creatively.

2 outcomes of further delays with at least starting a new record 1: band members start to leave... bumbles been itching to make a record for ever, I wouldn't blame him for jumping ship if he got a good offer. 2 the fans lose total interest and it causes more of a backlash... that means the shows don't sell out, less money, effectively shooting yourself in the foot.

I want to support the band, but I have to feel as though we're appreciated for that to continue. The band has to really get it's PR together because it seems like they haven't a clue about their fan-base. To think that your hardcore fans are your enemies is ridiculous, We love GnR, we want the best from them and for them, we have no problem with GnR associates we just want to communicated with and treated with respect.

This is very well put. If Fernando read this then maybe he'd understand that yes, it's the passion of the fans that drive this forum. Not the hate.

Soul Monster, I am watching you and jarmo on htgth and you are wasting your time with Jarmo I am afraid. The guy is a complete tool. He would defend TB until the grave because he gets freebie trips. I have a feeling that he does not want gnr to release an album as then the freebies will stop for awhile.

• Like 1

So he still didn't answer that letter. Extremely pointless answer.

If he really spent 2 hours on "other more active forums" (which I'm assuming would include MyGNR) he'd realize there's not as much hate as he thinks.

I outlined this in another really long post, but I'll briefly restate it: that's the problem with those of you (and there are only a few) who just bash Fernando or Beta for the easy reasons: deriding them for being house maids, Brazilian, whatever. You guys make it way too easy for them to ignore VALID criticisms (their handling and apparent mismanagement of the band, for example) and just lump it all together as "hate."

I truly wish people didn't ever cupcake them and make fun of them in racist or sexist ways or even just bash them for their history, because it reduces the level of discourse and if I were in their shoes I'd probably have the same reaction and just lump it all together. No one wants to be reading stuff about themselves like that.

However I do think there are valid questions, criticisms and concerns that they could take an opportunity to address, and I think it's kind of ignorant of Fernando to imply that ALL of our members are spewing hate. You can't write off a whole fanbase like that, and the truth is that we moderate D&N to the extent that those kinds of hateful posts aren't allowed, so unless he spent 2 hours in the Attitude subforum I'm not sure where he's getting this idea from.

With all due respect, while I've certainly noticed in increased crackdown on the insults being hurled back and forth, that is a more recent initiative and due to the fact that there isn't always a mod available to monitor the forum, one which cannot be upheld all the time. Which, is not to say that hate has been permitted in the past. But, at times, like in the case of the last time BBF came to chat, there was a lot of unnecessary hostility being directed towards him for quite a while during a time when no mod happened to be online. I understand it was just one of those scenarios when no one was present and available at the time, but by the time the cleaning-up of the thread happened, the damage may have already been done.

You can't un-ring the bell, so to speak.

The unfortunate thing is that you're right, while it isn't the majority of the posters here who hurl insults towards the management team, for whatever reason, the insults that do come out may tend to stick out like a sore thumb. Like you said, when there are insults that stick out like a sore thumb, it does make it much easier just to disregard everything that's said here.

I don't know what the solution is, but there is something that can be done on both sides to make things like band member chats happen sometime again in the future.

Ali

Ali,

What are your feelings on Axl's bashing of Madison post. Like the homophic line calling her a lesbian cunt? Do you feel that was acceptable behavior?

What are your feelings on why Axl and company don't post on HTGTH in their own official forum? It seems odd that some posters on here criticize and blame a few bad apples on this forum for ruining our chances of having band members post here. BUT band members don't post on the "worship Axl 24/7" forums either.

• Like 2

Completely mistake, sorry for the confusion. I meant to say that anyone saying it DOESN'T happen is kidding themselves.

And thank you for the welcome!

Anyone claiming that racist remarks and insults are hurled toward Team Brazil on a regular basis is absolutely lying to themselves. Is is the majority of posters? No. But it does happen and it happens a lot.

So what are these racist remarks? Given that racist remarks are not welcome here can you tell me what Fernando is talking about?

A lot of it gets hidden or removed soon after it's posted and I obviously wouldn't want to re-post any of it here. Whether I agree with everything Fernando said or not, I'm just pointing out that he did have a reason to object to those type of posts.

If you look at the last two or three pages, you can see some great examples of people saying what they're dissatisfied with but not resorting to any of those tactics. Angry? Aggressive even? Sure, but I don't see a problem with that as long as it doesn't sink to the attacking level.

Soul Monster, I am watching you and jarmo on htgth and you are wasting your time with Jarmo I am afraid. The guy is a complete tool. He would defend TB until the grave because he gets freebie trips. I have a feeling that he does not want gnr to release an album as then the freebies will stop for awhile.

On here I am one of the members least critical of GN'R, on HTGTH I am one of the most :D

But yeah, we might disagree a bit on the interpretation of what Fernando said, but it is all good. I got my point across that Fernando could have acted more professional.

Racism? there is no racisim here. Somebody once made fun of Fernando's moustache so that must be what he is acting like a toddler.

Jarmo's saying a 'minority' of fans. Well, last I checked Mygnr is far more active than HTGTH. My gnr gets thousands of posts whereas, HTGTH merely consists of two fans yanking each other's dicks. If there is a consensus of fan opinion on Guns N' Roses, then that opinion surely must reside on Mygnr.

Racism? there is no racisim here. Somebody once made fun of Fernando's moustache so that must be what he is acting like a toddler.

Jarmo's saying a 'minority' of fans. Well, last I checked Mygnr is far more active than HTGTH. My gnr gets thousands of posts whereas, HTGTH merely consists of two fans yanking each other's dicks. If there is a consensus of fan opinion on Guns N' Roses, then that opinion surely must reside on Mygnr.

Absolutely, I have been checking out Jarmo's comments on his site and they are just so not accurate of what is really going on.

There is a reason why his forum is a wasteland compared to here

As I said, most users don't see it because it's removed or hidden asap, but it has happened.

There is NO POSSIBLE way the band could fuck with you except to not give you a record when you pay for it or refuse to play at a gig.

... or sell you a $49.99 one-year membership for a fan forum that basically provides nothing that was promised. In fact it practically seems abandoned as the big front page headline at this very moment is the July 2nd announcement of "two new Canada shows". :laugh:

• Like 1

There is NO POSSIBLE way the band could fuck with you except to not give you a record when you pay for it or refuse to play at a gig.

... or sell you a $49.99 one-year membership for a fan forum that basically provides nothing that was promised. In fact it practically seems abandoned as the big front page headline at this very moment is the July 2nd announcement of "two new Canada shows". :laugh:

LOL, let's see how SM will turn that into a good thing and/or blame you for paying for it.

Oops, I forgot about that. That really was a failure.

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids While they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the band They want to know about...

As I said, most users don't see it because it's removed or hidden asap, but it has happened.

Well then, it is removed and hidden asap. This basically reinforces my point about this place not having racism.

Sort of hypocritical, TB being so concerned about racism considering they manage the composer of 'One in a Million.'

Well then, it is removed and hidden asap. This basically reinforces my point about this place not having racism.

Sort of hypocritical, TB being so concerned about racism considering they manage the composer of 'One in a Million.'

And the guy who called the girl who helped to create the biggest GNR community on the internet a lesbian cunt. That was not hidden.

Edited by Aninha_Hudson

Funny how nobody has yet been able to point out this racism, most likely because as you yourself admit most users don't see it, users that browse this forum 24/7. Yet Fernando drops in and spots it straight off the bat.

Forgive me for thinking that he is playing the race card in a pathetic attempt to play the victim here.

I don't doubt that comments that could be construed as racist have been posted here in the past...and have lasted all of about ten seconds before being deleted. But I don't believe for a second that Fernando was privy to such comments