Some thoughts after reading through Canter's posts.

Jordan Rose

I've just been reading through all of Canter's posts and he says that in 1991/1992 Axl had an idea that fans would be able to order copies of any live shows from the tour but couldn't make it happen.

That's pretty incredible and ironic. I mean, it's clear that Axl was one of these rare artists who is still a fan himself, and thinks about things from a fan's perspective. His old rant about not playing the same show every night and just jacking off to Appetite demonstrates that mindset.

Yet today when he's asked about when new music might come he says 'Don't know, don't care'.

Canter says that if Axl was in the right mindset, nothing would stop him from getting his music out there somehow. Aside from legal/label problems, the thing that Canter says has stopped Axl from getting to and staying in a positive creative space is the anger and resentment he still holds towards Slash. He says it's like he's trying to swim with a bowling ball.

I think Canter's probably pretty much bang on about this. He's recounted many conversations he had with Axl up until 2007 which were all about Axl's anger towards Slash and his obsession with everything Slash did or said publicly.

For those who haven't read all of Canter's 1,000+ posts he says that basically Axl is still waiting for Slash to essentially hold a press conference and say he lied about everything and it was all his fault and that nothing else is good enough. Slash feels he has nothing to apologise for and has let all of that old stuff go anyway.

Whilst i'm personally far more interested in the 22 unreleased Bucket-era songs and having Axl perform them with the fire he had in 2006-2010, the sad reality seems to be that if he can't find a reasonable way to reconcile with Slash, the rest of his career likely wont be any different to the last 17 years anyway.

• Like 1

Slash apologizing to Axl doesn't mean hes back in Guns n Roses.

It's a starting point. Not that I want a full on reunion though.
I'm for a reunion only if a new album sucks.

Axls come to far to start again, he doesn't need money and he hates all the crap that it would bring. Including the talk of reunions, jmo.

When and if the money ever runs short on Axl to be able to support his band employees and all the endless entourage leachers , I'm sure he'll be more wiling to a working things out with Slash.

The time will eventually come....maybe in a couple of years, maybe in 10 years if they're (Axl & Slash) still alive anyways...

No he wouldn't be, even If Slash apologized that wouldn't mean reunion, Axl could just accept it maybe apologize back and move on with his life/career. I won't behave like it's all Slash fault (it isn't ) but Slash is the one responsible for majority of things :

- he signed off rights to Guns N' Roses ( I don't care how but I doubt he was forced to because if he would any COURT in the world would make that document invalid) and then sued Axl over it. I don't believe he was forced to do so, so he did it willingly or being on drugs. Then whole VR marketing was build around this lie, essentially all those interviews about how it's solely Axl's fault,, how he was that black sheep etc, etc (Weiland admitted afterwards how Slash was lying about Axl)

- Slash and Duff stated many times how they hated "Patience" but when they wanted to earn some $$$ they made it setlist essential.

- Slash was hating on SCOM for years why he plays it live ?

- there were obvious lies in Slash book etc etc

- also I think that whole RHOF thing was a dirty set up ( and I don't think that Slash has to do anything with that but it's possible that Slash and co would not show up if whole new band was inducted as well) becuse they didn;t want to iduct new guys but they willingly iducted new RHCP guitarist. So why let's say Tommy, Tobias etc werent't inducted he had more to do with GN'R music then Sorum

I'm a little disappointed that everyone seems to have completely missed the points I was trying to make. Nowhere did I say anything about a reunion. I didn't even suggest that a reconciliation between the two of them would or should lead to a reunion.

Whilst i'm personally far more interested in the 22 unreleased Bucket-era songs and having Axl perform them with the fire he had in 2006-2010, the sad reality seems to be that if he can't find a reasonable way to reconcile with Slash, the rest of his career likely wont be any different to the last 17 years anyway.

I was trying to relate Canter's insight that unless Axl can make peace with Slash then nothing productive is ever likely to happen in Axl's career. Canter is probably right that Axl's hate for Slash is the biggest problem he, and therefore we, have and the biggest obstacle to getting back the Axl we all want.

Whether you want a reunion or for Axl to release, promote and tour his unreleased music, a reconciliation with Slash is arguably as important to either. I'd even go so far as to suggest that given a scenario like geldof getting Waters to play with Gilmour at Live 8, it's more likely that Axl would play with Slash without getting his poublic apology than it is that we'll get back the Axl who wanted to release and promote a trilogy, make every show available to order and play different sets every night.

Edited by Jordan Rose

No he wouldn't be, even If Slash apologized that wouldn't mean reunion, Axl could just accept it maybe apologize back and move on with his life/career. I won't behave like it's all Slash fault (it isn't ) but Slash is the one responsible for majority of things :

- he signed off rights to Guns N' Roses ( I don't care how but I doubt he was forced to because if he would any COURT in the world would make that document invalid) and then sued Axl over it. I don't believe he was forced to do so, so he did it willingly or being on drugs. Then whole VR marketing was build around this lie, essentially all those interviews about how it's solely Axl's fault,, how he was that black sheep etc, etc (Weiland admitted afterwards how Slash was lying about Axl)

- Slash and Duff stated many times how they hated "Patience" but when they wanted to earn some $$$ they made it setlist essential.

- Slash was hating on SCOM for years why he plays it live ?

- there were obvious lies in Slash book etc etc

- also I think that whole RHOF thing was a dirty set up ( and I don't think that Slash has to do anything with that but it's possible that Slash and co would not show up if whole new band was inducted as well) becuse they didn;t want to iduct new guys but they willingly iducted new RHCP guitarist. So why let's say Tommy, Tobias etc werent't inducted he had more to do with GN'R music then Sorum

The fuck are you talking about?

• Like 1

I know, sounds like a stupid question, but what did Slash lie about? I know I've read Canter say he's not blameless, but its relatively clear that Axl is so much more to blame than Slash right? Or do I have that totally wrong. What did Slash do wrong that really pisses off, aside from leave the band which made Axl upset?

• Like 1

I know, sounds like a stupid question, but what did Slash lie about? I know I've read Canter say he's not blameless, but its relatively clear that Axl is so much more to blame than Slash right? Or do I have that totally wrong. What did Slash do wrong that really pisses off, aside from leave the band which made Axl upset?

Axl held the cards and Slash decided not to play his silly little game. Axl had it in mind to demote everybody in the legacy band to errand boys at his beck and call and make them write and record with people that they didnt want to ..and at that time..they were no longer members they were employees of the new GNR that Axl had set in motion. We often get confused thinking the two are the same entity but in reality they were not/are not. Axl suckerpunched his bandmates into giving him the name, he "quit" GNR and took the name with him and then started to form another GNR with Slash and Duff being the sole remaining from the AFD UYI MEMBERS of THAT band but were going to be in THIS band.

Slash said nope.. "get your shit together Axl..Shut up and sing. Play some rock and roll and fucking stop writing Stephanie Seymour ballads and rock operettas and get back to the meat and potatoes of what GNR is all about."

Axls thong bunched up around his bunghole over that and we didnt hear or see much of him for many many years.

• Like 3

Guest cbgnr666

Axl held the cards and Slash decided not to play his silly little game. Axl had it in mind to demote everybody in the legacy band to errand boys at his beck and call and make them write and record with people that they didnt want to ..and at that time..they were no longer members they were employees of the new GNR that Axl had set in motion. We often get confused thinking the two are the same entity but in reality they were not/are not. Axl suckerpunched his bandmates into giving him the name, he "quit" GNR and took the name with him and then started to form another GNR with Slash and Duff being the sole remaining from the AFD UYI MEMBERS of THAT band but were going to be in THIS band.

Slash said nope.. "get your shit together Axl..Shut up and sing. Play some rock and roll and fucking stop writing Stephanie Seymour ballads and rock operettas and get back to the meat and potatoes of what GNR is all about."

Axls thong bunched up around his bunghole over that and we didnt hear or see much of him for many many years.

But don't forget that he also tried to come crawling back at one point after he gave Axl this apparent ultimatum.

I've just been reading through all of Canter's posts and he says that in 1991/1992 Axl had an idea that fans would be able to order copies of any live shows from the tour but couldn't make it happen.

That's pretty incredible and ironic. I mean, it's clear that Axl was one of these rare artists who is still a fan himself, and thinks about things from a fan's perspective. His old rant about not playing the same show every night and just jacking off to Appetite demonstrates that mindset.

Yet today when he's asked about when new music might come he says 'Don't know, don't care'.

Canter says that if Axl was in the right mindset, nothing would stop him from getting his music out there somehow. Aside from legal/label problems, the thing that Canter says has stopped Axl from getting to and staying in a positive creative space is the anger and resentment he still holds towards Slash. He says it's like he's trying to swim with a bowling ball.

I think Canter's probably pretty much bang on about this. He's recounted many conversations he had with Axl up until 2007 which were all about Axl's anger towards Slash and his obsession with everything Slash did or said publicly.

For those who haven't read all of Canter's 1,000+ posts he says that basically Axl is still waiting for Slash to essentially hold a press conference and say he lied about everything and it was all his fault and that nothing else is good enough. Slash feels he has nothing to apologise for and has let all of that old stuff go anyway.

If and when they reconcile, it'll be in private. Same with Buckethead.

It would be a good idea if they opened the archives up for download and streaming, I think most of us would want to hear a soundboard of shows we've been to.