If Axl is the Pepsi Cola, has Slash proven to be the Coca Cola?

sliverjazz

This is actually an interesting theory that should be explored more. Despite being extremely popular for a long time, Coke decided to completely change their flavour to New Coke, shocking the hell out of just about everybody. In similar fashion, Axl replaced Slash Crunchy Blues with Bucket Fried Chicken and created an entirely new band under the same name.

Huge public backlash eventually forced Coke to re-introduce Coca Cola Classic. They tried the same thing with nuGuns, hoping for the band to return to Guns n' Roses Classic. Only difference is that Axl "don't vant to doo eet", and so the public never got what they wanted. They moved on to basically ignore nuGuns, forcing them to play to an ever-shrinking audience as a tribute band to AFD and UYI, despite having only one original member left in the group.

ujx5.jpg

In fact, rather than reverting to their classic iteration, nuGuns decided to push the experimental envelope further by creating an entirely new band yet again. Some might say it was a little blander than either previous incarnation, and even included a more watered down version of a top hat.

qedv.jpg

• Like 1

If Axl is a vacuum cleaner, has Slash proven to be an instruction manual for Ikea furniture?

......Is this actually a...thing in USA? Is there some sort of a segment of growqn up people who consciously and with some passion find Coca Cola/Pepsi somehow..classier than the other?

Edited by LTD

When I was younger I liked Pepsi a lot more than Coke but as I've gotten older my tastes have changed and now I like Coke better(Yes they do taste different people). So yeah the Axl/Slash to Coke/Pepsi comparison is 100% accurate.