Would you buy AFD 1999?

wfuckinga

...sure I would buy it, ... (it should have been released for FREE download as a bonus disc on the occasion of AFD's 25th anniversary though)

I'd love to hear anything from GN'R where Robin Finck was involved.

Edited by onetimer

I really don't like the idea of a re-recorded AFD, so as much as I love GNR I would only download it for free. If I'd actually prefer some of the newer versions (which I doubt), then I would put those versions on my playlist. But it's more likely that I'd rarely listen to those re-recorded versions. Just like I never really listen to the new versions of Better.

Hell yes I would.

I'm a GNR fan. I'd buy anything officially released. I'd buy Axl's spoken word album where he reads a Thai take out menu if they released it.

But when you think of how LITTLE actual material has actually been made available since the band was signed in 1987....it's insane.

Yeah, its easy to buy anything they ever officially release because you have 10 years to make that amount of money between releases. You'd have to be constantly homeless and not be able to have ANYONE donate some money to you for someone to not be able to afford all GNR officially released material when they were released. For example, a homeless man has had since 2008 to get his money in order for CD II, and even the worst beggar ever probably made it at the latest by last year.

Nope. I'm not willing to pay money for recycled old material which will undoubtedly we worse than the original.

If that's the best they can come up with as a release in so many years I'd take it as an insult to the fans. If they'd release an album every two years or so it'd be a nice extra. But by itself - an insult. Especially given all the other unreleased material.

Edited by username

I'd buy a re-recorded AFD with Myles Kennedy.

^^see how dumb this is? ...

I can't believe so many people here would buy this. Since when artists re-record their own albums with different people? This is the stupidest idea ever, and some of you would support this dumb idea.. unbelievable.

Edited by Kapitch_77
  • Like 2

If by buy you mean go to my local record store and set the display for it on fire with a can of petrol and a match, then yes I will.

I got three copies of AFD, plus vinyls of the three singles. As if I'd want some cheap shit copy of one of the best albums of all time and my all time favourite.

For all anyone knows, the "re-recording" could have just been a live run through of the album recorded at rehearsals. They played 10 AFD tracks at the first comeback shows in 2001, plus Axl said he would like to add Patience and YCBM instead of Anything Goes and You're Crazy, which weren't played at the time. I think people make this re-recording out to be much bigger than it ever was.