Slash's lies (no one really knows for sure though)

Coma16

Some of you people are really f*cking sick and need to seriously get a life.

This is somebody's death you are making light of in your ongoing twist obsession of trying to make Axl look better by finding ways to insult Slash.

People making light of a subject matter like this, just to try and prove that Slash has lied in the past........disgusting.

Coma I've always thought of you as a step above the volcanos/brainsabers/ali of the forum. But I guess I was wrong.

You people are like the kids who are obsessed with Justin Bieber and the clowns who are addicted to following the Kardashians and shows like that. Your SO obsessed with Axl Rose that you will do anything to "hate" the people he hates.

And just so nobody is confused. Having a discussion about the tragedy is one thing and perfectly reasonable, even criticizing Slash for his role in it. But making this a topic JUST to try and prove that Slash is a "liar"..............disgusting.

I get a topic closed by a Mod for using the word "nutter".........but they allow crap like this? Unreal.

I don't like your tone sir

• Like 2

This is somebody's death you are making light of in your ongoing twist obsession of trying to make Axl look better by finding ways to insult Slash.

People making light of a subject matter like this, just to try and prove that Slash has lied in the past........disgusting.

Coma I've always thought of you as a step above the volcanos/brainsabers/ali of the forum. But I guess I was wrong.

You people are like the kids who are obsessed with Justin Bieber and the clowns who are addicted to following the Kardashians and shows like that. Your SO obsessed with Axl Rose that you will do anything to "hate" the people he hates.

And just so nobody is confused. Having a discussion about the tragedy is one thing and perfectly reasonable, even criticizing Slash for his role in it. But making this a topic JUST to try and prove that Slash is a "liar"..............disgusting.

I get a topic closed by a Mod for using the word "nutter".........but they allow crap like this? Unreal.

I don't like your tone sir

Dude............like I said. I see no problem with having a serious discussion about the incident.

But to SOLELY do it to try and prove that Axl is a liar...........that is seriously messed up and shows an obsession that is just disgusting.

People can love Axl without having to destroy everything that Slash does. Hating Slash does not make somebody a bigger fan of Axl, a better fan of Axl, and isn't going to get them into the inner-circle that Jarma got into.

Cano I know your a nice guy in real life. And I know most of your Slash hating is just you doing a little trolling and having fun. But the tone of this topic has no place on a fan forum. Mygnr should be better than that.

Newsflash! Junkie tells lies trying to cover his ass!

Move along people, nothing more to see here.

The moral of the story is, two junkies in a hotel room. Slash was involved a few of these near death junkie escapades with Nikki Sixx also. If we believe Axl's version of events, Adler shot up Erin. All these people are/were junkies with addled brains.

This: While Slash probably wasn't the hero he made himself out to be, and he may be guilty of the things Todd's Jetboy bandmates accuse him of, I wouldn't call him a murderer. It's just junkies being junkies, and death, as tragic as it is, is not a risk that these people were unaware of. It's pretty amazing that the AFD crew is still alive (though Duff's alcoholism did nearly kill him).

• Like 1

Axl has nothing to do with the topic (i think only 1-2 other members brought his name in the thread).

Should we not discuss articles that deal with death? Not sure if anyone is making light of it.

Axl has nothing to do with the topic (i think only 1-2 other members brought his name in the thread).

Should we not discuss articles that deal with death? Not sure if anyone is making light of it.

For the third time

Having a legitimate discussion about this is one thing.

Doing so SOLELY in your ongoing quest to bash All-Things-Slash and to prove he is a liar...........disgusting.

The only reasons a small group of you guys start topics like this is to deflect criticism away from Axl. It's weird.

You know, you don't have to hate Slash just because Axl does. It doesn't make you a bigger and better fan. Beta isn't going to friend you on Facebook. It just makes you seem obsessive and immature and childish.

If you think that Axl has done more or accomplished more in his life/career than Slash has - well then prove it by listing all of the POSITIVE things that Axl has done.......rather than just trying to tear down people that Axl hates.

For the third time

Having a legitimate discussion about this is one thing.

Doing so SOLELY in your ongoing quest to bash All-Things-Slash and to prove he is a liar...........disgusting.

The only reasons a small group of you guys start topics like this is to deflect criticism away from Axl. It's weird.

You know, you don't have to hate Slash just because Axl does. It doesn't make you a bigger and better fan. Beta isn't going to friend you on Facebook. It just makes you seem obsessive and immature and childish.

If you think that Axl has done more or accomplished more in his life/career than Slash has - well then prove it by listing all of the POSITIVE things that Axl has done.......rather than just trying to tear down people that Axl hates.

1 - I don't have an ongoing quest to bash all-things-slash. I like Slash's music, purchase his albums, and attend his concerts. Whether he is a liar or not is another story...

2 - i created this topic as it contradicts what Salsh wrote in his book and felt it was worthy of discussion

3 - see point #1. I also don't believe that Axl hates Slash. Beta and I are friends on Facebook. Not sure how that makes me obsessive or immature

4 - Slash has definitely done more than Axl post Slash quitting GNR. However, releasing things under the GNR label aren't as easy. I'm sure much of it had to do with Axl putting on the brakes though.

Edited by Coma16

This is somebody's death you are making light of in your ongoing twisted obsession of trying to make Axl look better by finding ways to insult Slash.

Coma I've always thought of you as a step above that crap. But I guess I was wrong.

I agree. This whole thread is pretty twisted.

In a bigger picture sense, I have never understood how some here (and other forums) have taken to hating Slash now simply because Axl does. I don't think it has an ounce of credibility because if Axl somehow patched it up with Slash tomorrow, these same people would also reverse course.

• Like 1

We'll probably never know. End of story.

Pretty much.

I am not against discussing this but the only problem is there isn't much TO discuss. We don't know what happened, these Jetboy people weren't there so they don't really know exactly what happened, and we have Slash's account that we aren't qualified to refute. I don't see what we can talk about here...

If Todd had avoided Slash he'd probably be alive and healthy person nowadays.

Now that's just crazy talk. Nobody can determine the future of an addict, that's their own destiny. Had Slash not gave Todd all those materials that night, he probably would have got them some other night.

He was clearly in self-destruct after losing his girl. The odds are he wanted the company of somebody like Slash -- not someone who would steer him back into security.

ha! crazy talk? Take my advice. If you have drug problems better avoid junkies, specially the ones who are on heavy drugs and don't have any problem to shot you up with the worst kind of shit.

• Like 1

Axl has warned the world about Slash when he said: "...I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better." :no:

Moral of the story: If Todd had avoided Slash he'd probably be alive and healthy person nowadays. :blink: Shame on you Slash!

Axl has warned the world about Slash when he said: "...I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better." :no:

Moral of the story: If Todd had avoided Slash he'd probably be alive and healthy person nowadays. :blink: Shame on you Slash!

If Todd had avoided Slash he'd probably be alive and healthy person nowadays.

I agree with this. But then again, if Slash has a dirty asshole is non of GNR D&N biz.

131.gif

It's a sad tragic end to a short life.

If the family felt Slash was at fault, they would have been all over TV at the time looking to put Slash behind bars. The guy was kicked out of the band and in a downward spiral, and an accident happened - that's all anyone really knows.

What did GNR ever do as a band for the family who lost loved ones at Donington? Dwelled on it, and.....what?

Naww that whole Drugs, Sex and Rock and Roll is just a propaganda marketing scheme to make choirboys look ruthless and dangerous.

Axl was reading scripture to the blind and helping little old ladies across the street while Duff and Adler were working at the mission soup kitchen handing out meals to the homeless. Izzy was teaching English as Second Language to the Mexican migrants in the valley while Slash was writing grant proposals for clean safe and effective energy conservation. Motley Crue in the meantime volunteered to clean a section of highway along with members of Ratt. Poison and WASP all were part of youth groups and led ministry worship services on Wednesday nights alternatively when they werent playing the Rainbow or the Roxy on the strip.

By now I would have thought you all knew that. There was no hedonistic self idulgent drugs sex and rock and roll going on..thats all revisionist myth,lies and marketing campaigns to make it all the more thrilling and dangerous.

There ...now all of you can stop being shocked that *gasp* Hollywood was a fucking cesspool of humanity at the time.THe leaders of the parade in the late 80's were *gasp* GNR...and Axl was right there too. Ever wonder what cocaine can do for a singer? Ever wonder how long you can hold out a note when your system is numbed and can over rule the pain sensations... well you can if you listen for it.. its all over UYIs.

I was there about 45 minutes into my 6 month visit in the late80's and fresh off the plane before I felt the need to go take a bath in Clorox. "you can have anything you want but you better not take it from me" ring anybodies bells??

People gotta chill down....this is just internet talking... :shrugs:

I'll always admire greatly both Slash and Axl for the huge things they've achieved as musicians, together and not. On the other hand I'm not so sure there's anything really that great to admire about them as human beings or for being exactly truthful in the way they depict past occurrences...

• Like 3

As the title says, the purpose of this thread is to exploit the doubt surrounding a guy's tragic death to make slash look bad.

This tells you more for certain about the people attacking slash than it does about slash himself.

I'm all for open debate, but that has to be said.

Well the drug lifestyle isn't as pretty as rock and roll makes it out to be.

Slash himself has had his heart stop before from drug use, both Todd and Slash were junkies at the time.

On that night Todd didn't make it, but I think it's pretty safe to say the tables could easily have gone the other way, it's only really luck that has kept Slash, Adler, Izzy and Duff alive in their prime of self-abuse.

Obviously in a scenario like this - where everyone involved is engaging in illegal behaviour - and it leads to a death - people are going to give accounts of the story that minimise their own liability - you can't expect people to jump up and go "It's my fault" - when realistically the fault has to lie with everyone involved in that lifestyle. Not to mention - if there's inconsistencies in the story - it could be because the other people there were also high out of their minds.

I'd be surprised if Slash bullied Todd into injecting, if it hadn't been him, someone else would have been doing the same kind of stuff with him. It's a horrible incident, but it's the sort of thing that's common in the junkie world.

What I don't see is how it has any effect on Axl's camp - that Slash would minimise his involvement in a wrongful drug death doesn't mean he's lying all the time about musical stuff - it doesn't mean he was engaged in a secret campaign to undermine Axl's fame while they were both in GNR and was telling Axl that bad things sounded good.

And if Axl has a problem with the results of the drug lifestyle, why is he currently friends with Izzy again, when he was a drug dealer.

Remind me what Double Talking Jive is about again Izzy.

In short - no one says slash is a saint and we all know he has a terrible drug past - but does that mean he's horrible on every level? Unlikely.

• Like 1

Another thread with the same speculative non-story?

Edit: We don't know what happened. Hell even the dudes from Jetboy weren't there. From my perspective there is no real point to throw out accusations on this speculative thing let alone perpetrate the "Slash is a liar" rhetoric with it

Edited by WhazUp

In all honesty, this is probably true but you know what, Slash was some strung out drug addicted loser just like his friend. They weren't responsible for one another, were both solely responsible for themselves, and were both retarded. That is absolutely tragic and looking back, I am 100% sure Slash wishes things went down differently, but it wasn't his fault, it was his friend's- just like it was Slash's own fault he ODed and died the times he did.

In short, drugs are bad, kids.

• Like 2