Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

If its not Axl it sucks right? Myles is one of the best singers ever, give it a chance, sounds good to me!

I absolutely love Myles in Alter Bridge and Apocalyptic Love. This just sounds way too processed.

That said, I'll give it a chance. 30 second clips never tell the whole story.

I think they doubled Myles' voice, with a regular (though still decently high pitch track since it's Myles) track and then a falsetto or much higher pitch track; to be honest, even though I'm a big Slash + Myles fan, I think it would have been better without the doubling/without that higher pitch track.

Slash2Baz, do you know if there are plans for any more singles to be released before the album drops?

nope as far as I know only the single "World On Fire" ! ;)

They will play maybe this one + another new one on Tour w/ Aerosmith. Wait & see ! ;)

Slash2Baz, do you know if there are plans for any more singles to be released before the album drops?

nope as far as I know only the single "World On Fire" ! ;)

They will play maybe this one + another new one on Tour w/ Aerosmith. Wait & see ! ;)

But September is so far away waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for the info :)

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for bad rain. Killer riff. Sure the lyrics are absolutely horrible, but most if the lyrics are.

I don't listen to slash for the lyrics, just the guitar playing. Someone said that if you don't like Myles' voice on this single you probably won't like it the rest of the album, which is surely true. But I can overlook it and probably enjoy the album. I don't like Myles as a singer or lyricist but I like him working with Slash because it gets slash motivated to continuously put out music, unlike a certain red headed friend of ours.

• Like 1

If anyone wants a good laugh, I ran the text from that Dutch site with the 30 second snippet through Google Translate a few days ago:

Rock Greatness Slash and Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy have beaten hands back together. They worked together in 2010, though the solo album by former Guns N 'Roses guitarist and that was apparently so good that they have given the album World On Fire. Follow up 3FM.nl has a taste for you:

This summer, the duo toured with The Conspirators Europe, which they call the HMH in Amsterdam on 24 November.
Slash and Miles Kennedy at Pinkpop 2010
Pinkpop Visitors could already see them in action in 2010, when they performed at the 3FM stage and Slash still came into the 3FM studio.

I don't get the hate for bad rain. Killer riff. Sure the lyrics are absolutely horrible, but most if the lyrics are.

I don't listen to slash for the lyrics, just the guitar playing. Someone said that if you don't like Myles' voice on this single you probably won't like it the rest of the album, which is surely true. But I can overlook it and probably enjoy the album. I don't like Myles as a singer or lyricist but I like him working with Slash because it gets slash motivated to continuously put out music, unlike a certain red headed friend of ours.

I like Bad Rain alot too, great riffs and if Layne Staley was singing it with different lyrics it would be pure AIC.

That chorus for World on Fire sounds like that upbeat music they put on tampax commercials while a load of women do cartweels or water ski.

I'm sure the album will be great after a few listens but Myles should stop trying to fill Axl's shoes by singing in high register, the songs don't need it.

That chorus for World on Fire sounds like that upbeat music they put on tampax commercials while a load of women do cartweels or water ski.

I'm sure the album will be great after a few listens but Myles should stop trying to fill Axl's shoes by singing in high register, the songs don't need it.

The thing is that it's Slash's final call on how the songs are going to be sang. If he made a suggestion to Myles that a lower register would work, then Myles would go with it and he would have no problems with that.

High vocals were always Myles' thing, even before he started working with Slash, but he's always mixed it nicely with his lower/middle voice. I'm sure he will use his lower register on this album as well, though I hope he does it more than he did on AL.

I like Bad Rain alot too, great riffs and if Layne Staley was singing it with different lyrics it would be pure AIC.

Dude, they played a 30 second snippet of 1 out of 17 songs. Maybe it's me, but it may be early to say Myles is trying to channel Axl's higher vocal register.