Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

i can't believe some people here prefer this kind of thing rather than a gnr reunion...

frankly, i don't like it at all. there's nothing original in that song, it sounds like it was played before by thousands of bands.

going from masterpieces like "coma" to doing this generic metal music is so disappointing. :(

Edited by supercool

i can't believe some people here prefer this kind of thing rather than a gnr reunion...

frankly, i don't like it at all. there's nothing original in that song, it sounds like it was played before by thousands of bands.

going from masterpieces like "coma" to doing this generic metal music is so disappointing. :(

Of course everyone would prefer a reunion, but you have to talk to Axl and team Brazil about that.

After one listen, I really like it. Totally disagree with the posters about Myles vocals ruining the song.

This is one of the very few songs that I want to listen to again despite Myles is singing. He's not ruining it this time!

Agreed. I think he is well suited to this. I'm never going to love his vocal sound but this is an improvement on AL at this point (obviously will have to listen to the whole album before final judgement).

It might just be me but I felt it had a slight ycbm feel to it.

Of course everyone would prefer a reunion, but you have to talk to Axl and team Brazil about that.
not everyone would prefer a reunion, i read many people here who prefer things to stay how they are now (both slash and axl fans).

My small review: More generic then I've expected as a song. Slash's solos got more...umm...fire to them. A lot of energy on this track.

That thing Brent does right before the solo is cool as shit. His drumming is great. I love it. Todd..he's awesome. I like his bass tone, and his bass lines, and of course, his vocals.

Myles is just doing what he did on AL it seems which is not a good thing for me, but it's just one song I guess.

Somehow I don't think this song will stick with me, but Slash sounds really good, excited to play this which is cool.

Slash doesn't pick very good singles or whoever picks it for him, so expect better songs and the rest of the album to be better then AL.

S'all good. Myles is the weak link in this song for me.

Edited by Rovim

With Axl on vocals this would easily pass for something a 2014 version of GNR would have sounded like.

Maybe in 1987 or 1993; certainly not anytime since 2011

Horseshit. He improved a lot in 2014. At least it's good enough for some 2014 version of Guns that will never happen.

Edited by Rovim

Have listened twice and I like it. I think Myles's voice will grow on me and Slash does awesome, so pretty pleased. It's a relief, tbh, because having bought tickets to the show and almost never having listened to what Slash did post GNR, I was a bit worried that I'd let myself get carried away a bit. :lol:

What's the opening riff reminiscent off? Is it YCBM? It's definitely GnR ish.

Locomotive.Pretty Tied Up too.
Yeah maybe. There's something else though...can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not good at deciphering these things, just know it reminds me of something.

It's gonna bug me for ages now.

What's the opening riff reminiscent off? Is it YCBM? It's definitely GnR ish.

Locomotive.Pretty Tied Up too.
Yeah maybe. There's something else though...can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not good at deciphering these things, just know it reminds me of something.

It's gonna bug me for ages now.

Run to the Hills

Hmmmm, after a few listens it really is a bit average, isn't it? Sounds like one of the many so-so tracks from his last album (One Last Thrill or something shitty like that).

I imagine the album will have some good tracks (there's always a few), perhaps if we're lucky an outstanding track (like Anastasia), but for the most part, it's business as usual for Slash. Generic, uninspired and tired. I've run out of adjectives to describe this song.

I would rather have one outstanding album every fifteen years (yes, I'm talking about Chinese Democracy) than countless albums filled with mediocrity.

I like Slash and I'm sure I'll like the album, but come on there is certainly a better song than this one on the album, so why is this the single? Don't get me wrong it's not bad, it's a good song but I was expecting something a little better than this, or maybe i'm too hard. It'll be better live I'm sure though.

It's a single. It's not meant to be the best song of the album (despite me always wanting a band's best song to be a single). It's meant to be a type of song that represents a side of them for the album. I think it's all right as the 1st single. It's high-energy. It's got a decent sing-a-long chorus. How it will reflect on the active rock charts still remains to be seen.

Edited by Anguyen92