Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

He's a decent singer but I've got no idea how Jimmy Page thought he could tour with him singing Led Zep songs. Listening to that Kashmir video, it just sounds so flat. It's not bad, it's just nothing special like Plant.

Well, let's be honest guys, if you don't like Myles' voice on this song, you won't probably like his voice on the major part of the album. But hey wait, i really want you guys to hear the song "Battleground" for instance; cool performances and surprising stuff on this album i can say. Check out the webisode 7... ;)

The intro? That sounds good, Myles is doing something different with his voice there which is cool.

Well, let's be honest guys, if you don't like Myles' voice on this song, you won't probably like his voice on the major part of the album. But hey wait, i really want you guys to hear the song "Battleground" for instance; cool performances and surprising stuff on this album i can say. Check out the webisode 7... ;)

Has it been answered before whether Todd has a lead vocal song on the album? I guess its possible you aren't allowed to tell us, but I really hope he does.

I heard the new single 10 times yesterday. I think its fucking fantastic. Not joking, easily the best "new" rock song I've heard all year to the best of my knowledge.

What is the instrumental like. Similar with Watch This or something like Jizz Da Pit or does it go to another direction?

Ok MY point on "Safari Inn" is....probably the worst song on the album and worst instrumental Slash has recorded. I can't tell you why right now and i really need to hear the album again because i could change my mind on this particular song.

Regarding Todd Kerns on vocals, I guess the man himself told somewhere he didn't sing lead vocals on the new album. Just backing vocals.

He's a decent singer but I've got no idea how Jimmy Page thought he could tour with him singing Led Zep songs. Listening to that Kashmir video, it just sounds so flat. It's not bad, it's just nothing special like Plant.

The intro? That sounds good, Myles is doing something different with his voice there which is cool.

I think Zep songs suit Myles much better than GNR songs. I think it was Immigrant Song they did in the encore of a show I watched earlier in the year and I thought he sounded great on it.

I think Zep songs suit Myles much better than GNR songs. I think it was Immigrant Song they did in the encore of a show I watched earlier in the year and I thought he sounded great on it.

It is not surprising to me that GnR fans would not like Myles singing GNR classics as Axl back in the day cannot be imitated but IMHO he sings some better than Axl these days...........I have asked this many times and never gotten an answer but other than Axl what other singer who has covered old Guns songs sings them better than Myles?

It is not surprising to me that GnR fans would not like Myles singing GNR classics as Axl back in the day cannot be imitated but IMHO he sings some better than Axl these days...........I have asked this many times and never gotten an answer but other than Axl what other singer who has covered old Guns songs sings them better than Myles?

I have yet to hear anyone do a better job than Myles.

You're right. Pretty much only Axl can do Axl. And even he can't do it most of the time. :lol:

Don't judge an entire band if you haven't taken the time to listen to them then. Myles can write some generic stuff, but there are plenty of occasions where he shines.

About the LZ thing: That version of Communication Breakdown might be one of the worst vocal performances he's ever done. His voice was so tired because he's been working his ass off singing for 2 bands with almost no breaks. Listen to the cover of Immigrant Song they played during the Kings of Chaos tour (and afterwards with the Conspirators). Someone posted an AB cover of Rock 'n Roll up there. That's the stuff you want to be listening to.

I understand that his voice is not for everybody but stuff like "truth is the truth hurts don't you agree" is bullshit.. Music is subjective and Myles has got a huge following who will disagree with you.

I don't think anyone here has said that Myles sucks, he obviously has appeal to many others. But as evidenced in this thread his voice isn't for everyone. I acknowledge the man's talent but I simply haven't liked anything I've ever heard from him.

Carrie Underwood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ooA2GYQhs

Also think this chick does a good job (but don't know how much of it is down to studio trickery):

What the fuck man. What the fuck. Horrid shit.

I like Carrie Underwood's performances. A lot of GNR covers make me cringe, like Sheryl Crow or those tribute albums or Sebastian Bach in Kings of Chaos, but I enjoy listening to her renditions.

What is the instrumental like. Similar with Watch This or something like Jizz Da Pit or does it go to another direction?

Ok MY point on "Safari Inn" is....probably the worst song on the album and worst instrumental Slash has recorded. I can't tell you why right now and i really need to hear the album again because i could change my mind on this particular song.

Regarding Todd Kerns on vocals, I guess the man himself told somewhere he didn't sing lead vocals on the new album. Just backing vocals.

Okay thanks. I guess I'll just wait to build my own opinion

Okay thanks. I guess I'll just wait to build my own opinion

Shame about Safari Inn. There's 17 tracks though so its all good

What was Isis of the Storm like? That title really interests me

Edited by ZoSoRose

The only thing I can say about "Iris Of The Storm" (checking my notes :lol: ) is that Slash uses that kind of playing he has on songs like "No more heroes", "Loving The Alien", "Sweet Child o' Mine". Not saying the song is a copy but it has some elements in it. ;)

The only thing I can say about "Iris Of The Storm" (checking my notes :lol: ) is that Slash uses that kind of playing he has on songs like "No more heroes", "Loving The Alien", "Sweet Child o' Mine". Not saying the song is a copy but it has some elements in it. ;)

If you feel like giving us snippets of your notes for each song, please do! :awesomeface:

If you feel like giving us snippets of your notes for each song, please do! :awesomeface:

I'd love to but I can't right now ! :lol:

Be patient guys, you got the first single, the tour will start in July...it's all great ! ;)

Is slash still in europe? Im hoping for a guest appearance at download tomorrow with aerosmith or alter bridge... or is that wishful thinking?

nope, he is back in the US right now ! He'll go to Mexico in a couple of days to promote "Nothing Left To Fear", then Canada for another movie "Cut Throats Nine" ! Still don't know when he and the Conspirators will find time for rehearsals ! :blink::wow:

Is slash still in europe? Im hoping for a guest appearance at download tomorrow with aerosmith or alter bridge... or is that wishful thinking?

nope, he is back in the US right now ! He'll go to Mexico in a couple of days to promote "Nothing Left To Fear", then Canada for another movie "Cut Throats Nine" ! Still don't know when he and the Conspirators will find time for rehearsals ! :blink::wow:

He is constantly away promoting/touring. Sucks for his family.