Would you rather get one new song from the classic GNR or an entire album from various later musicians associated with GNR?

CoolRanchDressing

would you rather have one song from slash/izzy/duff GNR? Or would you rather have an entire album from the various new musicians (99-2013)?

By far the latter. No telling how the quality of the "classic" lineup will be and this band still has a lot of juice in them that hasn't been seen yet.

Well I don´t like CD a lot. And it is believed that CD II (if such thing is the following album) is kinda a clone of CD. Although I will still buy it and give it a try. I don´t think I´m gonna like it that much either. I´m a die hard fan of the old band and their albums. So I guess I´d rather have a new song written and performed by the old GN´R over CD II

I want to hear the other half of Chinese. That and I just think we don't have enough songs to listen to from any incarnation of Gn'R, so even a great song from the classic line up will not be worth it for me over a whole album of a style I also love which is the direction Axl took with Chinese.

I'd love another old-Guns song... anybody saying they wouldn't want that is lying... simple as! Very few people on here got into GnR through CD, not knocking the album (I love it!) but The 80s/90s era GnR are what people know and love. I'm pretty sure they could write a half decent song too, if they actually managed to get in a room together.

What would I prefer as of right now...? I'd prefer a new album from the current band (written with the current band), it's kinda like consummating the marriage in a way, CD was a bunch (a whole lot!!!) of people collaborating, the next album should be a band collaboration.

Edited by Tom2112

Let me put it this way: I'd rather have a new song from NuGNR than a whole album from OldGNR.

Eh, I'm the opposite

Because you make sense. In this instance anyway.

I don't dislike the new band, but I don't see them putting out music anytime...well probably ever.

Let me put it this way: I'd rather have a new song from NuGNR than a whole album from OldGNR.

Eh, I'm the opposite

Because you make sense. In this instance anyway.

I don't dislike the new band, but I don't see them putting out music anytime...well probably ever.

What sense? It's a matter of taste and personal preference. Other then that, many people here didn't think Chinese will ever come out but it did.

Maybe this new line up's potential album or even the rest of the Chinese material won't come out soon, but it's way more likely to happen someday then that dream scenario of the old line up getting together to write and record one song and release it.

Edited by Rovim