When is it time to let go of a reunion or an older lineup?

saber_

Most of the time I accept a reunion is unlikely but occasionally I am reminded it's not impossible. I watched a Pink Floyd doc the other night and Roger Waters was talking about letting go of his feud to do Live8 with Gilmour. It's not a completely dissimilar situation and they are a few years ahead in age from Axl and Slash so maybe one day...

Why stop hoping for what you want? If people want a reunion so be it. If they want new music from this band so be it, hope for that. Difference between the two is nobody's dangling the reunion carrott in front of us. The new music carrott has been dangled in front of fans so badly it's stupid. The whole "get on board or fuck off" mantra in the end really was a slap in the face to the fans who have always been on board. One is a hope for something from the past while the other is a hope that the GNR organization stops taking the fans for granted.

And really so many of the people who hope for a reunion do so based on the realization that the new band they supported have done fuck and probably won't. It's gotten tot he point fans see more point in hoping for a reunion than hoping for this band to create their own identity. Well done NuGnR

There's really nothing to accept and have faith in imho.

I officially gave up hope for a reunion after the rnrhof, but I've highly doubted it for years. Even during that time, I wasn't expecting a performance or anything. There's just no way it will ever happen. Axl has one of the the most unhealthy, deep, venomous, hatreds I've ever seen when it comes to Slash. Add the hanger-ons who keep telling Axl he's completely in the right on top of that (most likely to keep their meal ticket), and that hatred will just never die.

But it's too late for everything really. Nu Guns will never be Van Hagar. For whatever reason you want to cite, that ship has sailed. Nobody will ever look at any form of the nu line up as anything more than Axl and a bunch of other guys decently covering GNR songs. At best.

I also highly doubt, for several reasons, we'll ever hear new nu music unless it's leaked or gets milked after Axl dies. And even then, I doubt it.

I accept the reality just fine at this point. Axl will more than likely do the nostalgic thing until he retires or drops. It's a damn shame for both sides of the coin, but no sense losing sleep over it.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 2

i wish there was and i wont stop wishing, i dont think theres a time where will give up our dream of a reuinion. but i think people have come in terms wih reality adn realized that chance of them getting back together is below low a long time ago.but letting go of the thought of a reunion dosnt mean you should embrace nu gnr

• Like 1

I've let go. But i still don't think much of cd.

Hall of Fame was the end of the line for that in my view, but you never know.

I don't think Axl should forgive Slash for what he has done, now that i know the truth.

Was just readin about your road to Damascus experience 'elsewhere'. Care to share what convinced you?

Most of the time I accept a reunion is unlikely but occasionally I am reminded it's not impossible. I watched a Pink Floyd doc the other night and Roger Waters was talking about letting go of his feud to do Live8 with Gilmour. It's not a completely dissimilar situation and they are a few years ahead in age from Axl and Slash so maybe one day...

Roger was also trying to work out why he kept getting divorced at the time, so his head was in trying to fix his life. I think the wheels were finally in motion when Nick said he and Roger ran into each other at the beach and he'd started the book. All of them gave their input to the book, but that's where you realize the friendship Nick and Roger had, was more personal than the falling out that happened between Roger and Dave.

Axl's said he's worked all that stuff out for himself.

The thing is even if the original 5 members are friends again. And they seem willing to give the band another chance. Axl still has issues with himself. I don´t think Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven or Matt are willing to put up with riots, Axl being late, expensive videos, nerverending recording and over pruduction or the current management team. They may like to be friends with Axl. But making and album and a tour with him it´s another story.

I don't think Axl should forgive Slash for what he has done, now that i know the truth.

+1
A question for all three of you:

Now that you "know the truth," what has Slash done that is unforgivable?

+1
A question for all three of you:

Now that you "know the truth," what has Slash done that is unforgivable?

They have no idea man. It's just blind Axl fanaticism. You'd have better luck gettinga straight and honest answer by asking Axl when the next album is coming out.

• Like 1