What if The General sucks?

Jakey Styley

Zodiac, Atlas, The General, Berlin, Down By The Ocean, Quick Song, Seven, Soul Monster, Ides Of March, all songs that people want to hear based on nothing.

Here's what we know....

Atlas is Long, and bumble gave us 1 cord.

The General has a long intro.

Down By The Ocean is an Izzy song.

Soul Monster is Black Sabbath like.

Berlin is actually about Oklahoma.

Argentinian Tango is written by Bumblefoot and Axl doesn't even know about it yet.

People want them based on that. Noone knows what song is good. The General could suck and Quick Song could be the next SCOM or WTTJ.

All we know is 10 seconds of Jackie Chan, a version of Silkworms from 12 years ago, BITW, and Going down which is from who knows when.

Edited by liers

Zodiac, Atlas, The General, Berlin, Down By The Ocean, Quick Song, Seven, Soul Monster, Ides Of March, all songs that people want to hear based on nothing.

Here's what we know....

Atlas is Long, and bumble gave us 1 cord.

The General has a long intro.

Down By The Ocean is an Izzy song.

Soul Monster is Black Sabbath like.

Berlin is actually about Oklahoma.

Argentinian Tango is written by Bumblefoot and Axl doesn't even know about it yet.

People want them based on that. Noone knows what song is good. The General could suck and Quick Song could be the next SCOM or WTTJ.

All we know is 10 seconds of Jackie Chan, a version of Silkworms from 12 years ago, BITW, and Going down which is from who knows when.

Don't worry, soon we'll know more. Fernando is on it.

Is the trilogy Shackler's Revenge, Atlas Shrugged, The General? All have Atlas Shrugged refs. The General is like the little people in Randy World. Why is Shackler's Revenged called that. To me it's like Empire Strikes Back. The media are the oppressors and Axl is fighting back saying it's no his fault. Or the Shackler is the killer in that movie.

Tommy is the General. There are various movies called The General, one's a Buster Keaton one, ones a war movie I think.

Didn't Bach say it was the most metal thing Axl has done and like part 2 of Estranged.

Then there's that intro, is that The Exorcist intro, or another one?

Then once someone said Checkmate was the The General aka Jackie Chan. I don't think that's right.

maybe we'll get Atlas Shrugged on CD II and The General on CD III.

What is thought to be The General intro is not The Exorcist one.

Checkmate aka Jackie Chan is not The General.

Axl said he always viewed Chinese as a double, so maybe we'll get both on the same album, especially since Axl said they didn't have as many albums as Bach thought they had and also we were supposed to get Atlas on Chinese.

The 32 songs, 26 of them finished comment leave 18 unreleased songs. Maybe that's CD ll.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, people should have learned their lesson from Prostitute. I admit that I had some expectations for that song too, and although the song is great, it was definitely not worth all the hype IMO. Personally I can't help having some expectations for the General as well. At least this time the expectations are based on something more than just the name and a short description of the song. The intro really sounds like the GNR song I've been waiting for all my life. But... If the song ends up being crap then whatever.

Edited by Lies They Tell

Various members of the band and producers kept saying that their favorite tracks of the Chinese Democracy sessions were The General and Seven.

Although it's an opinion, under the circumstances it did give some hype to both songs. We'll see how they turn out to be.

Edited by AndreCC

Yeah Prostitute was so weak in terms of the sound and lyrics...When I first saw the title I thought "This got to be rocking, It's called Prostitute" :lol:

Fuck off, Prostitute rocks.

Different strokes and all that.

I absolutely LOVE Prostitute and have from the start. I started loving it even more in the context of the album. I think there's just no better way to end that album.

And which one is The General ? I'm not following it closely but if it's song with that 14s. clip I am VERY EXCITED, If not I don't uderstand why it is hyped so much.

That's Checkmate/Jackie Chan.

This is the intro to The General (I'm guessing the final version will have guitars etc on top of this):

Edited by Amir