Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

There. That settles it as far as I'm concerned. Can we put the Kenobi theory to rest now?

EDIT: fuck I'm an idiot for believing clickbbait headlines. He says "curses" there, not cousin. My bad

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

She's Luke's daughter and Kylo killed her mother/Luke's girlfriend/wife.

this is what im thinking, the obi wan theory doesnt make a lot of sense to me. i also read they are keeping it open and not setting anything in stone in regards to her parents.

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/24/reys-identity-possibly-revealed-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-d/

There. That settles it as far as I'm concerned. Can we put the Kenobi theory to rest now?

EDIT: fuck I'm an idiot for believing clickbbait headlines. He says "curses" there, not cousin. My bad

It's cool man.

I believe she is Luke's daughter, she can also be Leia's but that seems less likely. Why else would she receive the old Skywalker lightsaber?

Abrams injected life into Star Trek, but when he was making that film, he was probably thinking it would have been great if he was doing Star Wars. The Disney heads watched the film and thought the same.

He should have never touched Into Darkness, but Beyond might be better. But that is for another thread.

It's cool man.

I believe she is Luke's daughter, she can also be Leia's but that seems less likely. Why else would she receive the old Skywalker lightsaber?

maybe thats one of the reasons why he went into seclusion? unless leia fucked around......

starting episode III

I am starting Episode II. God help me.

Natalie is hot as hell in this though. Too bad her acting is atrocious. I feel these films ruined her career. Her Oscar for Black Swan was a fluke. Probably a pity vote.

i should have listened to axlisold :lol:

I am starting Episode II. God help me.

Natalie is hot as hell in this though. Too bad her acting is atrocious. I feel these films ruined her career. Her Oscar for Black Swan was a fluke. Probably a pity vote.

i should have listened to axlisold :lol:

Never doubt me.

• Like 1

If you adjust for inflation Phantom Menace made $707 million domestic: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=starwars.htm&adjust_yr=2015&p=.htm

It might beat that but I doubt it'll top the original's $1.19 billion in 2015 dollars.

People now have so many entertainment options, no film these days will ever sell as many tickets as the original or Gone with the Wind.

I liked the Obi-Wan detective stuff, with the alien who can hug you while scratching his bum and the visit to Kamino.

Yeah, I know some limey butthurts will bitch about Ewan's accent, but he was one of the best parts of the prequels. He was even more interesting than Liam Neeson in Episode I. Neeson was boring. Obi Wan going to that space rock and roll diner, then to Kamino and finally getting into a confrontation with Jango Fett, those were the highlights.

The dialog between Padme and Anakin was atrocious but my God did Natalie look good. Those are some good Jewish genes.

• Like 1

I meant worldwide. Hitting a billion domestic is the brass ring.

Yeah $1 billion domestic I can't see happening. $2 billion worldwide is possible if China loves Star Wars, but I think in 2017 the biggest film in China will be Avatar 2.

Avatar was a hit because it was something people have never seen before. Much like Star Wars and Gone with the Wind before it. The Force Awakens makes its money on nostalgic fans who wanted to see a Star Wars film that would meet their expectations and wash away memories of the Prequels.

I don't think any film will sell as many tickets as Gone with the Wind. Gone with the Wind, tickets were cheap, people either went to the movies or stayed home and listened to the radio. Going to the cinema was something to do, it was a culture. Nowadays people have other things. Social media, video games, Netflix, torrents. As mentioned before, there are too many alternative entertainment options.

However, I think The Force Awakens is going to make closer to $700 million in the US. $2 billion worldwide is a slam dunk.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

I can see more repeat viewings than Jurassic World. Did people really watch that film more than once? I was one and done with JW.

I never even went to go see it. I know some people here who have. Went by themselves then went to see with their families. Then again it is Arizona, people go to the movies to escape the heat. Plus it was the summer and it was perfect entertainment. I think what Jurassic World did is brought people to the movies instead of just waiting for it to stream.

Avatar was a hit because it was something people have never seen before. Much like Star Wars and Gone with the Wind before it. The Force Awakens makes its money on nostalgic fans who wanted to see a Star Wars film that would meet their expectations and wash away memories of the Prequels.

I don't think any film will sell as many tickets as Gone with the Wind. Gone with the Wind, tickets were cheap, people either went to the movies or stayed home and listened to the radio. Going to the cinema was something to do, it was a culture. Nowadays people have other things. Social media, video games, Netflix, torrents. As mentioned before, there are too many alternative entertainment options.

However, I think The Force Awakens is going to make closer to $700 million in the US. $2 billion worldwide is a slam dunk.

plus the inflated price of the tickets for that 3d bullshit.