Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Darth Maul was really cool looking and he fought well but he was really boring. He had like three lines and he gets sliced in half. Christopher Lee was just wasted as Dooku. You have fucking Dracula and Saruman in a Star Wars film and he gets killed off in the beginning of Sith. That was bullshit.

Kylo is interesting at least. He can easily be written off as hero worshipping Darth Vadar but what he really wants is to reach the point of the Dark Side Vadar wasn't able to reach. He is very emotional but that is actually the Sith way. But he isn't really a Sith is he? He is a Ren. I wonder what the difference is?

he is like a mix of darth vader and anakin skywalker :lol:

He's how Id imagine an adolescent Vader. Basically what Anakin shoulda been in the prequels.

• Like 3

Darth Maul was really cool looking and he fought well but he was really boring. He had like three lines and he gets sliced in half. Christopher Lee was just wasted as Dooku. You have fucking Dracula and Saruman in a Star Wars film and he gets killed off in the beginning of Sith. That was bullshit.

Kylo is interesting at least. He can easily be written off as hero worshipping Darth Vadar but what he really wants is to reach the point of the Dark Side Vadar wasn't able to reach. He is very emotional but that is actually the Sith way. But he isn't really a Sith is he? He is a Ren. I wonder what the difference is?

he is like a mix of darth vader and anakin skywalker :lol:

He's how Id imagine an adolescent Vader. Basically what Anakin shoulda been in the prequels.

kylo is more interesting in that he has room to grow since he really isnt controlled by a plot device like anakin was, you basically had 3 movies to rush anakin to become vader, with kylo there is more freedom in his character IMO.

• Like 1

From 4chan regarding Episode VIII.

She's Luke's daughter. As part of the Skywalker dinasty, both she and Kylo Ren had tremendous Force-sensitivity. Luke was training both when Kylo was corrupted by Snoke and slaughtered the students. However, Kylo couldn't bring himself to kill Rey, and instead mindwiped her and ditched her in Jakku with Unkar so she'd never even have a chance to reconnect with the Force. Luke went into exile because he was convinced his apprentice killed his daughter. And he isn't just bumming around depressed. He's trying to increase his own power because he's coming for Snoke hard. Luke doesn't give a fuck about politics anymore, he just wants to kill Snoke.

She's Luke's daughter. As part of the Skywalker dinasty, both she and Kylo Ren had tremendous Force-sensitivity. Luke was training both when Kylo was corrupted by Snoke and slaughtered the students. However, Kylo couldn't bring himself to kill Rey, and instead mindwiped her and ditched her in Jakku with Unkar so she'd never even have a chance to reconnect with the Force. Luke went into exile because he was convinced his apprentice killed his daughter. And he isn't just bumming around depressed. He's trying to increase his own power because he's coming for Snoke hard. Luke doesn't give a fuck about politics anymore, he just wants to kill Snoke.

Sounds like other fake 4chan leaks from the recent past for TFA that turned out to be utter bullshit. Not buying into this crap

Haven't seen Kill Bill, but I could live with that storyline.

If that storyline sounds good to you, then you should check out Kill Bill. It's about a former assassin whose former lover/boss put out a hit on her after she got pregnant and jumped ship on the life of an assassin - she wakes up from a coma 4 years later and attempts to track down and kill every member of the hit squad as revenge for killing her unborn child.

Sounds like other fake 4chan leaks from the recent past for TFA that turned out to be utter bullshit. Not buying into this crap

Definitely take the 4chan leaks with a grain of salt.

Haven't seen Kill Bill, but I could live with that storyline.

If that storyline sounds good to you, then you should check out Kill Bill. It's about a former assassin whose former lover/boss put out a hit on her after she got pregnant and jumped ship on the life of an assassin - she wakes up from a coma 4 years later and attempts to track down and kill every member of the hit squad as revenge for killing her unborn child.

I should. I think it's still on Netflix.

I saw it a few days back. I'm not gonna lie, I had very low expectations and I already knew one of the really big scenes, but I was actually really pleased with what I saw. I mean, it's not as good as it could have been, sure, but it was a good picture. I'm gonna go ahead and say I already like it better than the prequels. The only thing that really bugged me was I don't think we got to know much about the other antagonists all that well, but we have two more movies for that so I'm sure it will be covered soon enough.

But I agree, that storyline from 4chan sounds really cliche and predictable. Thankfully, it's probably not true.

Also, I get the feeling Snoke isn't really that big. I'm not gonna say he's tiny, but I bet he's just a normal sized guy. If I recall right, we only ever saw him as a hologram, so maybe he's just making himself look that big as a psychological type thing. No idea how likely it is, if at all, but I thought it was an interesting thought to entertain.

I saw it a few days back. I'm not gonna lie, I had very low expectations and I already knew one of the really big scenes, but I was actually really pleased with what I saw. I mean, it's not as good as it could have been, sure, but it was a good picture. I'm gonna go ahead and say I already like it better than the prequels. The only thing that really bugged me was I don't think we got to know much about the other antagonists all that well, but we have two more movies for that so I'm sure it will be covered soon enough.

But I agree, that storyline from 4chan sounds really cliche and predictable. Thankfully, it's probably not true.

Also, I get the feeling Snoke isn't really that big. I'm not gonna say he's tiny, but I bet he's just a normal sized guy. If I recall right, we only ever saw him as a hologram, so maybe he's just making himself look that big as a psychological type thing. No idea how likely it is, if at all, but I thought it was an interesting thought to entertain.

Probably no different than The Emperor in Empire.

the-emperor.jpg

Or is Disney going to release the original theatrical versions on Blu ray? I haven't heard much on it. Heard rumors though.

Would be nice to see them cleaned up with clearer picture and crisper sound

I feel like Disney isn't stupid enough to not ever release them, but at the same time they are smart enough to know that there's a lot of money to be made off the original versions so they don't want to screw it up. I'm sure within the next few years Disney will give the originals the proper restoration and do a Blu release. That's the main reason I've yet to upgrade my Star Wars to Blu.

As for where to track down the previous DVD release of them, I'd almost say don't bother. Aside from the ridiculous prices that most people want on eBay, there were formatting issues up the ass so they don't display right on a widescreen TV. You'll get the "centre image" typical of standard definition viewed on an HDTV but with giant black bars still. In other words, a tiny centered rectangle will be all you'll get to watch.

They weren't even a proper release anyways. It was rehashed "special edition" DVDs with the unaltered versions thrown in the bonus features. Better off cracking out the VCR and getting the original VHS releases. :lol:

However, I've heard the Laserdisc versions are excellent, but those are a little less accessible.

Yeah and I will have to get a Laserdisc player. Fuck that.

I have obtained the original releases through a torrent. It will do for now. I do want to get the blu rays but I don't want to get them when the unfucked with versions are coming out soon.

After all the money the Force Awakens is bringing in, Disney would be fucking stupid if they don't release them.