Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

A while back, Coppola said he wanted to see Lucas make darker movies, which goes along with what Lucas said in the Charlie Rose interview about what he'd like to do as a filmmaker, but we've talked about Coppola's later era movies on here and not a lot of people have seen them (I'm sure Charlie has because he's interviewed FFC when they came out).

The sequels would have been made after Lucas died, so all he did was cash in his chips while he was alive.

It's good to hear Lucas is still interested in moviemaking, interesting that Red Tails had something to do with selling off the franchise. He'll probably fare better than Coppola did in recent years because his name still has value to it.

Now Disneyland's going to revamp part of it into a Star Wars park, I'm sure he could have sold everything off years ago and been on the Forbes list.

Now that it's been in Disney's hands for a few years, I'm not sure how I feel about all the merchandise they're rolled out.

I wonder how big Episode VIII will be in comparison? Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones didn't gross as much as A New Hope and The Phantom Menace respectively, but I reckon Episode IX has a shot at being the highest grossing of the films. Will also be interesting to see how Rogue One fares.

I wonder how big Episode VIII will be in comparison? Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones didn't gross as much as A New Hope and The Phantom Menace respectively, but I reckon Episode IX has a shot at being the highest grossing of the films. Will also be interesting to see how Rogue One fares.

My guess is that Attack didn't do as well cause Phantom turned out to be such a disappointment once the hype and honeymoon denial wore off. I also guess that the same will happen here and for the same reasons, but to a much lesser extent since TFA is still quite good, just not as good as everyone made it out to be at first. So VIII will likely be the better film in terms of quality, but won't do as well financially, especially since the whole "return of the classic trio" thing won't be as big of a deal anymore.

It is rather unpredictable. Sequels can go either way, sometimes they don't make as much as the first film, sometimes they blow the previous film out of the water as seen with The Dark Knight. It really depends on how much people enjoyed the last film. If they get enough people wanting more, it will be another hit, possibly another record breaker. And with the way they ended the film, it should be a slam dunk.

The Force Awakens is actually at where Clones ended its run in terms of ticket sales. It will have to make $850 million to surpass Revenge of the Sith and over $983 million to surpass Menace.

I saw Phantom Menace twice as an 11-year-old, first forcing my father to suffer through it and then my aunt (though she fell asleep within first five minutes). Shame on me.

You goddamn terrorist.

My first time seeing it was in the US, was seeing relatives in Virginia at the time. It had already been out for a month or two (came out in US in May, UK in July), so the cinema was mostly empty by the time I saw it. I had a really cool Darth Maul + Sith Speeder toy, remember being disappointed him and the bike didn't feature more in the film.

Those were the good things about the prequels. The toys and the soundtrack.

Actually the only memorable part of the score was Duel of the Fates, John Williams never really used choir for Star Wars but I now know it was a cheap way to boost the emotion because the script and cast weren't doing a good job themselves.

It is kind of hard not to hate on George. He wrote and directed 3 sub-par prequels that could have been great and he fucked up original films. Now we either have to wait God knows how many years for the original theatrical releases to see Blu Ray or have to spend a fortune on a working LaserDisc or VHS player and hunt down whatever remaining copies of the film.

Sorry, but when Lucas sold the rights to Disney, it was a breath of fresh air. It basically guaranteed a future for the series. Too bad he didn't sell it sooner. Like 20 years sooner.

I'd guess that as well. It'll be popular, sure, but not enough to board the hype train that is epitomized by The Force Awakens. I just don't see the casuals holding out for Rogue One.

I am not too thrilled about it seeing that Gareth Edwards is directing it. Maybe he will learn to make a proper special FX film and then we get a good Godzilla sequel out of him.

Sorry, but when Lucas sold the rights to Disney, it was a breath of fresh air. It basically guaranteed a future for the series. Too bad he didn't sell it sooner. Like 20 years sooner.

Only for Disney to produce inferior reboots of the original trilogy - do you really think this was the best idea?

• Like 2

Only for Disney to produce inferior reboots of the original trilogy - do you really think this was the best idea?

You are a funny guy.