Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I now know what I am doing on 12/18/15: washing my hair.

I bet every poster who says they will pass will go see it in theaters.

I fuckin hate the force awakens. I hate it with a passion. I was sitting in the cinema with my £3 coffee thinking 'what a bunch of toss''. It epitomises what I hate in film.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just want to quote this. That's all.

I have a feeling Mark Hamill will pass and then they will have to scrap the movie and rewrite it.

apparently general audiences liked the new characters more than disney thought they would, so now they're tweaking the script for VIII to be more about them (which surprises me cause I would think it'd already be enough about them to begin with)

Not Luke please.

i dont know if luke or not but the whole "they liked our characters so much we need to rewrite" just screams of they were going to kill someone off and then the positive reaction to the characters are making them change their minds.

Ok, I'll be the guy that goes there. They were gonna kill Finn, he's the black guy. People liked the comedy and the sexual tension between him and Poe. Finn stays. Luke and Rey are unaffected.

i was thinking the same thing :lol: i think maybe they felt a backlash would occur after the whole "hollywood is racist" shit going on after the oscar drama. i cant really think what other new character could die so suddenly.

Edited by bran

Well, that's good, Finn is a great character. Hope he and Poe have more scenes.

Rey however, might be the best received character of them all. Maybe Disney will finally release more action figures of her.

I was thinking Rey was to be sidelined in favor of Luke.

Poe was supposed to be killed when they crash land on Jakku in this film, so it wouldn't be surprising if they planned to kill Finn in VIII. But maybe part of it was a desire to have each Episode focus on new characters who all form part of an overarching story? Will be fascinating to learn more about the making of these films in years to come.

I thought Looper was pretty good, but it'll be very interesting to see what Rian Johnson brings to the table.

Edited by Amir

Well, that's good, Finn is a great character. Hope he and Poe have more scenes.

Rey however, might be the best received character of them all. Maybe Disney will finally release more action figures of her.

I was thinking Rey was to be sidelined in favor of Luke.

i really like all 3 of the new characters and really would hate to see any go. if one had to go i would hope it would be in the final movie.

Edited by bran

One thing I like, they seem to be re-writing the myth, ignoring the midi-chlorian crap. Rey and Kylo are obviously strong with the Force, but there are other characters that seem to benefit from it. Finn turning from The First Order, helping Poe, how he is able to quickly use a giant gun without knowing how to do it. He held his own against a wounded Kylo before being nearly killed.

Growing up, we believed The Force was something anyone can use if they put their faith in it. Ignoring the shit from the prequels, it may still be the case.