Bumblefoot interview 11/24/13

SeBaZ

www.vorterix.com/home/ron-bumblefoot_5726

Highlights

- He's more a "pain in the ass" for Axl, than Axl for him
- Before touring with GNR, they only rehearsed 7 times. Only in one, Axl was present, but he came with hamburguers for everyone
- Going down was recorded during Barefoot sessions
- He is in contact with Gilby, Duff and Izzy, but not with Slash to prevent Axl feels betrayed
- He think that GNR must record a song before every new leg tour, rehearsed it, and be played in that leg
Edited by SeBaZ

I think Bumble said it was Simple Days in another interview.

Simple Days is the song Ron wrote while being on his first tour with GNR in 2006. So it's possible that some band members helped him record the track.

Highlights

- Before touring with GNR, they only rehearsed 7 times. Only in one, Axl was present, but he came with hamburguers for everyone
- He think that GNR must record a song before every new leg tour, rehearsed it, and be played in that leg

First one - ridiculous.

Second one - exactly. Why can't they do this?

Didn't Canter say that Axl will write you off if you say positive things about Slash or even work with him? I remember something about Kid Rock and Axl being friends but after Kid did a song with Slash Axl hasnt spoke to him since. The same thing happened with Canter saying positive things about Slash and the old band, now Axl won't speak to him.. Fucking drama like high school girls, it's so stupid.

This brings up a huge question for me tho, why is Axl cool with Izzy and Duff? They talk to Slash and for years have supported his version of how the break up went down. It doesn't make sense.

Highlights

- He's more a "pain in the ass" for Axl, than Axl for him
- Going down was recorded during Barefoot sessions
- He is in contact with Gilby, Duff and Izzy, but not with Slash to prevent Axl feels betrayed

Ok well to each point that was highlighted:

1 - I don't believe that. Axl has got to be a bigger pain in the ass.

2 - Only 7? But then again, how sweet of Axl to at least drop in and meet his new guitar player. Also, glad to hear he actually spared some hamburgurs for the others.

3 - I like going down. Cool fact though. Too many people around here are making too much out of whether or not Bucket is on the song or if it's Bumble... I don't know I just think it's ridiculous to have to know the exact date of when it was recorded at this point, but that's just me.

4 - :rofl-lol: "to prevent feeling betrayed". Unreal. Say anything nice about Slash and you're fired. Axl needs a serious therapist. Also, had no clue he even knew Gilby. And wasn't he an usher at Duff's wedding or something? Like didn't they know each other before even being hired?

5 - Love that idea.This interview makes me respect Bumble more.

Even if Axl wants to argue that there's no point to releasing a new album since this is a different era for music and releasing albums is pointless blah blah blah..we know that's playing a factor in this, then release a new EP or something every so often. Before a tour i.e. or something. Like, do what STP just did after hiring Bennington.

Edited by ARBeast

Axl must really hate Slash. Usually when you hate someone you used to be really close to on this level, it probably involves other deep feelings.

Like, Axl said in 2006 he loved the guy. I think he blames Slash for so much and it's been like that for such a long time, that in his head anyone that interacts with him is the enemy/guilty by association. Like it's supposed to be clear to his band members and friends that it's a big no no.

Slash was no angel, but it's been forever and a day since that shit took place. I don't blame Axl for still being bitter, but fuck, to hate someone for that long, and feel that anger must be a lot of work and takes a lot of energy.

I don't know the full story and Axl's view on it could be justified, but my general opinion is that striving to forgive someone, trying to burry the hatchet is more often then not the best possible choice, the healthy and fastest way to get rid of the baggage that comes with this shit.

Axl: rehearses once, brings hamburgers.

Result: RIR 2011

You do realize that that practice took place in 2006, right? 2011 has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this conversation.

in 2006 Axl brought hamburgers to the band and in 2011 he brought hamburgers to himself.

Axl: rehearses once, brings hamburgers.

Result: RIR 2011

You do realize that that practice took place in 2006, right? 2011 has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this conversation.

Ok I take it back. RIR was the obviously the result of frequent rehearsals and healthy eating, and was one of gnr's all-time best gigs.

Regardless of when it's from, if you think that rehearsal story describes a pattern that has no bearing on what happened at RIR 11 you're either incredibly naive or just dumb.