MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

Fernando himself

:rofl-lol:
Now now Bacardi, don't be unhelpful! As I said before, we've all been frustrated by sustained touring (and seemingly, absolutely nothing else).

However, we've been presented with strong rumours of a genuine attempt at progressing. Instead of being snarky, let's show that we are excited by that possibility.

I'm sorry, but how many times can one be expected to take something even remotely seriously before they realize that it doesn't matter what is said. Personally, I've reached the point where the only thing that will say anything is actions. Words no longer mean a thing.

That's your right, and nobody can challenge your logic. I myself am choosing to sit back from the keyboard, and approach next year with a cautious sense of optimism.

Each to their own. :shrugs:

Nah man. Fernando himself has promised big things. I've already booked my flight.

Again, don't be hyperbolic. A few months ago Fernando insinuated that management had big plans for 2014. Subs has since gained information which reinforces that prospect.

Based on history, it's your right to adopt the position that you are.

When I spoke to management years ago, and relayed what they said, I got personal messages from families of members who said I was not helping because what I said was taken literally by said family members because they had Asbergers, Austism, and whatever else was deal of the day back then, and I had to balance this against what was posted.

So, that is the ethical side, if that is of any use.

• Like 1

When I spoke to management years ago, and relayed what they said, I got personal messages from families of members who said I was not helping because what I said was taken literally by said family members because they had Asbergers, Austism, and whatever else was deal of the day back then, and I had to balance this against what was posted.

wat

A lot of Guns fans have mental issues. Nothing new.
  • Like 1

@MH

If you think it's cool that this band 'makes an effort', you should check out almost any other big rock band's fanclub. Get ready for the rapture!

From what I've seen, Nightrain pretty much offers a fan-only website, guitar picks, keychains, onsale privileges for shows, and "exclusive video chats" that folks on here for some reason chose to interpret as "video chats where band members must tell us an album is being worked up for release".

It shouldn't surprise anybody that their fan club is bare-bones in terms of features. Axl has said he abhors the idea of charging people money to meet him. Good for him, I think it's stupid too. Metallica and Kiss do that. Good for them. Not every band does, it's their choice. Not sure where in the fan club literature it offers fans the opportunity to pick setlists, dictate when they record albums or where they tour, or when they choose to release news about their endeavors.

Neil Peart from Rush is notoriously not fan-friendly. 99% of Rush fans could care less because he more than delivers when he's obligated to - when he's making albums and playing shows. Of all the bands I follow, I find GN'R fans are by far the hardest to please. I'd be stoked if any band I'm into put out news like GN'R just did.

Edited by MarlaHooch

wat

Sorry, I am just trying to be helpful, again

Give it six months and a few more exclusive posts, UK Subs, if he is the newsman, will get where I am coming from.

Assume as much as you like.

I'm just not sure I trust a mental health nurse who demostrably doesn't know their shit. I hope you told them all about Asberger's o wise one, that'll really confuse em.

Heh, I have done mental health nursing, into NLP. Fair play

But, this is a forum though for Guns fans, what are you wanting me to post?

I offered a lite version

I'll PM ya, far more fun

Edited by Mysteron

Look, I'm gonna retract that last one - I don't want a slanging match.

I've been around long enough to know what info you gave. Saw the adulation at htgth back in the day.

You've also been honest about not doing the weezer thing anymore and not really being in the loop now, which I respect.

My question was this - what do YOU think you revealed that you got a sense THEY thought would be damaging if taken literally?

Look, I'm gonna retract that last one - I don't want a slanging match.

I've been around long enough to know what info you gave. Saw the adulation at htgth back in the day.

You've also been honest about not doing the weezer thing anymore and not really being in the loop now, which I respect.

My question was this - what do YOU think you revealed that you got a sense THEY thought would be damaging if taken literally?

Hiya, I PM'd you anyway :-0

The reason Guns did not talk to fans in the beginning was because they thought if they said something, and it didn't happen, the fans would be disappointed.

Obviously, Merck took over eventually, we tried to tell fans what was not happening in the beginning (with all the rumours), which was fine, then we tried to be more positive and do the 'what could happen' thing, and that never worked out and this is all I was commenting on here.

And, that is all

@MH

If you think it's cool that this band 'makes an effort', you should check out almost any other big rock band's fanclub. Get ready for the rapture!

From what I've seen, Nightrain pretty much offers a fan-only website, guitar picks, keychains, onsale privileges for shows, and "exclusive video chats" that folks on here for some reason chose to interpret as "video chats where band members must tell us an album is being worked up for release".

It shouldn't surprise anybody that their fan club is bare-bones in terms of features. Axl has said he abhors the idea of charging people money to meet him. Good for him, I think it's stupid too. Metallica and Kiss do that. Good for them. Not every band does, it's their choice. Not sure where in the fan club literature it offers fans the opportunity to pick setlists, dictate when they record albums or where they tour, or when they choose to release news about their endeavors.

Neil Peart from Rush is notoriously not fan-friendly. 99% of Rush fans could care less because he more than delivers when he's obligated to - when he's making albums and playing shows. Of all the bands I follow, I find GN'R fans are by far the hardest to please. I'd be stoked if any band I'm into put out news like GN'R just did.

Metallica don't charge for meet and greets. And their fanclub is of comparable price to GNR yet it is worlds better. GNR DO charge for meet and greets and you meet maybe 2-3 members that aren't Axl.