MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

The only two things that matter to me are new music and Axl sounding good, so if he comes out to these shows as an out of shape, out of breath Mickey Mouse, and if they play a couple new tunes but make no mention of releasing studio versions any time soon, I'm gonna be pissed and bitching again.

Ahaha

At least we know there is a good chance of the new songs hitting YouTube just like in 2001-2002.

We all would love to hear new Axl material. But let's be honest, it's going to be a new guitar jam from DJ, a new TV theme show cover from Bumble, and Tommy will indeed sing Going Down, but Axl will sit it out. And nothing will be released as a GNR album.

Great if it turns out to be true - but ever since axl said he had 3 albums and there were regular future releases and it never xcame to pass - I've pretty much taken a "believe it when I see it" approach -- but if this turns out true - I may actually go see them live if they play in NYC

GN'R fans in a nutshell:

RELEASE CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!

(They release it..........eventually)

GO ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!

(They go on tour...for a long fuckin' time)

CHANGE THE SETLIST!!!!!! PLAY CIVIL WAR AND ESTRANGED!!!!

(They play a 3+ hour goddamn set with both of those tunes and a ton of others)

STOP PLAYING THE SAME 3+ HOUR SETLIST!!!!!

(They start playing the same 2.5 hour setlist instead. Hey, technically they listened)

STOP TOURING AND MAKE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!

(They stop touring. Then announce some touring that will feature some new music they made)

THIS MUST BE BULLSHIT!!! AXL HATES HIS FANS AND NEVER GIVES THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!! UM, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHATEVER YOU JUST SAID YOU'RE DOING!!!!

...anyone have anything to add to that? I rarely post but thought I'd sum it up nicely for some of ya'll who have clearly never read "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie..."

In one hand I agree with you, but in the other hand I don't. While I do feel like Axl has been trying more within the last few years to please the fans, then he has at any point in his career. Which I have to give him credit for. But on the other hand, when a fan base is as divided as this one, their are going to be varied opinions. A reunion is really the only thing Axl can do to really make the fans happy. But then of course the nugnr fans would be pissy. But they (myself included) are the minority. Because at the end of the day, 90% REAL guns n' roses fans want to see the band we all fell in love with. I don't complelty blame Axl for the break up of the band, but he did play a role. And he also seems like the most unwilling to try a reunion. So it is what it is.....

To summerize, yes he has been trying harder than ever to please the fans. Which He deserves some credit for. But it's really hard for some fans to forget about everything that happened from 1995~2008. They have a right to feel the way they do.

A safe source revealed me that the final version of Going Down features Axl on lead vocals.

Fuckin' A thats good news imo. It needed to happen. Nothing against Tommy, but Axl should be singing it, then it will be like the gnr lies days.

The band hasn't written one note together.

Surely you can't believe they're going to play brand new songs? This is looking like Chinese leftovers or just a new setlist (with 3 old songs not been played in recent years).

Even if the new songs are leftovers. People are more interested in Going Down, Soul Monster, The General or Jackie Chan than in Sorry, This I Love or Live And Let Die

I'm never buying a ticket again unless I know Axl's in top form.

The only two things that matter to me are new music and Axl sounding good, so if he comes out to these shows as an out of shape, out of breath Mickey Mouse, and if they play a couple new tunes but make no mention of releasing studio versions any time soon, I'm gonna be pissed and bitching again.

I expect the first 2-3 shows he'll sound like early '12, but I think if they actually play 3 new songs that he plans to release, it'll give him that fire that he had when he was debuting Chinese songs (watch any performance of ITW, Scraped, Shackler's or TWAT from '09-South America '10).

Axl on lead vocals on Going Down sounds cool. Is it all him or shared lead vocals like Back In The Saddle with Baz?

Edited by RickRoses