Chinese Democracy may become the most underrated album in history.

Ace Nova

I think everyone is so hyped up in the history of the record, they forgot what it actually was like when it came out. It was a good but not great rock album. The reviews said as much. The sales said as much. It's a solid 7/10 album. There aren't many credible people who outright say it sucks just as there aren't many outside a guns fan forum that hail it as a masterpiece. It's better than the spaghetti incident, than the worst parts of UYI (you can pick 12 songs from those records as a hypothetical album that would be worse than chinese democracy) but it's not at the heights of AFD or the good moments on UYI. All things considered, history has rated it appropriately.

• Like 1

It is a decent album that tries very hard.

As long as people rate it as a decent album that tries very hard, it is approx. appropriately rated. It also was the most hyped and spoken about fucking album ever released. To call it " underrated" is ridiculous.

TRY-Hard rock epic makes bit awkward thing to listen.

Big self-important rock epics make a bad place to narrowly miss the goal. Like, make a try-hard simple rock song..and it sounds like a simple rock song. Make a try hard big important epic..and it turns out an awkward sitcom about rock opera.

That's about the fairest thing I've read about CD.

CD has flashes of hope sprinkled into a few songs and that's about it. I'll rank the album 3/10 because I think it's a bad album with 4 ok songs(CD, Better, Shacklers, Prostitute).I don't understand this idea that because people pick the middle ground between crap and masterpeice that suddenly they are right and that is the defacto correct answer regarding CD. As though thinking it sucks or is a masterpeice is wrong but if you ton it down and call it "decent" that's being truthfull haha. CD is what you think it is. In my opinion it's pretty crap and so it is. And you know what I base that on? THE MUSIC. Nothing else. Not the time it took to make, not the amount of money it cost, not the fact it's the only album in 20 years. I mean this idea that if Axl had released 4 albums then CD would actually be more well liked is ridicuous. Like I'm going to enjoy music I dislike more because of subsequet other releases. That makes ZERO sense.

I also see people quite often say how it's definitely better than TSI. Honestly If you took TSI and CD and did a poll of however many random people and had them llisten to each album I'd actually put my money on TSI being more well recieved.

Axl wants to do big important epics. That's the type of music he's interested in creating now.

I like how you talk, it's like you know Axl personally. Hahaha

CD contains very few epic songs, you're completely wrong.

Call it what you want, whatever Chinese is stylistically, that is what Axl is interested in creating. That is what appeals to him musically.

For me it's 10/10 best album since 2000.

Most of the reunion albums from bands I liked have been okay. Metallica, U2, Megadeth, Stones, ACDC I like the records but nothing too interesting. Oasis, Manics, Blur churning out mediocrity. Give Guns side project a listen but a year later it's one of two songs.

I like bands like The Strokes, My Chemical Romance, Avenged, possibly Lana Del Ray is favorite artist recently.

So I'm more likely to find something I like from old classic rock or rap. Like that Whitesnake greatest hits has some good tracks or a Big Pun album makes me laugh.

Axl is the only one bringing the fire.

Maybe Sol Invictus can challenge the champ but so far CD is way out in front with nobody even close.

I can think of 30 albums since 2000 that have been better than CD. If you think 'CD is the best album since 2000' then to be honest, I feel sorry for you. And that is not a slight at CD because it has its moments, just that it is nowhere close to best album of that time span.

I can't really listen to Bjork at all. Sugarcubes okay.

I liked a couple of songs on 13. But found it hard to listen to the whole album. And I haven't. I like that song Never Say Die.

2. Maybe Journal for Plague Lovers by the Manics is my no. 2 album.

3. Sam's Town by Killers

4. The Departed Soundtrack

5. Paths of Totality - Korn

6. Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

7. Reality - Bowie

8. Hail to the King - Avenged

9. Together Through Life - Dylan

10. Don't Believe the Truth - Oasis

These are records I had a thing with and still go back to. I can't think of any I've missed. Strokes and Lana Del Ray put out records I listen to.

Edited by wasted

Chinese is it's own sub genre in a way.

And what genre would that be?

Albums made by lead singers who stole the band from the real GNR and is joking around and less bloated than before. It's a niche market.

Quality, not quantity. New Guns fans are like The Velvet Underground. We're gonna influence so many. Brought to you by Best Buy.

Chinese is it's own sub genre in a way.

And what genre would that be?

Albums made by lead singers who stole the band from the real GNR and is joking around and less bloated than before. It's a niche market.

Quality, not quantity. New Guns fans are like The Velvet Underground. We're gonna influence so many. Brought to you by Best Buy.

Watch American Odyssey season 1 and feel the influence. I swear someone is stealing from me. Edited by wasted