Chinese Democracy may become the most underrated album in history.

Ace Nova

Laundry Service was critically acclaimed at the time, commercially successful and is still widely regarded by fans and laymen alike. I do not see as many claims for CD on those three accounts.

Lets be blunt, no one has a good word for Chi Dem except GnR fanatics. And I do mean fanatics, a great portion of even GnR fans think it's a load of bollocks. It truly is a case of what Kurt Cobain once said in the song Aero Zeppelin, 'you could shit upon the stage, they'll be fans'...and thats what it is i think.

It's the same with art or music or films, whenever someones a fanatic of something, say for instance, i dunno, someones a Marlon Brando fanatic. You have the bona fide strokes of genius in Streetcar, Waterfront etc etc, the ones well all know...but i bet you any money you go on a Brando fansite or message board and they'll be people there claiming The Island of Dr Moreau to be a fuckin' earth shattering performance...and it's just not and only is if you are blindly in love with the man.

Now I'm the biggest Brando fan i know but i think it's a terrible disservice both to your own intellect and to the actual work of 'x' artist to just say EVERYTHING they did is brilliant, because it sort of detracts from what they did do that actually was brilliant because you are painting all of it with the same brush. Also, you might reccomend ALL that persons shit and the person you're reccomending it too picks one of the crap ones first and you've just basically lost someone who might've appreciated it and thats always a big thing with me, reccomending people stuff and then them liking it, i don't know why, i guess it's just like a cool thing shared y'know?

'It's a very creative album', what in Gods name is that supposed to mean anyway?!?

Edited by Len B'stard

Laundry Service was critically acclaimed at the time, commercially successful and is still widely regarded by fans and laymen alike. I do not see as many claims for CD on those three accounts.

Again, relative. I didn't see or know anyone who thinks that record is superior to anything till this day. All they were talking at the time was related to her ass. Nice.. by the way.

But i like her more when she was more about the music and less about everything else.

Lets be blunt, no one has a good word for Chi Dem except GnR fanatics. And I do mean fanatics, a great portion of even GnR fans think it's a load of bollocks. It truly is a case of what Kurt Cobain once said in the song Aero Zeppelin, 'you could shit upon the stage, they'll be fans'...and thats what it is i think.

It's the same with art or music or films, whenever someones a fanatic of something, say for instance, i dunno, someones a Marlon Brando fanatic. You have the bona fide strokes of genius in Streetcar, Waterfront etc etc, the ones well all know...but i bet you any money you go on a Brando fansite or message board and they'll be people there claiming The Island of Dr Moreau to be a fuckin' earth shattering performance...and it's just not and only is if you are blindly in love with the man.

Now I'm the biggest Brando fan i know but i think it's a terrible disservice both to your own intellect and to the actual work of 'x' artist to just say EVERYTHING they did is brilliant, because it sort of detracts from what they did do that actually was brilliant because you are painting all of it with the same brush. Also, you might reccomend ALL that persons shit and the person you're reccomending it too picks one of the crap ones first and you've just basically lost someone who might've appreciated it and thats always a big thing with me, reccomending people stuff and then them liking it, i don't know why, i guess it's just like a cool thing shared y'know?

'It's a very creative album', what in Gods name is that supposed to mean anyway?!?

I like the butter Marlon Brando. Epic scene.

• Like 1

I am not comparing Shakira, in, on, herself, i.e. I am not getting involved with that hispanic-Shakira v yankee-shakira debate. I am merely saying that, Laundry Service is an infinitely superior album than CD. I do not think I speak in isolation here. It has the sales, the reviews, the credentials, the singles and the respect - still today. What's more: it is simply better. Tell me honestly if you would prefer to listen to 80 minutes of dreary Steph whiney ballads, Korn rips and Pitman flatulence, or an album with quality cross-over pop numbers?

Again, relative. I didn't see or know anyone who thinks that record is superior to anything till this day. All they were talking at the time was related to her ass. Nice.. by the way.

But i like her more when she was more about the music and less about everything else.

I like the butter Marlon Brando. Epic scene.

You mucky bastard :lol:

• Like 1

I am not comparing Shakira, in, on, herself, i.e. I am not getting involved with that hispanic-Shakira v yankee-shakira debate. I am merely saying that, Laundry Service is an infinitely superior album than CD. I do not think I speak in isolation here. It has the sales, the reviews, the credentials, the singles and the respect - still today. What's more: it is simply better. Tell me honestly if you would prefer to listen to 80 minutes of dreary Steph whiney ballads, Korn rips and Pitman flatulence, or an album with quality cross-over pop numbers?

Well.. don't know the numbers but it's the same with beiber. Maybe sold more records than Laundry, maybe critics praised the thing.

It's like millions of flies wanting to eat shit. They like it, but it's shit you know?.

Personally i really liked CD. So probably i will listen to that over a lot of stuff, but i respect every opinion.

Fair enough but the argument is, ''the best album since 2000''. Could you honestly argue this for CD? Pick your poison here: Black Ice? Death Magnetic? Viva la Vida? Invincible? Heathen Chemistry? Modern Times? The Rising? Contraband? My own choice would, probably, be Vespertine.

Fair enough but the argument is, ''the best album since 2000''. Could you honestly argue this for CD? Pick your poison here: Black Ice? Death Magnetic? Viva la Vida? Invincible? Heathen Chemistry? Modern Times? The Rising? Contraband? My own choice would, probably, be Vespertine.

It's not the best album since 2000. So many great albums by so many bands. CD is far from the best of the decade.

Mine probably is Elephant.

Didn't Maiden have a few decent ones during this era? (Powerage is the man to ask).

I know there is this thing called subjectivity but you can cast the net quite wide and cd still comes up short. I think it might sneak into a top 40 or 50 but there are infinitely better albums out there.

Electric Six- Fire.

• Like 1

Electric Six- Fire.

fuck yes!, one of the best. If there's an underrated band out there is E6.

Fire is real Fire, synthesizer, dance commander, im the bomb .. fuck i will put that out right now.

• Like 1

Electric Six- Fire.

fuck yes!, one of the best. If there's an underrated band out there is E6.

Fire is real Fire, synthesizer, dance commander, im the bomb .. fuck i will put that out right now.

Good man :shades:

I LOVE the first three albums.

I think Fallen by Evanescence was the best rock record betweeen 2000 and 2010.

I thought you were a guy?

I am. I think that album was the best because it broke truly new ground musically, and has genuinely good songs. That album is everything Prostitute tries and fails to be. My music taste runs the gamut from Franz Liszt to Guns to the Grateful Dead to Zeppelin to Duke Ellington to stuff like Evanescence. For me if music is good there shouldn't be a gender barrier

Somebody could say Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory is the best album of the millennium, but personal music taste doesn't justify declaring an album as the best out of anything else available.

If somebody likes something that you don't like, they're not wrong for liking it, they have a different opinion whether it's a popular one or not. :P

Zodiac is one of Electric Six's finest albums also, though I've listened to Fire (and the rest) countless times

• Like 1

Shakira > Axl Rose/GN'R

shakira1bs.gif

That ass speaks for itself...

I actually really liked Laundry Service when it came out. But as I sit here today, I gotta ask myself "how much was based upon the music and how much was based upon that ass shaking?" Because if we are to be honest Here, Bucketheads guitar work on CD is far superior musically to anything on Laundry Service, and I say that as someone that owns and used to listen to both album a lot.

Now I Grant you, Laundry Service does have some good songs on it, and as a song Underneath Your Clothes is a better song than anything on CD, but that's the only one I will give you. As a whole CD is superior musically, lyrically, and yes vocally. Axl on CD delivers far more impressive vocals than Shakira does. Wasn't TWAT just proven to be his highest ranged song?

If Laundry Service was an album recorded by some dude, or by a girl who's ass isn't spectacular, than it would have been considered a good album, But not great. Her "assets" are why it really is even in this discussion IMO.