How would you feel about a Live Era Chinese Democracy?

IncitingChaos

This would be my playlist if that were the case:

Chinese Democracy - Download 2006

Shackler's Revenge - Chile 2010

Better - Rock AM Ring 2006

The Blues - Reading 2010

If the World - Osaka 2009

There Was a Time - Taipei 2009

Catcher in the Rye - L'Arc 2010

Ballad of Death - Forum 2011

Mi Amor - Montreal 2013

Sorry - Reading 2010

IRS - Edmonton 2010

Madagascar - Rock In Rio 2001

This I Love - Taipei 2009

Prostitute - Tokyo 2009

I replaced Riad and Scraped with the Ashba solos cause Riad and Scraped suck live

Edited by rocknroll41

Love CD but it would be pointless to release it as a live album, it would be interesting to hear a live album with the CD songs but I want the old songs too along with some other new material otherwise it's just a money grab. I'm sure lots of people here would buy it but the rest wouldn't have much interest as CD songs are not what makes GnR money.

Final problem is that Axl was not strong on the main CD tour, even in 2010 when he was gravely he was still out of breath. I would like a recording of Axl at 2006 quality with the 2010 band.

Imagine a live era Chinese Demcracy with 3 bonus tracks. The tracks being Oh My God, Silkworms, and A cover like Sailing from 06.

It would be great we all know there have been some great performances of the Chinese songs in the past 7 years. Many times the song live is better than it is on the cd (This I Love, Scraped).

The best part is it could get a few more people talking about Guns N Roses, it could potentially get the ball rolling towards a new album. Axl could do an interview or two and talk about the process of getting the actual cd together over the past 14 years. It could release in summer or fall of 2014 bc we are pretty sure the new album won't be released next year. So something to tide us over till then. I just think it has great advertising potential for what the bands been up to the past 7 years, and hopefully what's to come.

It would be an excellent way to close out the Chinese era and begin focusing on what's next. I think a lot of people would appreciate the live performances. They could possibly release a couple music videos of pro shots of This I Love and Better.

We all know the Chinese Democracy era has been around a long time. I think it's time to close that chapter with a fitting end. Things may not have been perfect or gone the way the band had hoped but this would be an excellent finish.

Live Era Chinese Democracy as a proper studio release would be great to hear. The bonus tracks would offer a different taste.

Do you think this is a good idea or are you afraid too much focus on another project will only delay a new album longer?

Nice try, Axl. :awesomeface:

Seriously, though. I hardly believe Universal would accept it. They might try to put out another Greatest Hits with songs from the classic lineup instead at some point. I don't think Axl would be up to any kind of release involving songs from AFD/UYI whatsoever at this point - live or not.

We're talking about the same people who failed to capitalize from the Going Down leak. Going Down properly mixed combined with a "happy song" as B side released via iTunes would be enough to generate a lot of buzz about the upcoming tour and additional revenue. Don't tell me they don't care about money. If they didn't care they would tour at a cost.

When I say people. I'm talking about mgmt, Axl and the recording company. They've been all failing to run a more successful business here while milking the old. GNR these days is like Microsoft. They both sure still make tons of money; enough to continue existing in a bubble while pretty much ignoring reality and most importantly their hardcore fanbase / influencers.

I think Axl is led to believe his fanbase is composed by a very small set of stereotyped groups while in fact it's as diverse as it can be for a band that has neglected everything related to the public including releasing its own music.

I'd like it.

Normally I'm a stickler for a love release being 1 concert, not chopped up bits. That's why I never really got into Live Era because it was like picking cherries instead of hearing the band as they were.

But with "NuGNR" I'd actually like to hear the best version of every song they've done since NuGNR came to be. They've never really been a "band" in my mind, so just want to hear the best it can be, as I believe there have been some amazing performances, even if scattered over the years.

What I'd like even more is a NuGNR Live Era on DVD released.

I'd prefer a good 2006 or 2010 concert as a whole but it's better than a 2002 or 2011-2013 concert as a whole.

They should take:

CD: 2011-2013

Shackler's: 2010

Better: 2006

SOD: 2001/2

ITW: 2010

TWAT: 2006 Hammerstein

CITR: 2013

Scraped: 2010

Riad: 2001/2

Sorry: 2011-2013

IRS: 2006

Maddy: 2002

TIL: 2010

Prostitute: 2010 for a lack of a better option.

Love CD but it would be pointless to release it as a live album, it would be interesting to hear a live album with the CD songs but I want the old songs too along with some other new material otherwise it's just a money grab. I'm sure lots of people here would buy it but the rest wouldn't have much interest as CD songs are not what makes GnR money.

Final problem is that Axl was not strong on the main CD tour, even in 2010 when he was gravely he was still out of breath. I would like a recording of Axl at 2006 quality with the 2010 band.

If he released Live Era CD songs but doesn't include the AFD and UYI songs its just a money grab? LOL

Maybe if the vocals are worked over, because we've heard all the bootlegs! I want to hear a mythical representation of what the shows could sound like, LOL.

(That's a thing about Live Era - it was much harder to get *every single show* back in 1999, now we have torrents of every bootleg ever and many of us have downloaded a fair portion of the shows. But Live Era was as close as many of us got, besides Paris 1992 which was easily traded/bought and Tokyo 1992.)

I can't imagine a live album being easier to release than a EP or a new album from a label's cooperation and support point of view though.