The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Being a bad Buffy purist and watching the much derided HD transfer. If you can ignore incorrect aspect ratios and the odd newly visible crew member, IT'S SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! The video quality of the first two seasons was so oppressively bad, it's seeming like a reasonable trade off thus far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Affair and Fargo are my shows at the moment. Feel a liitle ashamed about The Affair but I can't stop watching it.

Fargo reached dizzying heights. Before that only Breaking Bad and Mad Men imo in recent times. GOT doesn't count, though amusing.

The movie was really good, I didn't expect the show to match that quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching the new SciFy channel series "The Expanse". I usually stay away from original SciFy channel stuff as they are usually cheesy with bad acting and special effects but I really liked the first two episodes. The series is based on the James S.A. Corey novels and there is a real story line and character development.

There are 5 novels and 3 novellas so far in the book series and I have read this being compared to "Game of Thrones", except in future and based in space, as far as story complexity. I ordered the first novel which is the basis of the first season of 10 episodes.

You can read a short summary here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(novel_series)

If you are into SciFi that is not all special effects you might like this series............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

^ha that's great I just came here to make a post about this show. Just watched the first few episodes and I found myself absolutely astonished that somehow scifi channel has made a show that is not a total suckfest.

I've really been waiting for some good space based scifi to come a long and so far i'm loving it. Seems like syfy is throwing some money at this one, reminds me a bit of babylon 5 and that is a very good thing!

• Like 2

Good ol' Pawn Stars on History Channel, Hunting Hitler too, American Pickers, Counting Cars & Storage Wars & Shipping Wars (y'know, the staples).

QI reruns as well as American Pickers, Top Gear & Mock or the Week reruns + Red Dwarf & Blackadder too from time to time on Dave.

Fox. in the UK has Adult Swim with.. Rick & Morty @3am nowdays. Family Guy, American Dad! too...

Friends and Big Bang Theory.

Right now, thanks to the internet, I am rewatching Smart Guy in order of episodes I feel like, (pretty much starting with all my favourites) and still some Rick & Morty too.

Edited by Snake-Pit