The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

So I just did a search of this forum and how is it even remotely possibly that black orphan hasn't got it's own thread? It's a fucking brilliant show. Just watched 2 seasons in 5 days! don't think I've ever done that with any show. Tatiana Maslany is such an amazing talented actress she really carries the show.

Oh and yeah to the person above, go for the X-files and stick with it.

Orphan Black is the best new show of the past few years. Maslany should have at least been nominated for Best Actress...in reality, she should also win, easily but the show is bubbling under the radar at the moment

Started watching yesterday. I've seen up until episode 5 of the second season tonight.

Great show huh?, I can't believe how I missed out on this show for two years just so highly addictive.

I'm not digging the 3rd season nearly as much as the first 2. I'm undecided wether to watch more or just give it up. + their facebook posted a big spoiler for the last episode less than 24 hours after it's airing, no warning either. It went like "we wanted (insert name of charachter) death to tell us something. etc. etc. etc. and a picture of the charachter. WHY do you do that?!

Interesting you'd say that because I'm feeling the same way, loved the first two seasons but then the third came and it's feeling somewhat lacklustre and I'm not sure I still want to watch the show. they somehow got a bit too lazy or smth

ps. you'll have a great summer watching the shield.

Yeah, I'm not digging this season at all. Almost to the point that I'm going to stop watching

I gave up 3 episodes or so ago. You still watching?

So I just did a search of this forum and how is it even remotely possibly that black orphan hasn't got it's own thread? It's a fucking brilliant show. Just watched 2 seasons in 5 days! don't think I've ever done that with any show. Tatiana Maslany is such an amazing talented actress she really carries the show.

Orphan Black is the best new show of the past few years. Maslany should have at least been nominated for Best Actress...in reality, she should also win, easily but the show is bubbling under the radar at the moment

Started watching yesterday. I've seen up until episode 5 of the second season tonight.

Great show huh?, I can't believe how I missed out on this show for two years just so highly addictive.

I'm not digging the 3rd season nearly as much as the first 2. I'm undecided wether to watch more or just give it up. + their facebook posted a big spoiler for the last episode less than 24 hours after it's airing, no warning either. It went like "we wanted (insert name of charachter) death to tell us something. etc. etc. etc. and a picture of the charachter. WHY do you do that?!

Interesting you'd say that because I'm feeling the same way, loved the first two seasons but then the third came and it's feeling somewhat lacklustre and I'm not sure I still want to watch the show. they somehow got a bit too lazy or smth

Yeah, I'm not digging this season at all. Almost to the point that I'm going to stop watching

no. I gave up after 5 eps

no. I gave up after 5 eps

And to top off this quoting pyramid I stopped watching as well, gave it a fair shot and watched 5 episodes of S3 but it just did not work for me anymore like the previous two seasons, sadly..

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching The Shield tonight. On Imdb the fourth season's episodes are all rated around 5ish. Is the 4th season that crappy? All other seasons has episode ratings around 8-9.

I'll be finishing the 4th season tonight and no CheapJon, the 4th season is not that crappy, it's on par with the previous. Makes me wonder why it has such low rating compared to the other seasons.

Started watching The Shield tonight. On Imdb the fourth season's episodes are all rated around 5ish. Is the 4th season that crappy? All other seasons has episode ratings around 8-9.

I'll be finishing the 4th season tonight and no CheapJon, the 4th season is not that crappy, it's on par with the previous. Makes me wonder why it has such low rating compared to the other seasons.

The Shield is an excellent show. Definitely one of my favorites. I've always said it was like a giant movie instead of a TV series, because it seems like nothing is ever really forgotten. I have no idea why any season of it would be ranked so low. Seriously man, each season is better than the last. You're in for a real treat with season seven.

• Like 1

^^^

Agreed, The Shield gets better and better as it goes along. It has one of the most potent finales ever. It never seemed to quite get it's due, it's rarely mentioned as being in the Wire/Deadwood/Breaking Bad pantheon, but it should be (Sopranos not listed there because I consider it legitimately peerless).

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

^^^

Agreed, The Shield gets better and better as it goes along. It has one of the most potent finales ever. It never seemed to quite get it's due, it's rarely mentioned as being in the Wire/Deadwood/Breaking Bad pantheon, but it should be (Sopranos not listed there because I consider it legitimately peerless).

I agree. Finished the finale about an hour ago. Loved it. Up there with the legendary ones.

I read up on IMDb on it's season 4 ratings, it seems some cupcake with his cupcake friends downvoted it due to racism.

Now what?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since then I've seen Sherlock and Arrested Development. I'd seen AD before but never the 4th season. Really liked it, some slow episodes but overall very good! Sherlock was great as well.

Rick and Morty's second season starts tonight, will catch it tomorrow! I've also sort of decided to give up on True Detective and Hell on Wheels. Waiting to watch Mr. Robot until the complete first season has aired.

That's that I think. Any suggestions? I'm considering getting HBO Nordic again and catch up on some series I never watched when I subscribed to it. But I think for now, Netflix will probably be enough.

Edited by CheapJon

^^^

I agree. Finished the finale about an hour ago. Loved it. Up there with the legendary ones.

I read up on IMDb on it's season 4 ratings, it seems some cupcake with his cupcake friends downvoted it due to racism.

Now what?

The Americans is arguably the best drama currently in production.

The Comeback for comedy.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

So I should give Parks and Rec season two a go? I watched the first and was bored shitless to be honest.

yeah, it's a quality show, great cast

the first season kinda sucks....get past that and you're good

Agreed. Once you get familiar with the cast, it gets better and better.

I had refused to watch comedy TV shows from US based on how awful Two And A Half Men is, but Parks and Rec is amazing. I'm laughing my ass off.

• Like 1