The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

So I should give Parks and Rec season two a go? I watched the first and was bored shitless to be honest.

yeah, it's a quality show, great cast

the first season kinda sucks....get past that and you're good

Agreed. Once you get familiar with the cast, it gets better and better.

I had refused to watch comedy TV shows from US based on how awful Two And A Half Men is, but Parks and Rec is amazing. I'm laughing my ass off.

Typically the shows without laugh tracks or not "recorded in front of an audience" are the best ones.

I'm about to finish Parks and Rec, what other comedy shows would you guys recommend? Brooklyn Nine-Nine? The Office?

I've never watched Brooklyn, but if you like Parks and Rec, then watch The Office. Same style shooting and The Office did it first (inb4UKOfficewhichsucks).

I like the UK Office, prefer the US though.

The Office (US) is the best live action sitcom in recent history IMO.

I'm about to finish Parks and Rec, what other comedy shows would you guys recommend? Brooklyn Nine-Nine? The Office?

I've never watched Brooklyn, but if you like Parks and Rec, then watch The Office. Same style shooting and The Office did it first (inb4UKOfficewhichsucks).

it takes about a season and a half for carell to find his character and when he does, the whole cast, writing and show as a whole really gets elevated

it takes about a season and a half for carell to find his character and when he does, the whole cast, writing and show as a whole really gets elevated

Agree with that, and subsequently the last season and a half or so was a complete mess.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've told myself I should stay away from shows with a storyline that are still ongoing, but I fell into that trap again recently and watched Silicon Valley. Two seasons are out. Every episode ends on a cliffhanger. It is brilliant by the way. Made by Mike Judge (Beavis & Butthead, Idiocracy, Office Space).

Now I just started Justified (finished; no waiting!) and even though I'm not normally into cop shows I'm enjoying this one so far.

Started watching It's Always sunny in Philadelphia couple of days ago. I was thinking about Narcos, The Fall, The Knick, Deadwood or Mr Robot, but no, Sunny in Philly it is.

I've liked the second season of Gotham so far. Waiting a bit before I'm watching Homeland's new season. Is it any good?

Started watching It's Always sunny in Philadelphia couple of days ago. I was thinking about Narcos, The Fall, The Knick, Deadwood or Mr Robot, but no, Sunny in Philly it is.

I've liked the second season of Gotham so far. Waiting a bit before I'm watching Homeland's new season. Is it any good?

You haven't seen Deadwood yet?? Oh lord, you're in for glorious treat when you get around to it.

First ep of Homeland was fine, a slow build to establish where everyone is. Second ep all action. It does seem to have successfully rebooted itself yet again. If I could hold off I would though. The endings are all cliffhangers, it's presumably a very satisfying show to binge.

Edited by Angelica

You haven't seen Deadwood yet?? Oh lord, you're in for glorious treat when you get around to it.

First ep of Homeland was fine, a slow build to establish where everyone is. Second ep all action. It does seem to have successfully rebooted itself yet again. If I could hold off I would though. The endings are all cliffhangers, it's presumably a very satisfying show to binge.

I have not, or I tried but gave up after a couple of episodes. Did the same thing with the Wire. gave up after a couple of episodes then rewatched it and loved it some years later, I've been planning to do the same with Deadwood for a long time.

Sounds promising with Homeland, I'll wait a while longer, probably the entire season. We'll see.