The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I've been watching "The Newsroom" and it is such a great show. I heard that the show is already over, but I'm only in the second season, so it's ok. Anyone here watches this show?

First season was great. One of the all time great seasons of television. Season 2 dropped off significantly and the third season moreso

I didn't know there was a second film :o

Alright, so now I'm down to deciding between The X-Files, Angel, Fringe, Alias, Friday Night Lights or Californication. I've never seen any episodes of any of these shows.

X-Files is straight up classic, warts and all. I love Angel, but the fifth season is the only one I'd recommend unabashedly to a non Buffy fan. Alias was kind of awesome in a disposable, trashy sort of way and is highly underrated. I lost track of Californication when it started to veer into shitsville, its fun for a while though.

Thanks for steering and veering me the right way....

X-Files it is then!

I love Buffy, one of my favorite shows ever. Don't know why I never watched Angel. It really makes no sense :blink:

If you love Buffy, definitely try Angel! Overall (Or at least until the last season) it's less consistent, and the first season is especially patchy, but it's still wonderful.

Ok, so I decided to go with.....The Twilight Zone!

i've had the dvd's for years and have never watched them.

Next I'm going with Angel and then The X-Files....that should tide me over for the rest of the year

• Like 1

So I just did a search of this forum and how is it even remotely possibly that black orphan hasn't got it's own thread? It's a fucking brilliant show. Just watched 2 seasons in 5 days! don't think I've ever done that with any show. Tatiana Maslany is such an amazing talented actress she really carries the show.

Oh and yeah to the person above, go for the X-files and stick with it.

So I just did a search of this forum and how is it even remotely possibly that black orphan hasn't got it's own thread? It's a fucking brilliant show. Just watched 2 seasons in 5 days! don't think I've ever done that with any show. Tatiana Maslany is such an amazing talented actress she really carries the show.

Orphan Black is the best new show of the past few years. Maslany should have at least been nominated for Best Actress...in reality, she should also win, easily but the show is bubbling under the radar at the moment

Orphan Black is the best new show of the past few years. Maslany should have at least been nominated for Best Actress...in reality, she should also win, easily but the show is bubbling under the radar at the moment

Started watching yesterday. I've seen up until episode 5 of the second season tonight.

• Like 1

Started watching yesterday. I've seen up until episode 5 of the second season tonight.

Great show huh?, I can't believe how I missed out on this show for two years just so highly addictive.

Just when I started using Netflix again and planned on watching X-Files. Ugh.

Well, unless they release it on Blu-ray I guess I'll be downloading it. Bitches.

In the meantime, watch Orphan Black if it's on the US Netflix.

This^, want a sci-fi show that's moving forward at a blistering pace then don't miss out on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, The X-Files and Angel are both being removed from Netflix at the end of March, so there goes that :(

I guess I'll have to go with Alias

X-Files actually isn't being removed, thankfully. Not sure about Angel.

Nice.

I'm still making my way thru The Twilight Zone but I've also watched Wentworth, Broadchurch & Freaks And Geeks.

Next up is Undeclared.

I've got all of Twilight Zone on Blu-ray and I pick at it every now and then, but haven't marathoned anything. Currently flying through X-Files though.

I've had The Twilight Zone for years but never bothered with it since I had seen so many episodes already. I decided to give it a shot since I have some time on my hands but I've found that I get bored with it after 2 or 3 episodes despite them being high quality.

Well, The X-Files and Angel are both being removed from Netflix at the end of March, so there goes that :(

I can't see a notification on Angel, either. Let me know when you start them, I'll give you the 'okay too skip' list for the first seasons of both of them.

I watched almost all of Angel before on TV. I'm already watching the X-Files. Used to watch it on TV a lot too, but I think it was the later seasons. The completist in me won't let me skip any though.

I'm the same, but I've almost lost people who ended up loving both shows (especially X-Files) on the weakest early eps. Which in fairness, are pretty fucking terrible.

I can't see a notification on Angel, either. Let me know when you start them, I'll give you the 'okay too skip' list for the first seasons of both of them.

So Angel's not being removed either? What in the hell did I read then :max: