The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Re-watching Homicide: Life on the Street. It was David Simon's first foray in television, and one of the top ten best shows of the 90s.

I still haven't gotten around to watching that like six years after you recommended it to me. Maybe it's time I did?

Started watching Band of Brothers last night, 6 episodes in one sitting. Watching the final 4 tonight I think. So good, Great to finally watch it.

anyone here watch Person of Interest? great show, been going now for the past 4 years or so. Highly recommend it!

Gave it 4-5 episodes when it premiered. Didn't like it.

Guest Gunns

Started watching Band of Brothers last night, 6 episodes in one sitting. Watching the final 4 tonight I think. So good, Great to finally watch it.

anyone here watch Person of Interest? great show, been going now for the past 4 years or so. Highly recommend it!

Give it a whole season, it's your typical 'modern day robin hood' type deal, but it gets more involved and deeper than that. I always enjoy watching it, even repeat episodes.

Re-watching Homicide: Life on the Street. It was David Simon's first foray in television, and one of the top ten best shows of the 90s.

I still haven't gotten around to watching that like six years after you recommended it to me. Maybe it's time I did?

Indeed! The first two seasons (which total about 12 eps combined) are patchy, it started to come into it's own at the beginning of season 3.

Give it a whole season, it's your typical 'modern day robin hood' type deal, but it gets more involved and deeper than that. I always enjoy watching it, even repeat episodes.

I might. Thing is, there's so many potentially better shows that it'll take a long time before I even give PoI another thought.

Just watched the first episode of Gomorrah. It's obviously about the italian mafia. Very good!

Seriously, Watch this! Just finished the first season. Dark and gritty. Close to perfection. You'll probably need subtitles unless you're from Naples, so worth it!

Well, I've seen three episodes. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for the tip. Not your classical maffia approach imo (not that I've seen a lot of maffia series), quite a few unexpected turns already. Can't wait to watch the rest of it!

Only downside: being confronted once again with my knowledge of Napolitan Italian. The warden was the only character I understood :lol:

• Like 1

Started and caught up with The Newsroom the last couple of days. Pretty good and it has it's funny moments. Third and last season is premiering this fall.

big drop off in quality during the second season

Operation Genoa was dragged out way too long.

Rewatching Boardwalk Empire. Doing one episode a day. In the middle of Season 2. I forgot how good this season was. Mostly for Nucky retaking control of Atlantic City, how deep a hole Jimmy dug himself and basically the story of Richard Harrow. Easily one of the best characters in television.

Just watched the first episode of Gomorrah. It's obviously about the italian mafia. Very good!

Seriously, Watch this! Just finished the first season. Dark and gritty. Close to perfection. You'll probably need subtitles unless you're from Naples, so worth it!

+1 Watched the first season and it is great. Must see.

+1 Watched the first season and it is great. Must see.

I gotta check that out. Fuck, this "golden age of TV" is getting in the way of my school work.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Freaks & Geeks this week. Watched around half of it a couple of years ago but then took a permanent pause. It's good but a bit overrated. 9.0 on imdb, I gave it 8. Started to get annoyed at certain charachters and wanted more from my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed Freaks & Geeks this week. Watched around half of it a couple of years ago but then took a permanent pause. It's good but a bit overrated. 9.0 on imdb, I gave it 8. Started to get annoyed at certain charachters and wanted more from my favorites.

Exactly.

These two kids:

l4NYfC9.png

were unbearable. I skipped through most of the 'geeks' parts but the other parts were pretty good.

Exactly.

These two kids:

l4NYfC9.png

were unbearable. I skipped through most of the 'geeks' parts but the other parts were pretty good.

Tall geek was a great charachter, little brother geek sucked.