The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I didn't know The Bridge was Scandinavian

The language/location didn't give it away?

I haven't seen it but maybe I should give it a chance.

You should. It's one of my favorite series so far.

I'm probably picking up Tusenbröder as well. Sofia Helin is in it too, I saw. Interested in seeing more of her, didn't know her before The Bridge.

Another favorite of mine is a French series: Engrenages/The Spiral.

Cool! have you found it with subtitles? I wouldn't recommend the movie, it's not nearly as good as the series but I guess it ties the ending together.

Anyone watching Vikings? they just announced a third season. I hope the second season becomes better, haven't enjoyed it as much as the first.

Yeah, only the first season though. It only came out with subtitles last year, I think. Breaking Bad was the same. The subtitled version took ages and then they only released the first two seasons. The other seasons were released after it became a real hype. Had to wait years for them.

Don't know Vikings.

I just thought of 'my' first Scandinavian series: Riget/The Kingdom. Now that was something else...

Finished The Office this morning. Like I said earlier in the thread, I really don't get the hate for the last few seasons, I loved the show all the way up to the end. The finale was perfect, couldn't have thought up any better way to end it. And even though I'd found out a lot of what happened in the finale, it still managed to take me by surprise.

Honestly, it's the only show I can think of that's in that 200+ episode range that has left me wanting more.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an episode of Family Guy! I've never seen before, it was a Christmas special (I saw it aired this week) where Christmas was killing Santa and Brian & Stewie delivered toys to this house but it went horribly wrong... Saw an episode of Pawn Stars I've never seen before too; Chumlee bought something he thought was a silver Dalí sculpture for $600.

Also, saw an episode of Counting Cars too, this week, that I hadn't seen before; Someone dropped The Count a refrigerator to restore and customise to match their tricked out car, and Rick Dale of American Restoration was in this episode too.

Edited by Snake-Pit

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an episode of The Twilight Zone I had never seen before, it was from the original black & white series... It sort of freaked me out...

I was feeling a little like this episode, and I had this premise for this episode in my mind for at least a couple of days, and the last episode of The Twilight Zone I watched was it!

Freaky. Basically, it turned out they were in a toy village and there were giant beings watching them.

After that I saw 3 episodes of Duck Dynasty from the current/new series (Season 5), one of which I already saw the other week when it premiered on TV.

Edited by Snake-Pit

First season of Rick and Morty was one of the strongest I've ever seen. It has quickly become one of my favorite shows ever.

It's brilliant isn't it. On IMDB it says that there's an 11th episode but no air date.

There are ten episodes and a pilot.

It's a good show. It needs some work though I think. The parents need to develop more. I thought the same for Summer as well but she seems to have a personality and more involved in the latest episodes. Also I miss Rick's obnoxious alcoholism. He's still rampantly intoxicated, but I miss the stumbling drunk Rick.

Very impressed with the first season but I have my doubts they will be able to continue at this level for a few more seasons.

First season of Rick and Morty was one of the strongest I've ever seen. It has quickly become one of my favorite shows ever.

It's brilliant isn't it. On IMDB it says that there's an 11th episode but no air date.

There are ten episodes and a pilot.

It's a good show. It needs some work though I think. The parents need to develop more. I thought the same for Summer as well but she seems to have a personality and more involved in the latest episodes. Also I miss Rick's obnoxious alcoholism. He's still rampantly intoxicated, but I miss the stumbling drunk Rick.

Very impressed with the first season but I have my doubts they will be able to continue at this level for a few more seasons.

Oh, didn't think this episode had aired but just downloaded it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3333854/?ref_=tt_ep_ep11 Odd that IMDB haven't been updated.

I haven't thought about the other charachters needing more development. Maybe you're right. I too miss Rick's drunkeness.

I finished s02 of Banshee last weekend. I'll see s03 as well when it comes but I think it could get tiresome fast and lose it's "quality". It's getting into the "same ole same" territory.

Started watching 3rd rock from the sun a couple of days ago. There's full episodes on youtube. It's pretty funny even though I'm not much for sitcoms with laugh tracks. It's really not the tradiotional family/group of friends, I think it has some originality and takes a look on some odd behavious of us humans when you really think about i, at least it takes a humouros spin on a lot of things. Lithgow's so good!.

The Americans has been great this season...so far.

Orphan Black started its second season last week and it continues to be the most intriguing show on TV. Tatiana Maslany is a marvel.

Excited to see both Louie and Maron return this week

• Like 1

The Americans has been great this season...so far.

Orphan Black started its second season last week and it continues to be the most intriguing show on TV. Tatiana Maslany is a marvel.

I don't know about The Americans. Last season had more action and I think when the two main characters are not getting along the show works better.

As for Tatiana, she deserved an Emmy last year......at least a nomination.