The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Just started watching some cancelled NBC show called Life. Noticed it was on Netflix and had Damian Lewis in it so I thought I'd give it a go. Pleasantly surprised, started the show yesterday and I'm 7 episodes in. It's one of those detective/cop shows, but it manages to set itself apart from the others with Lewis's quirky performing, and some genuinely good mysteries. Shame it was cancelled, the reviews on Netflix are almost all 4-5 stars too.

Really miss that show.

• Like 1

Just started watching some cancelled NBC show called Life. Noticed it was on Netflix and had Damian Lewis in it so I thought I'd give it a go. Pleasantly surprised, started the show yesterday and I'm 7 episodes in. It's one of those detective/cop shows, but it manages to set itself apart from the others with Lewis's quirky performing, and some genuinely good mysteries. Shame it was cancelled, the reviews on Netflix are almost all 4-5 stars too.

Really miss that show.

Finishing season 1 tonight. It's funny, as I've been watching the past few days I've been thinking, "I bet Georgy would like this."

Edited by OmarBradley

Really miss that show.

Finishing season 1 tonight. It's funny, as I've been watching the past few days I've been thinking, "I bet Georgy would like this."

It's a great show. The cases were hit or miss but Lewis kept me interesting. And it gets better in season two.

Really miss that show.

It's a great show. The cases were hit or miss but Lewis kept me interesting. And it gets better in season two.

Yeah definitely agree about the cases. Some of the acting is not so great (Jack Reese, Davis (the Lt. who was demoted), and a few of the minor roles per episode. But with this type of you show you gotta expect it can't be perfect. Lewis and Shahi hold it together (especially Lewis....he's just great in everything he does), and Alan Arkin's son is terrific. Was interesting to see Christina Hendricks, I'm guessing I'll see some more of her before the end. About 4 episodes into season 2, will probably have it done by the end of the week.

Was a bit afraid that from S1 to S2 they wouldn't be able to maintain the quality, but as you've said, it's looking even better.

Edited by OmarBradley

Done with season 8 of The Office. Still enjoying it. Some of the plot lines are stupid, but there's still some great episodes IMO.

Loving the current season of HIMYM. It might've had a couple duds, but all in all it has far exceeded my expectations.

Done with season 8 of The Office. Still enjoying it. Some of the plot lines are stupid, but there's still some great episodes IMO.

Loving the current season of HIMYM. It might've had a couple duds, but all in all it has far exceeded my expectations.

Agreed, S8 Office was good enough (even a few great moments) - Spader was terrific. S9, I thought, was just really terrible.

Edited by OmarBradley

I decided a while back that I'm not starting watching ongoing tv shows anymore. But I hear that each season of True Detective is a self contained story with no continuity between seasons, and since season 1 is over I'm thinking watching that. Can anyone confirm whether that is the case?

I decided a while back that I'm not starting watching ongoing tv shows anymore. But I hear that each season of True Detective is a self contained story with no continuity between seasons, and since season 1 is over I'm thinking watching that. Can anyone confirm whether that is the case?

Yes, Woody and McC won't be involved in next year's season. It's suppose to take place in a different time and location. There's hope that they somehow tie future seasons into an overall narrative, but I think the chances of that are fairly low.

Its too bad NBC cancelled it, but the network was run by idiots at the time. They've fucked over so many shows. Surface, Heroes, Life and Kings. Kings had so much potential.

Finished. Absolutely gutted that there is no more of this show to watch. I cannot remember the last time I binge watched a show this fast. Really great ending on season two as well. Don't really know what to do with my life now that Life is over. Maybe in some time, I can regain my motivation, and watch True Detective.

Was also thinking, if they had done less of their standard detective drama approach (the having a case dominate the episode with main story peppered in) and more of what the S2 finale was like (pretty much main story straight through), I could surmise the show would have had more success.

Edited by OmarBradley

Anybody watch Rick and Morty? I think it's the best new show out there right now, every single episode is hilarious. They justed posted the entire next episode on Instagram...broken up into 15 second clips.

Yes it's hilarious! Didn't know there were new episodes :D

Anybody watch Rick and Morty? I think it's the best new show out there right now, every single episode is hilarious. They justed posted the entire next episode on Instagram...broken up into 15 second clips.

Yes it's hilarious! Didn't know there were new episodes :D

There was a month break inbetween episodes (thanks Obama...and the Winter Olympics).

If you haven't watched the Instagram episode, it'll be on Adult Swim tomorrow at 10:30/9:30 Central. I reccommend watching it :lol:

I'm watching the second season of The Bridge (Bron/Broen). I really love those Scandinavian series, The Killing, The Bridge, but also Borgen. When I'n done with this season, I will start season 2 of Borgen.

If you love scandinavian series you should watch "Tusenbröder". Though I don't know if there's english subtitles. It's got 8.3 on imdb, make sure you see the TV series and not the movie since the movie is a sequel.

Upp till kamp" is another good swedish short series. 8.1 on imdb

Every time when I think that it's another pointless episode they throw "little something" in it (like the mother wearing driving gloves when she drives a van), which makes each episode really cool.

Anyone watch Suits?

It is the best cartoon I have seen in a while. I really like it. Rick makes the show though, every other character is underdeveloped I think.

Halfway through season 9 of The Office. Still enjoying it, definitely not the trainwreck people make it out to be. My only real gripe is that it feels like they're creating conflict just for the sake of conflict. It's like everyone in a relationship has something going on; Jim and Pam never talk about anything anymore, Angela refuses to accept The Senator was gay before Oscar got involved, Darryl doesn't want to date Val anymore, Erin is gravitating towards Pete, etc. Otherwise I think the episodes are still pretty funny, if somewhat farfetched.

Or maybe it just seems better than it is because the last show I watched was Weeds, the epitome of a show that was dragged on for far too long.