The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

• 4 weeks later...

Debating whether I should watch The X-Files. I've never seen an episode

You definitely should. With the exception of the pilot, and four or five other eps, the first season is entirely skippable though.

As are the final 2 seasons, really.

So does it work just watching s02-07 then? Meaning I'm not missing anything important?

X-files is pretty much a new case every episode right? Or are there longer plots and "mysteries"?

Edit. Shit 200 episodes are way too many, don't think I'll ever get around to see it.

Edited by CheapJon

You definitely should. With the exception of the pilot, and four or five other eps, the first season is entirely skippable though.

So does it work just watching s02-07 then? Meaning I'm not missing anything important?

X-files is pretty much a new case every episode right? Or are there longer plots and "mysteries"?

Edit. Shit 200 episodes are way too many, don't think I'll ever get around to see it.

There are some things that come back and span across episodes and seasons, but I haven't watched them all either. I didn't think that it was that much of a problem.

I'd focus on exploring Season 1-7 and then 8 if you're really enjoying the show.

While the bulk of the show is a new case each episode, there is the overarching storyline involving aliens that stretches throughout the entire show and some other highly enjoyable storylines like the disappearance of Mulder's sister that is revisited every once in a while throughout the first 7 seasons.

"Home" from Season 4 is probably my favorite standalone episode.

The pilot, Squeeze, Ice, Eve, Beyond the Sea, Darkness Falls and Tooms are about all one needs of the first season, then your'e on solid ground until the end of S7. At it's best, it's one of the finest shows network television ever produced.

I love Home, it's so dark and graphic I still can't believe it aired on network television. Clyde Bruckman is still my favorite, I love the earlier, funnier episodes.

Edited by Angelica

The pilot, Squeeze, Ice, Eve, Beyond the Sea, Darkness Falls and Tooms are about all one needs of the first season, then your'e on solid ground until the end of S7. At it's best, it's one of the finest shows network television ever produced.

I love Home, it's so dark and graphic I still can't believe it aired on network television. Clyde Bruckman is still my favorite, I love the earlier, funnier episodes.

Is the movie connected or is it just like a long standalone episode?

The first one is connected to the show's primary 'mytharc' (and it's pretty decent), the second which came out years after the show ended is not (and is just fucking weird).

Edited by Angelica

I didn't know there was a second film :o

Alright, so now I'm down to deciding between The X-Files, Angel, Fringe, Alias, Friday Night Lights or Californication. I've never seen any episodes of any of these shows.

X-Files is straight up classic, warts and all. I love Angel, but the fifth season is the only one I'd recommend unabashedly to a non Buffy fan. Alias was kind of awesome in a disposable, trashy sort of way and is highly underrated. I lost track of Californication when it started to veer into shitsville, its fun for a while though.

Re-watching The Shield.

Edited by Angelica

Alright, so now I'm down to deciding between The X-Files, Angel, Fringe, Alias, Friday Night Lights or Californication. I've never seen any episodes of any of these shows.

X-Files is straight up classic, warts and all. I love Angel, but the fifth season is the only one I'd recommend unabashedly to a non Buffy fan. Alias was kind of awesome in a disposable, trashy sort of way and is highly underrated. I lost track of Californication when it started to veer into shitsville, its fun for a while though.

Thanks for steering and veering me the right way....

X-Files it is then!

I love Buffy, one of my favorite shows ever. Don't know why I never watched Angel. It really makes no sense :blink:

X-Files it is then!

I love Buffy, one of my favorite shows ever. Don't know why I never watched Angel. It really makes no sense :blink:

If you love Buffy, definitely try Angel! Overall (Or at least until the last season) it's less consistent, and the first season is especially patchy, but it's still wonderful.

X-Files it is then!

If you love Buffy, definitely try Angel! Overall (Or at least until the last season) it's less consistent, and the first season is especially patchy, but it's still wonderful.

I know Eliza Dushku is in quite a few Angel eps, so that's already a plus

I'm pretty sure the movie takes place between the end of the sixth and the beginning of the seventh season.

That's another good one. I also completely forgot about Drive which we probably have to thank for Breaking Bad :lol:

Edited by AxlsMainMan