May 16th, 2014 - Columbus, OH - Rock on the Range

John Bonham

FINAL SETLIST! thanks to xGNRxStarx and Jarmo!

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Browstone

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Better

Richard Fortus guitar solo

Live And Let Die (Wings cover)

This I Love

Holidays In The Sun (Tommy on vocals-Sex Pistols cover)

Dizzy Reed piano solo

Catcher In The Rye

You Could Be Mine

DJ ASHBA guitar solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (Babe I'm Gonna Leave You/Led Zeppelin)

November Rain

Abnormal (Ron Thal song)

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie (ACDC cover)

Civil War

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

***ENCORE***

Jam

Patience

Used To Lover Her

The Seeker (The Who cover)

Jam

Paradise City

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

One person complaining that they played too long and another said that only a drunk person could have enjoyed GNR...I hate people on twitter sometimes.

Seemed like a great show for the fans. I don't expect Axl to sound any better, but glad he got a chance to perform in front of a large American crowd again.

Not to sound cliche, but Axl does look less bloated in the pics I've seen

Overall, I am bored as shit of their touring but always want the band to do well. Of course, I am dying to see them again but since I am not there- yawn... Really hope you guys at the gig had a good time, though! I totally recognize the shows are for the fans there, but since we are the die hards we are going to complain and bitch about the setlist, monotony, Axl, etc and that is totally fine :lol:

• Like 1

Here's the set list

Cd

Jungle

Ise

Brownstone

Estranged

Rocket with rasp

Better rasp

Fortus solo

Live let die

This I love.

Tommy

Dizzy

Catcher

Ycbmine

Dj solo

Sweet child

Bumble babe I'm going to leave u

Nov rain

Ron thal song

Don't cry

Whole lot of Rosie.

Civil war

Kohd

Nighttrain

Wild horses bumble

Patience

Used to love her

Seeker

Paradise city

Here's a brief review. This was my first Rock on the Range. It was a cool venue, great time and well organized. All bands started on time including GnR. Yes they actually started at 9:30. This is my 8th GnR concert and overall it was an excellent performance. His vocals were spot on. There was a lot of rasp in the proper spots including don't cry, the end of patience, Civil war and even mild rasp in sweet child. Overall I really think Axl gave it is all and put on a hell of a show. Everyone I was with thought he sounded great even the not big GnR fans. I saw them 3 times in 2011 and this show was better than any of them. Unfortunately, the covers and a couple of songs Like catcher shouldn't of been played here. Being this was a festival and not everyone was GnR fans I think they should of kept the audience up more and not allowed people to float off. This just goes to show how far they have fallen in the US. Even at a huge rock festival people started filtering out after the first 5 songs and by the end only about 25% of the crowd was left. Really a shame. This is the kind of thing he needs to do to try and rebuild his reputation though. He started on time, gave a great performance for 2-1/2 hrs and gave it his all. Maybe he made a few new fans. Overall I am disappointed by this, but saw another successful show of my favorite band and had a great time.

Good Night

Edited by yourcrazy