May 16th, 2014 - Columbus, OH - Rock on the Range

John Bonham

An update on this show, more people stayed to see kid rock and his country performance than gnr at the supposed "rock" on the range. It's official... Musical tastes in this country are fucked. Also, how awful is five finger death punch and all of their loud mouthed fans? Ugh..

Maybe the weather was nicer Sunday night? It was packed earlier on Friday when I was there. Even though Gn'R went on right on time, some people had already been there close to 12 hours so that's a factor as well.

He did wear a fake mustache for a couple minutes. Not sure why, we just kind of looked at each other.

He also told everyone to stay away from the PO PO. He has said this at the end of most of the concerts I've been at over the last few years

...Choreographed "dance" moves look cartoonish...

Wait.

What??

What did I miss? Please don't tell me you mean they did some sort of Kiss-like moves.

:lol:

No, nothing like that. It's just gotten to the point where it's like, "OK, this is where he does the crossover step 5 times. This is where he attempts a reallllllllllly slow serpentine for 3 seconds. This is where he halfheartedly stomps his foot as if he gives a shit." It just looks like going through the motions again, which is unfortunate because he looked like his intensity was coming back. Not so for Jungle.

• Like 1

How long hasn't Axl done the same moves at the same times in songs? Weren't it like this back in the 90s, too (although different time, different moves)? The only time I can remember him being really close to spontaneous consistently was in the 80s.

Not nearly as much in the 90s as now, but that is when it started, and I couldn't stand it then either. Only predetermined move I could ever get behind was flipping the audience off during ISE. The double arm pump during "So down" in Jungle, the windmill arm at the end of SCOM, the ""used to do a little" hand level raising thingy from Brownstone......I don't like it, seems lazy to me.

• Like 1

I agree completely. A rock show should never be orchestrated. It is just....wrong.

But I guess, when you've sung a song more than 500 times it is easy to fall into a pattern.

Absolutely re: falling into a pattern. I just feel like it's the entertainers job to make the orchestrated seem spontaneous. Then again, I've probably seen him perform the songs almost as many times as he's performed them himself, so he's gonna have a tough time fooling me with any planned moves. Whatever. Fuck you, Axl Rose. :lol:

Chinese side stage

From the crowd

Sounds fine.

Laughing at the woman going "jesus! how does he not have a shirt on! it's cold!" talking about Bfoot.

November rain (proper tempo... for once!)

Edited by Tom2112