May 16th, 2014 - Columbus, OH - Rock on the Range

John Bonham

On the rock on the range facebook page, people are actually saying shit like "staind was great, but gnr sucked" I was there, and I can tell you first hand, staind sucked. Honestly most of those bands were pretty bad today, even the ones I was looking forward to, gnr was the only saving grace.

On the rock on the range facebook page, people are actually saying shit like "staind was great, but gnr sucked" I was there, and I can tell you first hand, staind sucked. Honestly most of those bands were pretty bad today, even the ones I was looking forward to, gnr was the only saving grace.

Yea a lot of the people there probably consider GNR as being a lot softer. They like music that takes no skill to piece together with generic lyrics that make no sense.

Damn, there is a LOT of hate on that page.

This is all I see..."audio was terrible! We couldn't hear asshole Axl, he can't even sing anymore he sounds terrible!" "I hate GNR always have" "who brought them back from the 80's?"

I mean how can you know how terrible he sounds if you can't hear him? I hope all those morons die a horrible death and are forced to listen to their crappy music at all times in a place called hell! They are the reason music festivals hardly happen in the US. The people with crappy taste are the first to voice their opinion on music because they want everyone to see how different they are.

Anyways my rant is over. I'm sure they are nice people, but every comment on that page has terrible taste in music.

• Like 4

So what happened to new songs? Were they really talking about cover songs or are they saving stuff for the residency?

You guys are delusional...... Nobody cares about new songs. People in the audience bought a ticket for the nostalgia trip and the AFD songs, not for cd leftovers. Axl isn't going to play a new song just to make happy 50 people on an internet forum.

I wonder if Axl's intention in 2001 was to be playing just 4-5 songs from his new vision 13 years later and basically hiding behind the old stuff and his whole crusade being rather pointless, he threw in the towel sometime in 2011.

I think it was MSL's stolen emails stunt that really did the band in.

Personal emails like that should never be shared or made public.

So what happened to new songs? Were they really talking about cover songs or are they saving stuff for the residency?

You guys are delusional...... Nobody cares about new songs. People in the audience bought a ticket for the nostalgia trip and the AFD songs, not for cd leftovers. Axl isn't going to play a new song just to make happy 50 people on an internet forum.

Exactly....Gn'R is now officially a nostalgia act and some people here just refuse to accept it.

Great powerful vocals with rasp from Axl on TIL...no one's got a full vid?

I wonder if Axl's intention in 2001 was to be playing just 4-5 songs from his new vision 13 years later and basically hiding behind the old stuff and his whole crusade being rather pointless, he threw in the towel sometime in 2011.

did axl really want to dissolve nugnr in 2010 ?

here are the titles of axl's emails : http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/2742-an-alleged-look-inside-axl-roses-laptop-101-documents-feb-14-2011/

I'm in total agreement personal emails/PMs are off limits to share and should never be made public.

How were the e-mails stolen and how did MSL come across this memory stick? Don't know much about this fiasco but have

heard about it.

From the videos I've seen from ROR-Axl sounded very good. At least to me. :)

did axl really want to dissolve nugnr in 2010 ?

Who knows for sure? I'm almost certain Axl tried to bail halfway through the 2010 tour though. The evidence points that way.

He flipped out and sent that tweet, TB went into full panic mode and coaxed him back to touring, but whatever fire he had until that point has died.