May 16th, 2014 - Columbus, OH - Rock on the Range

John Bonham

I drove 675 miles roundtrip to see this show and I'd do it all over again even though I've seen essentially the same thing several times over the last few years. I'll post thoughts and my good digital cam pics later (not the blurry cell ones I sent p5-sorry guys!)

• Like 4

Guest NGOG

I wonder if Axl's intention in 2001 was to be playing just 4-5 songs from his new vision 13 years later and basically hiding behind the old stuff and his whole crusade being rather pointless, he threw in the towel sometime in 2011.

I think it was MSL's stolen emails stunt that really did the band in.

Personal emails like that should never be shared or made public.

did axl really want to dissolve nugnr in 2010 ?

Who knows for sure? I'm almost certain Axl tried to bail halfway through the 2010 tour though. The evidence points that way.

He flipped out and sent that tweet, TB went into full panic mode and coaxed him back to touring, but whatever fire he had until that point has died.

I'm not entirely sure about that theory. MSL reported that Interscope rejected a self-titled GNR record just before Reading, so that may explain the outburst.

However, Axl was buying guns with Dj at the time of the tweet, and his tweets at that point has always been sent via phone (not a computer, as the case with the cancellation tweet). :shrugs:

I'm usually quick to call bull when a celebrity cries 'hack', but in the case that tweet, it may have been genuine.

Edited by NGOG

I just commented and added that Jungle vid. Fuckin' Staind. Gimme a break.

I know right? These fucks have zero taste. They were prepared to bash gnr before they even started. No making that uphill climb. They put on a killer show, yet five finger death punch will come on Sunday, absolutely blow and get praised as the second coming of Zeppelin. Peoples tastes in this country are fucked.

• Like 1

I wonder if Axl's intention in 2001 was to be playing just 4-5 songs from his new vision 13 years later and basically hiding behind the old stuff and his whole crusade being rather pointless, he threw in the towel sometime in 2011.

Who knows for sure? I'm almost certain Axl tried to bail halfway through the 2010 tour though. The evidence points that way.

He flipped out and sent that tweet, TB went into full panic mode and coaxed him back to touring, but whatever fire he had until that point has died.

I'm not entirely sure about that theory. MSL reported that Interscope rejected a self-titled GNR record just before Reading, so that may explain the outburst.

However, Axl was buying guns with Dj at the time of the tweet, and his tweets at that point has always been sent via phone (not a computer, as the case with the cancellation tweet). :shrugs:

I'm usually quick to call bull when a celebrity cries 'hack', but in the case that tweet, it may have been genuine.

Yea I remember the album-rejection claim, I do think that had something to do with it. Either that or the CD re-release was rejected.

One of the shit things about being a fan of this band is they almost always have some lame cover story. Strep throat for his voice, production issues for lateness, his twitter was hacked... It's hard to take TB seriously when a lot of what they say is just damage control. All I know is, there was definitely a change in Axl from the first half of 2010 to the last half, and he's settled into autopilot since then.

If he'd came and talked about an album being rejected so many of us would understand why he's doing what he's doing now but even the other guys in the band never even mention anything close to that concept. It's like he's been in a limbo and up and down spiral since the end of the 2010 tour.

here are the titles of axl's emails : http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/2742-an-alleged-look-inside-axl-roses-laptop-101-documents-feb-14-2011/

If you believe MSL, then Axl submitted the new record to the label in 2010, they declined since GnR had just released CD and hadn't promoted it properly, and Axl acted like a little kid and "quit".

Axl has said in interviews that the past few years have been the best in his life, and he enjoys the current lineup. I see no reason why he wouldn't want to release new music. In 2002 he planned to have a new album out every 2 years starting in 2003.

I'm assuming the label is the reason behind us not getting new music. Axl probably wants to put new music out, and I'm sure the label does too, but for whatever reason they can't reach a deal and neither side will budge. If there's a chance the album wont come out for a while, I can see why Axl wouldn't want to play new music live yet..... He doesn't want the songs to get old like many of them did before CD was released. Let's say he played Atlas last night, by now it would be all over the internet, someone would've made a high quality audio version of it, and we'd all be listening to it over and over again for the next week. If the CD came out in November 2015, for example, we'd have already had the song for a year and a half.

I just commented and added that Jungle vid. Fuckin' Staind. Gimme a break.

I know right? These fucks have zero taste. They were prepared to bash gnr before they even started. No making that uphill climb. They put on a killer show, yet five finger death punch will come on Sunday, absolutely blow and get praised as the second coming of Zeppelin. Peoples tastes in this country are fucked.

Five finger death punch and Zeppelin in the same sentence... ugh :scared:

Roky I agree with you. The 3 shows I've seen, all the fans were going nuts for the songs even the CD ones.

GNR have such amazing songs, I would hate not to hear any of them if they added a new song that wasn't so good.

Most people here feel, even if GNR releases a new cd or adds new songs, they will still bitch it's not as good as the old songs.

At least at a GNR show you pretty much know what's coming and you're happy for it.

T-shirts are all pretty cool, a lot better than the South American ones. Were there any dates on the back of the other 2 GNR tees?

The one above the two ROTR shirts was the design for the Bethlehem shirt. It didn't have a back at that gig.

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

I wouldn't purchase any of that merch. It's just generic skulls that you would imagine being part of the latest ASHBA Swag range.

Greatly prefer the Chinese-inspired apparel.

Edited by NGOG