Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

Most of the general public wouldn't be excited about new material. If they made a big deal about possibly playing new songs in the announcement, it could even deter casual fans, thinking they won't be playing as many hits. I don't think it could've hurt to just mention the band plans to debut a couple new songs (If that's indeed the case), but I think it was a wise PR move to not make it a focal point of the announcement.

If you're set on going to a Vegas gig, head on over to the Roll Call thread and let us know!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205047-mygnr-forum-north-american-american-tour-2014-roll-call/

You're right of course. When I go to a band that I like, but am not really a huge fan of, I also want to hear the greatest hits. Or never mind that, even when I'm a huge fan, I want to hear the greatest hits.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Vegas, bit far for me. I do hope they manage to come to Europe later though...

I attended Kanye's concert in December and the people i was with were sort of pissed that he played so many new tracks ( i think he played all 8 of them).

When I saw Sabbath last year i was so happy that they played mainly the hits with just a few new tracks (i think 3 new songs).

I guess what I'm getting at is that I would love for there to be a whole bunch of new (unreleased) songs but I understand if there aren't any. I do think if that's the case then the whole setlist should be re-vamped (at least the order).

So in your opinion, when did this happen? And are you sure this isn't just some new "trend" that we attached to GnR in our own mind's to justify Axl's constant touring with no new music?

Bands have pretty much always toured to support their new album. And fans have always loved to hear new songs live......look how excited everybody on this forum was back a decade ago to hear The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy at the shows. I've never heard people get mad at a concert when their favorite artist plays a couple new songs. In fact, this forum is the only place where I've heard people go the opposite route and say a band doesn't need to put out new music and that concert goers don't want to hear new songs.

Seems numbers would support this. It looks like in 2014 GnR will be mainly playing 3000-4000 seat venues in the US. The way to generate excitement and buzz for a band isn't by just continually, year after year, touring the classic songs. It's be releasing new music.

So while I understand your guy's points, I think maybe it's just your own subconscious way to defend what Axl has been doing with GnR. Why else would almost every other band for the past 50 years operate the opposite of how GnR is doing it?

You guys also make it sound like Axl would drop the "hits" and classic songs to debut a few new songs. That simply isn't the case. He isn't going to say "Well, tonight instead of Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle, we're gonna test two songs you have never heard before." They are always going to play the staples. Look at one of the last shows this band played - in Quebec 2013. If Axl dropped It's So Easy, The Seeker and Dizzy Reed's piano solo and replaced those three with brand new songs......you really think people would have freaked out and went home crying because the band played new material?

• Like 1

Most of the general public wouldn't be excited about new material. If they made a big deal about possibly playing new songs in the announcement, it could even deter casual fans, thinking they won't be playing as many hits. I don't think it could've hurt to just mention the band plans to debut a couple new songs (If that's indeed the case), but I think it was a wise PR move to not make it a focal point of the announcement.

If you're set on going to a Vegas gig, head on over to the Roll Call thread and let us know!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205047-mygnr-forum-north-american-american-tour-2014-roll-call/

You're right of course. When I go to a band that I like, but am not really a huge fan of, I also want to hear the greatest hits. Or never mind that, even when I'm a huge fan, I want to hear the greatest hits.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Vegas, bit far for me. I do hope they manage to come to Europe later though...

I attended Kanye's concert in December and the people i was with were sort of pissed that he played so many new tracks ( i think he played all 8 of them).

When I saw Sabbath last year i was so happy that they played mainly the hits with just a few new tracks (i think 3 new songs).

I guess what I'm getting at is that I would love for there to be a whole bunch of new (unreleased) songs but I understand if there aren't any. I do think if that's the case then the whole setlist should be re-vamped (at least the order).

So in your opinion, when did this happen? And are you sure this isn't just some new "trend" that we attached to GnR in our own mind's to justify Axl's constant touring with no new music?

Bands have pretty much always toured to support their new album. And fans have always loved to hear new songs live......look how excited everybody on this forum was back a decade ago to hear The Blues, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy at the shows. I've never heard people get mad at a concert when their favorite artist plays a couple new songs. In fact, this forum is the only place where I've heard people go the opposite route and say a band doesn't need to put out new music and that concert goers don't want to hear new songs.

Seems numbers would support this. It looks like in 2014 GnR will be mainly playing 3000-4000 seat venues in the US. The way to generate excitement and buzz for a band isn't by just continually, year after year, touring the classic songs. It's be releasing new music.

So while I understand your guy's points, I think maybe it's just your own subconscious way to defend what Axl has been doing with GnR. Why else would almost every other band for the past 50 years operate the opposite of how GnR is doing it?

You guys also make it sound like Axl would drop the "hits" and classic songs to debut a few new songs. That simply isn't the case. He isn't going to say "Well, tonight instead of Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle, we're gonna test two songs you have never heard before." They are always going to play the staples. Look at one of the last shows this band played - in Quebec 2013. If Axl dropped It's So Easy, The Seeker and Dizzy Reed's piano solo and replaced those three with brand new songs......you really think people would have freaked out and went home crying because the band played new material?

You should see Jarmo's rationalisations for this on HTGTH. It's Comical Ali levels of hilarity. I really don't know how he can do that year after year.

The only songs the casuals want to hear are WTTJ, SCOM, PC and November Rain. Nightrain, YCBM and one of ISE/Brownstone/RQ for the less casual fans. That's 7 songs. Room for a good 10 different songs.

• Like 1

Big Announcement: Third European tour, No Trickery!

then Asia, Australia, Canada and then SA again and again, and again...

Looking forward the 2016 residency!

I got an email from management last night saying nothing confirmed for Europe at the moment.

• Like 1

Big Announcement: Third European tour, No Trickery!

then Asia, Australia, Canada and then SA again and again, and again...

Looking forward the 2016 residency!

I got an email from management last night saying nothing confirmed for Europe at the moment.

Hopefully this means they'll release a new album before they come back to Europe? Is that too optimistic of me? Fuck it, I need some optimism.

I think you missed the point.

____

Reserved floor or GA floor ot reserved table? Hmmm....

Edited by Coma16

I went reserved floor because I wanted a more straight-ahead, direct view of the stage.

Ali

Good point. The thing I hate of GA is that if you have to take a piss break you might lose your spot. Being that I'm with my gf this is an issue to think about.

I went reserved floor because I wanted a more straight-ahead, direct view of the stage.

Ali

Good point. The thing I hate of GA is that if you have to take a piss break you might lose your spot. Being that I'm with my gf this is an issue to think about.

That's true. But, with reserved floor seating that issue is eliminated. Another advantage of that option, IMO.

Ali

Sitting at rock concerts should be banned

I went to the first London 2010 show seated. Axl put on a great show, but I just couldn't get into it. Think I got seated because they were less than face value on eBay, but I won't go seated again. Put me off seeing Jane's Addiction when I had a chance in Toronto a couple of years back, couldn't believe there was no GA.

Tickets purchased for June 4th, 6th and 7th.

Ali

Presale only for night train members or something? Are they cheaper ?

Thx

Yes, I used the presale option for Nightrain members.

As far as being cheaper, I honestly did not do a comparison. I just got the tickets as quickly as I could :)

Ali

Tickets purchased for June 4th, 6th and 7th.

Ali

Presale only for night train members or something? Are they cheaper ?

Thx

I don't believe they are cheaper but just first crack at them. In all honesty I wouldn't be shocked if they were cheaper on Friday lol

hey fellow gunners - long time member, but rarely post... I, for one, am excited about the Vegas shows... Hard Rock is an awesome spot and Vegas is a great town to party in, so it passes the test of "If I have to travel to a show, will I still have fun in this city if the show gets cancelled for some reason?"

Anyway, can any nightrain member tell me what the ticket price is for GA floor (standing room, not reserved)?

Thanks in advance.

Can someone with a Nightrain membership tell me what is included in the VIP package?

Vegas VIP Package (Reserved Floor)
  • One Reserved Floor Concert Ticket
  • Meet and Greet with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
  • Photo Opportunity with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
  • VIP Party Room with Cash Bar
  • Guns N' Roses Limited Edition Vegas Lithograph
  • Guns N' Roses Limited Edition Commemorative Vegas Laminate

$300

hey fellow gunners - long time member, but rarely post... I, for one, am excited about the Vegas shows... Hard Rock is an awesome spot and Vegas is a great town to party in, so it passes the test of "If I have to travel to a show, will I still have fun in this city if the show gets cancelled for some reason?"

Anyway, can any nightrain member tell me what the ticket price is for GA floor (standing room, not reserved)?

Thanks in advance.

$95.63 USD

Can someone with a Nightrain membership tell me what is included in the VIP package?

Vegas VIP Package (Reserved Floor)
  • One Reserved Floor Concert Ticket
  • Meet and Greet with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
  • Photo Opportunity with Select Members of Guns N' Roses
  • VIP Party Room with Cash Bar
  • Guns N' Roses Limited Edition Vegas Lithograph
  • Guns N' Roses Limited Edition Commemorative Vegas Laminate
$300

Thanks in advance.

$95.63 USD

Is that the 50 dollar ticket after fees and such?

Thx