Guns N' Roses @ Vegas - May 21-June 7

"The nine-show commitment will allow concertgoers to get up-close-and-personal with Guns N’ Roses while the group performs everything from its greatest hits to a few lesser known but beloved songs."

What does that mean ? No real new songs then ?

"The nine-show commitment will allow concertgoers to get up-close-and-personal with Guns N’ Roses while the group performs everything from its greatest hits to a few lesser known but beloved songs."

Don't Damn Me!!!!!

• Like 1

The cringey "No Trickery!" bit aside, I actually quite like the design of this poster, looks better than the one for the last residency.

Also much, much better than this "design" monstrosity:

467627_10151619018358069_1092223798_o.jp

I don't mind the band member photos in the background, but the lame '90s Internet font for Guns N' Roses and the awful CGI girl are just... horrific.

My favourite design of recent years is still the UCAP poster, finally got my UCAP T-shirt a few months ago B-)

430660_379541315405765_193494204010478_1

• Like 1

Silkworms and OMG?

Silkworms and OMG?

Prob means Better, TIL, and Catcher.

Well, yes, technically all existing songs that aren't greatest hits, are lesser known but beloved songs, I guess... But I do hope the setlist will be at least a bit different. We'll see next month.

Most of the general public wouldn't be excited about new material. If they made a big deal about possibly playing new songs in the announcement, it could even deter casual fans, thinking they won't be playing as many hits. I don't think it could've hurt to just mention the band plans to debut a couple new songs (If that's indeed the case), but I think it was a wise PR move to not make it a focal point of the announcement.

If you're set on going to a Vegas gig, head on over to the Roll Call thread and let us know!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205047-mygnr-forum-north-american-american-tour-2014-roll-call/

Most of the general public wouldn't be excited about new material. If they made a big deal about possibly playing new songs in the announcement, it could even deter casual fans, thinking they won't be playing as many hits. I don't think it could've hurt to just mention the band plans to debut a couple new songs (If that's indeed the case), but I think it was a wise PR move to not make it a focal point of the announcement.

If you're set on going to a Vegas gig, head on over to the Roll Call thread and let us know!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205047-mygnr-forum-north-american-american-tour-2014-roll-call/

You're right of course. When I go to a band that I like, but am not really a huge fan of, I also want to hear the greatest hits. Or never mind that, even when I'm a huge fan, I want to hear the greatest hits.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Vegas, bit far for me. I do hope they manage to come to Europe later though...

That's a good point.

Ali

You're right of course. When I go to a band that I like, but am not really a huge fan of, I also want to hear the greatest hits. Or never mind that, even when I'm a huge fan, I want to hear the greatest hits.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to Vegas, bit far for me. I do hope they manage to come to Europe later though...

I attended Kanye's concert in December and the people i was with were sort of pissed that he played so many new tracks ( i think he played all 8 of them).

When I saw Sabbath last year i was so happy that they played mainly the hits with just a few new tracks (i think 3 new songs).

I guess what I'm getting at is that I would love for there to be a whole bunch of new (unreleased) songs but I understand if there aren't any. I do think if that's the case then the whole setlist should be re-vamped (at least the order).

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

Powerage makes a good point. People do want to hear the hits but there is a middle ground to be had. Take the Stones for example, Doom and Gloom was a good track and I'm guessing got enough airplay for people not to be disappointed with it being added to set lists. GnR will most likely never have a hit like SCOM or Jungle again but they could release material, some of which might be good enough to earn a regular place in setlists that most concert goers, casual and hardcore would be happy with.

• Like 1

Just pull out This I Love or a solo, and do a new song. There, everyone's happy.

Seriously THIS was the "Big News"...Why not call it "News concerning tour dates released on Tuesday"??

+ the title was missleading AND this endless touring starts to get old..go to a studio and WRITE some music!! Why is this a problem for current GnR??? Just asking..

Edited by gunnari

Here's a concept - when 97% of GN'R's audience consists of MyGNR members and 3% of their audience consists of casual fans who actually go to shows and buy tickets, and not the other way around as it is now, perhaps MyGNR fans will get exactly what they want in a GN'R set.

Here's a concept - when 97% of GN'R's audience consists of MyGNR members and 3% of their audience consists of casual fans who actually go to shows and buy tickets, and not the other way around as it is now, perhaps MyGNR fans will get exactly what they want in a GN'R set.

Let's make it happen!

• Like 1

Let's make it happen!
Considering the widespread locations of mygnrforum members this would add up to about 25 concert goers per gig. One the plus side, no issues getting to the barrier! Edited by alfierose