April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Also, to whom it may concern, please stop cluttering the thread with useless and possibly negative photos and or comments that provide nothing useful to discussion. Thanks. :)

Also, to whom it may concern, please stop cluttering the music scene with embarrasing performances that provide lot of easily-trolled material to the Internet. Thanks.

I like Highvoltage. Blacksabbath, not so much.

I mean, if you're going to have a nuthugger be a mod, at least Volcano is over-the-top funny and less obnoxious

Volcano for Mod 2014: The Campaign Starts Now

Nuthugger? Hardly.

I'm assuming Jordan is upset because I made fun of his "This is heartbreaking" post last night, so naturally he is now an enemy.

And you were originally eye-rolling because of my positive comments towards some of the performance last night, but then I locked your unnecessary thread and that crossed the line in your book. So I've made two enemies today it seems. How sad.

I've openly criticized Axl plenty and still will when I personally think it's deserved. I almost threw in the towel for various reasons after I attended the Brooklyn Bowl gig in 2013. Last night wasn't perfect, and it probably won't ever be again. But, it definitely wasn't a disaster.

Axl could have performed like he did in 2010 last night and people on Blabbermouth and YouTube would still bitch and moan. It's natural for people like that at this point. Not everyone, but I'd say the majority of common viewers would still complain because Axl is an asshole and ruined the old band.

I just talked with someone from Revolver and they confirmed to me that Guns N' Roses management demanded the videos from last night be removed.

Reopen my thread.

Not that I don't believe you, but PM me a screenshot and I'd be happy to re-open your precious thread. :)

gollum-smeagol.jpg

Well that was a funny fucking evening last night, the highlight was everyone slamming the train wreck everything was. :lol:

Man, I haven't laughed that fuckin' hard at something I saw on the internet in ages. It was a great night, everything and everyone around here. The forum was on fire.

Well that was a funny fucking evening last night, the highlight was everyone slamming the train wreck everything was. :lol:

Man, I haven't laughed that fuckin' hard for something I saw on the internet in ages. It was a great night, everything and everyone around here. The forum was on fire.

I think we all knew what was coming.

What in the actual Fuck does Jarmo have to do with this gig, thread anything?

Nothing.

Guys, c'mon. Hate on me and anyone else's views and opinions about the performance last night all you want, but unnecessary and juvenile comments about people, Gn'R camp or not, aren't warranted and nor are they tolerated. Public warning, so please refrain from comments like that.

Also, to whom it may concern, please stop cluttering the thread with useless and possibly negative photos and or comments that provide nothing useful to discussion. Thanks. :)

Also, to whom it may concern, please stop cluttering the music scene with embarrasing performances that provide lot of easily-trolled material to the Internet. Thanks.

I like Highvoltage. Blacksabbath, not so much.

I mean, if you're going to have a nuthugger be a mod, at least Volcano is over-the-top funny and less obnoxious

Volcano for Mod 2014: The Campaign Starts Now

Nuthugger? Hardly.

I'm assuming Jordan is upset because I made fun of his "This is heartbreaking" post last night, so naturally he is now an enemy.

And you were originally eye-rolling because of my positive comments towards some of the performance last night, but then I locked your unnecessary thread and that crossed the line in your book. So I've made two enemies today it seems. How sad.

I've openly criticized Axl plenty and still will when I personally think it's deserved. I almost threw in the towel for various reasons after I attended the Brooklyn Bowl gig in 2013. Last night wasn't perfect, and it probably won't ever be again. But, it definitely wasn't a disaster.

Axl could have performed like he did in 2010 last night and people on Blabbermouth and YouTube would still bitch and moan. It's natural for people like that at this point. Not everyone, but I'd say the majority of common viewers would still complain because Axl is an asshole and ruined the old band.

Yeah, you made fun of my 'heartbroken' comment. Amir used similar sentiments. I'm butthurt tbh because it really is heartbreaking. It couldn't get any worse and i'm not just talking about his voice. Even taking away the perspective that includes the history of the old band and just taking everything from Rio '01 up until now, exactly what could make it any worse? I mean, This I Love is one of my favourite songs EVER. I have racked up literally over a thousand plays of it from the 2010 bootlegs. I have offered to pay £1,000 for the new vocal-remix of it. But it's a friggin song Axl was talking about in 1993 and literally 21 years later and the first time it gets an outing on a pro-shot show in America and he does that because he can't be fucked.

I have mixed feelings about last night's performance. Was it everything I hoped for? No. But there were a few moments that had me hooked. I was in the chat last night with 40+ other people and regardless of how he sounded, we were all sharing the excitement, the anticipation, the highs and lows. Some people had me laughing my ass off in between crashing the boards and the chat. For anyone who didn't watch it - you can rag on Axl all you want, with the exception of a decent performance by Joan Jett, Axl was the highlight of the night. We had guys who grunted and screamed out unintelligible lyrics, we had guys who played shit, predictable licks, we had a ridiculous chick in a fantasy Star Trek Viking outfit that clearly thought she was fucking amazing, we had a guy who sounded like he was birthing a piglet on stage, or as one chat member said "being embuggered with a pineapple". Axl was honestly one of the best performances of the night. The excitement and thrill in the chat was palpable. After watching 4 hours of utter shit, Joan Jett was cool until she decided to give Cindy Lou Who a second whack at I Hate Myself for Loving You. And then...it was Axl. He could have taken a shit into a kazoo and been more musical than the previous 4 hours worth of idiocy. So, it was fun. The way the chat kind of exploded when DJ did the out of tune SCOM intro....and the subsequent revival of the song by Bumble in an epic performance. Fortus owned NR. And then the feed cut out and the chat was a wall of "WTF?"s from everybody. It was an epic night and even though I was dead tired, it was worth it. And Dana, our loud n proud rep singing his heart out - God love him!

Edited by DangerousCurves
  • Like 1

So do we actually know why gnr's vids are private? Is it actually managements doing? Because you can see his acceptance speech and the other performances of the night.

I saw Paradise City early in the morning and by that time it had like 10 thumbs up and 70 thumbs down. I read some of the comments and they were truly negative. I believe Revolver did the right thing by making them private for now.

Man, I haven't laughed that fuckin' hard for something I saw on the internet in ages. It was a great night, everything and everyone around here. The forum was on fire.

Chat room was legendary. :lol:

WTTJ wasn't awful, appreciated when he pulled out the rasp, but the constant switching of voices marred the performance.

I really can't see how you can defend that PC.

Here is a PC from less than 2 years ago that sounds pretty good:

http://youtu.be/kdL-GrcpVu8

PC Less than a year ago in June.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Why is it only ever a disaster when there's a stream? Had it not been streamed and only been a regular show that we got updates for as usual with YouTube videos the following days, this thread would be 200 pages less probably and a lot less bitchy.

Because a large amount to of people watch live streams and you can't blame the shit sound on poor iPhone recording.

• Like 4

For me, as a die-hard Axl fan, the sad part isn't in how bad the "bad" parts were, but with the overall picture.

This was a chance for GnR to hit a home run. An awards show that will be covered by all the major music magazines and websites, streamed for people to watch. This was an opportunity for Axl to bitch-slap all the "haterz" out there. To show the world what he was doing with this current band.

This was a chance for Axl to go out and put forth an A-plus performance. To debut a new song that kicks ass. To KILL IT on the other songs. To show the world how strong his band is.

Today should be like Christmas in April for Axl and GnR. Every music site should be exploding with positive reviews of GnR's performance. People shouldn't be talking about the songs he sounded horrible on, the weird changes in his voice, DJ being DJ.

That is the sad part for me as a GnR fan.

This could/should have been a home run for the band. Instead......it was a ground-out to second base.

Why is it only ever a disaster when there's a stream? Had it not been streamed and only been a regular show that we got updates for as usual with YouTube videos the following days, this thread would be 200 pages less probably and a lot less bitchy.

Because a large amount to of people watch live streams and you can't blame the shit sound on poor iPhone recording.

Correctamundo.

I don't get involved in the whole "What a disaster, LOLZ" routine. But I do think its good to get a performance with impeccable sound so the people that hide behind not being able to tell anything by Youtube finally have that put to rest.

• Like 1

I hope Bono isn't looking the forum right now, how dare you to bash the Iphone.

They should have played a new song like Slayer did, but everyone expecting a new song on a livestream is a dreamer by this point.