Does anyone else dislike "Neutral" fans?

I dislike people who say they "side" with a musician; as if a musician is acknowledging their ridiculous sense of loyalty. :rofl-lol:

Yeah tell that to Jarmo, or other certain people here who wouldn't mind getting blessed and anointed by Beta and Fernando to gain access to backstage, where they can listen raptly as DJ and BBF talk passionately about how great it is to cover other musicians' work for a living.

You're free to relay your own messages. Go over to Jarmo's site and tell him yourself, then come back and PM whoever the hell you want to. For fuck's sake, man up.

• Like 1

If GnR, or Slash or both suddenly decided to disappear off the face of the Earth, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

My opinion about what I'd like to see happen doesn't make things any different and at the end of the day, it IS just a band and grown, "mature", musicians that make the beds they sleep in.

As long as people can make a logical and coherent argument I don't dislike neutrality or taking aides. However a lot of times when people take sides they ignore facts while just wanting their side to "win" the argument - as a result I think that the largest amount of logical people reside somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

As long as people can make a logical and coherent argument I don't dislike neutrality or taking aides. However a lot of times when people take sides they ignore facts while just wanting their side to "win" the argument - as a result I think that the largest amount of logical people reside somewhere in the middle.

That's what makes most of the fights turn so negative on here (along with the idiotic fact that some people can't let go of grudges). A small - but very vocal - portion of the forum aren't really debating or arguing because they really believe in the specific argument, but they are just doing their normal automatic worship mode and automatic bash mode. The actual topic doesn't matter, what matters is their axl-vs-slash obsession and "winning" against the guy who doesn't love/hate the musician that they love/hate. It really is weird.

anyone who takes a "side" in a rockstar pissing match is a moron.

Bran wins the topic with the perfect post.

Unfortunately, some people take their love or hatred of Axl or Slash very, very srsly. Very srsly.

Edited by Groghan

I'm happy and enjoying the forum news everyday. I love the current GNR which is the reason why I've been following this band since 2008.

Also the website forum has a friendly user interface and being a web and mobile app developer I appreciate its simplicity but I wish the owner of the site upgrades to RWD to provide an optimal viewing experience.

Obviously I'm not a neutral fan, I don't follow Slash's solo music except few songs that I like : PC with Fergie and Slither.

I was just saying the "neutral" fans aren't really that at the end of the day which is why I put it into quotation marks. I support Slash most of the time but that has been after preponderance of the evidence over the years, it's not because I simply worship him. I think a lot of people didn't really follow what I was talking about. I'm in favor of Slash blocking the DVD and agree with him on it. I would have actually been disappointed if he didn't. I didn't agree with the way the overall situation was characterized and the unfavorable position on it got neutralized.

Anyways, as unpopular as the opinion might be, Thank you Slash!

I went through this in the late 80s and 90s with Pink Floyd. People said you had to choose a side and I cannot understand that at all. I don't understand why I need to be involved in their (Axl & Slash) war at all.

Which is exactly right.

They were a rock band I really liked. This is not my family.

• Like 4

I love Axl's music 100000 times more than Slash's.

I love the way Slash/Duff treats their fans and the way they run their careers 100000 times more than how Axl does.

But to take "sides" or to hate one of them just because I prefer another one? That's just weird.

Izzy is my favourite. I suppose I might be seen as, more Slash, but I really am not. It is just I fell into, hating everything about nugnr: TB, Vegas, lack of communication, Ashba, no new album. I was quite supportive of nugnr, around 1999-2001 but then it was a very different band with a very different set of aspirations. You have to remember that a lot of critics of nugnr, may have been supporters at some stage. Most of them slipped away after the 2001 period or during that boring period 2003-2005 where nothing happened, or because Buckethead and Finck left and Ashba is shit, or because Axl treats his fans like crap. There was so many things interesting in 2001 and it all just collapsed at sometime after that.

Izzy is my favourite. I suppose I might be seen as, more Slash, but I really am not. It is just I fell into, hating everything about nugnr: TB, Vegas, lack of communication, Ashba, no new album. I was quite supportive of nugnr, around 1999-2001 but then it was a very different band with a very different set of aspirations. You have to remember that a lot of critics of nugnr, may have been supporters at some stage. Most of them slipped away after the 2001 period or during that boring period 2003-2005 where nothing happened, or because Buckethead and Finck left and Ashba is shit, or because Axl treats his fans like crap. There was so many things interesting in 2001 and it all just collapsed at sometime after that.

This is very true. Axl did not do himself any favors by taking so long and allowing people to lose interest in the project.

I don't really pick a side i mean they are both assholes to each other and both Axl and Slash fucked things up, where 2 are fighting 2 are to blame as they say, now i do consider Axl as my favorite musician in the world because he just has things that makes my heart pumping fast wether it's his voice, stage performances, lyrics whatsoever, and i just lean more to vocalists than guitarplayers, bassists or drummers because they just touch me more, and maybe that is why people lean to slash or Axl by choice cuz they more like guitarplayers than singers or the opposite. while saying they are neutral. and as for the old and new band, i more grew up with the new band cuz the Argentina show in 93 happend in the year i was born so i can't say how it was to live with the existence of that band at that time so i just like what things are like now and i like how GN'R used to be. And i don't really give a fuck if there will be a reunion or not because it's not likely to happen anyway nor wil Slash and Axl ever be friends again. but who cares? accept the things you can't change, you don't have to like em just accept em.