Does your closest ally know that you use MYGNR?

Gracii Guns

Does your closest ally know that you use MYGNR?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not made a thread here in a while...

So does your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/husband/wife/casual date/best friend/parent know that you visit MyGnR? Or is it a big secret and you'd only tell them if your life depended on it?

My fiancée knew that I had met a few people from here years ago and was cool about it. When I rejoined, I told him once I returned to being a regular poster. Fortunately he gets the whole forum thing as he's on several himself.

No, my husband knows I like the band but probably not the extent of my obsession. I could probably confess if I needed to, he's not exactly lilly white on the internet geek thing himself, he likes rpg and is currently fixated with youtube channels like yogzcast.

Lovely couple we are :-D

I wouldn't tell my close friends though, they would think I was batshit. They might be right!

The last two women I was in relationships with knew about it...considering I lived with them, it would have been difficult to hide. There's nothing really "hide" about it anyway....the only things they ever questioned was "why" G N' R...and am I really that much of a fanatic?...and I would explain that 90% of my time here would be in "Anything Goes"....so they understood that as well.

Edited by Kasanova King

My right hand knows, it helps me post.

The last girl I was with knew. I've mentioned a few of the funny things that happened here to some of my music nerd friends who I thought would be able to appreciate the humor, I doubt they've thought about me posting on a GNR forum twice though...

Edited by sweetness

There's a trend in responses which focus on admitting that you like the band as well as using this forum.

I suppose that to me this forum is Anything Goes which just happens to have a URL of a band. I have recently rediscovered my enjoyment of GN'R but would be cautious to admit it to a friend now, as most people just think of the band as one from the '90s with a few hit pop singles. Which is pretty sad for a band which created classic albums full of brilliant songwriting and an almost incomparable live experience.

Yeah the GF knows. She used to post on the velvet revolver forum herself. It's easy cause she is a GNR fan, more into slash...etc. She isn't mental enough to be into forums though these days. She likes her crime and ghost programmes (which are weird to me ) so i'm not 'hiding' anything.

As for friends, my bro Kev used to post on here, but he now has a life. Apart from that I'd never tell anyone at work or any other friends. Deep down I should be putting my free time into something more constructive or something in which I can relate to the more general public on like football or cars or something, but Im not.

I've had hundreds of conversations about music, and GNR have literally come up about three times (usually with a middle-aged taxi driver or AC/DC fan).

If you attempt to sing the praises of a dad rock band to somebody attractive, you can literally see a thought of 'well you've definitely just lost any chance of getting your dick wet' come into their eyes.

The only time I've ever been publicly associated with GNR fanboyism was when Jungle played over the speakers of a partybus. I was so mangled I sang every word doing an Axl impression and it was so good everybody said 'you've definiely done that before'. :lol:

• Like 1