SLASH/AEROSMITH LIVE AT THE WHISKEY- STREAM

Steven still has a great voice. Seeing him twice in June.

Anyone think that Mama kin was a bit too much with both guitar duelling? It sounded like two songs playing at the same time and I don't think slash's guitar sounded right. The song itself was sick!!!

I know what you mean, but I think thats just because it was underrehearsed. The whole thing was a little rough, but very rock and roll. It'll be more refined on the tour.

Watching the thing once more since it was lagging live time. Its a solid set. Its sloppy, but Aerosmith do still have it. Only Steven Tyler could get Slash to sing into the mic. This tour should be club places like Slash and Myles play. That would be awesome and really special. But overall, this seems like it'll be a really cool tour and if the prices aren't astronomical that would be great. This Whiskey promo was very cool and very rock and roll. Very Slash lol.

And of the "new" songs they could have played, Pink was actually a really good choice. Better than the ballads and sounded pretty good.

Also, I loved reading the comments. Someone asked where Slash was and someone responded "in my ass!" and that gave me a good laugh.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Steven moves around a helluva lot more than Axl these days. And the man has had surgery on his feet. Plus a busted knee back in about 97 that required surgery. Plus Steven is 66 yrs old. And Steven still sounds like Steven. Where as with Axl sounding like Axl,it's a hit or miss thing.

Edited to add

Oh yeah and Steven has had surgery on his vocal chords.

Edited by SweetRose

The Welcome To The Jungle part was incredible. It was worth it for that alone. Steven trying to get Slash to sing it literally made me laugh out loud. Cool set.

Also:

Seems the final set will be-

Draw The LIne

Same Old Dong And Dance

Pink

Mother Popcorn/ Walk This Way

Mama Kin

Welcome To The Jungle/ Train Kept A'Rollin'

Overall, that was awesome. Sloppy, loose, raw, and everything a gig at the Whiskey should be. A shame Brad wasn't there, Pink was played instead of something like Chip Away, and I wasn't there :lol:

Yeah that new verison of Same Old Song was great :P .

Haha, i like my title better

Cool this tour would be killer you lucky fuckers.

Aerosmith ft. Slash - Mama kin (Live at Whisky 2014)

Aerosmith ft. Slash - Train Kept a Rollin (Live at Whisky 2014)

Edited by Gibbo 27