April 15th - Recife, Brazil

Black Sabbath

I don't understand why everyone's so mad at Axl? He dedicated the song to haters or something? Why is everyone taking it so personally?

Well at one time or another we have all hated on something GNR has done. It feels like a personal attack against some fans.

I don't mind, it's like someone said above if he's paying attention to the negativity than he has some motivation to do good. If Axl can get motivated it will lead to an all around better band. Rants like this one show that Axl isn't delusional. He is interested in hearing what people think of him still.

Yeah, but he said to all the haters who are pissed that the tour is going so well.

And as far as I'm aware, none of us have expressed any negative opinion about Duff being there/Tommy not being there, or anything of the sort. Which is why I'm so confused.

If he had just said haters, then yeah, I'd understand (and I'd probably get upset too).

I don't understand why everyone's so mad at Axl? He dedicated the song to haters or something? Why is everyone taking it so personally?

Well at one time or another we have all hated on something GNR has done. It feels like a personal attack against some fans.

I don't mind, it's like someone said above if he's paying attention to the negativity than he has some motivation to do good. If Axl can get motivated it will lead to an all around better band. Rants like this one show that Axl isn't delusional. He is interested in hearing what people think of him still.

Yeah, but he said to all the haters who are pissed that the tour is going so well.

And as far as I'm aware, none of us have expressed any negative opinion about Duff being there/Tommy not being there, or anything of the sort. Which is why I'm so confused.

If he had just said haters, then yeah, I'd understand (and I'd probably get upset too).

Yea idk where he heard that the tour is going to fail. It seems odd that it was brought up at all. This tour had every reason to succeed. Maybe it was a nod towards Duff because I guess some felt they wouldn't get along? Who knows. Axl can find the most obscure comment and make the biggest deal about it.

A good story would be if Slash said something about this tour w/ duff that Axl caught wind of. I doubt this happened though haha

I just got a feeling it had something to do with Duff being there because of his replacement comments before the hater comments and the fact that it led to it's so easy.

Appetite for deciphering starts now!

Some of those stupid fucks get wet dreams about Axl calling out them a la Madison. That would explain the constant bashing. But who gives a fuck, it's a mini rant from Axl, everyone should be happy.

And to all the haters, Ashba is better than the old one. Axl, we believe now even more.

Only the HATERS get mad if Axl slaps back...

Glad to see the anger in Axl again, and like others have said, maybe it will motivate him. Maybe Axl was talking about Tommy...who knows what goes on in Axl's Halloween Tree mind.

Slash was asked about Duff playing, and he just said Duff & Axl had a different relationship than he & Axl. Nothing negative.

Perhaps HATERS said Duff would walk out on the band after to deal with Axl again.

While I would love to hear new music, as long as GNR tours, I will follow them. They are my favorite band based on music. They owe me nothing.

• Like 1

Only the HATERS get mad if Axl slaps back...

Glad to see the anger in Axl again, and like others have said, maybe it will motivate him. Maybe Axl was talking about Tommy...who knows what goes on in Axl's Halloween Tree mind.

Slash was asked about Duff playing, and he just said Duff & Axl had a different relationship than he & Axl. Nothing negative.

Perhaps HATERS said Duff would walk out on the band after to deal with Axl again.

While I would love to hear new music, as long as GNR tours, I will follow them. They are my favorite band based on music. They owe me nothing.

But you are killing the pony fantasy of some users here! let's go back on how Axl is talking about some of the fine posters here, if you listen closely to the video you can hear some names..

• Like 1

I find it entertaining how so many here automatically believe that what Axl said was directed to anyone here as if the whole world consist of only Axl and mygnrforum disregarding all the feedback from fans across the world that is transferred to Axl via other channels, including Facebook comments, people who talk to the management and other band members, commentaries in magazines, media, other forums, etc. Get over yourselves :D

What would constitute the tour not going well? Them having a great time and performing well enough for the attending fans is all that REALLY matters but it's nowhere near 2010's potential (they've never recovered from the RIR opportunity as 'new' GNR) and the majority who are a bit miffed want Axl in near 2010 form, some new stuff from this long standing line up and DJ to stop using the thing as a promotional machine and believing himself the modern Slash.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I find it entertaining how so many here automatically believe that what Axl said was directed to anyone here as if the whole world consist of only Axl and mygnrforum disregarding all the feedback from fans across the world that is transferred to Axl via other channels, including Facebook comments, people who talk to the management and other band members, commentaries in magazines, media, other forums, etc. Get over yourselves :D

I tend to agree. I don't see why people are taking this so personally. At first, I wondered if he actually mentioned MyGNR. But, he didn't.

Ali

I think the difference between 2010 shows and 2014 shows in terms of audience satisfaction is marginal.

A bad tour is one where the band starts the shows late, where there are obvious conflicts between band members, where they have lots of technical issues, where audiences don't turn up, and where there are cancelled shows due to the band and not other reasons; to name some possible problems.

• Like 1

Axl always nails the lower registers, it's still incredibly that such a baritone speaking voice wails like he does. Imagine Morrison doing that shit lawl.

The majority of the concert goers aren't invested into the band as whacked out as MYGNR members which helps, Axl gets analyzed under a microscope and either crucified or celebrated, many of us just wanna see this band stamp their mark cause the potential is insane, live shows are the music industry's best bet for profit now and the label won't be too keen on anymore albums without a reunion, I just hope they're gathering funds for a trilogy.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Who is Axl addressing with that statement?

I'm sure he doesn't really care about a few random people on internet forums.

Seems like the shows are going pretty well. Duff playing was a huge success. Can't wait to see what happens at the Revolver show and at Vegas.