X-Men: Days of Future Past (final trailer)

Ok, am I imagining it, or is Evan Peters actually a clone of the young Malcolm McDowell?

2vx3vrl.jpg

-Jennifer Lawrence just felt flat in the movie not her best work but her writing wasn't that strong either

-Quicksilver was the best part of the film

-Nit pick and I can't remember if this was done in the comic but why was Iceman with Kitty in the 2023 timeline? Considering Colossus was alive.

Iceman was with Rogue. Kitty and Colossus were teaching the same class

EDIT- You said the 2023 timeline, my bad. I assumed Rogue was dead at that point. I guess Kitty and Bobby were together? Or Bobby still just really cares about Kitty?

Edited by ZoSoRose

Really enjoyed it, especially the kitchen scene inside the Pentagon.

Not a comic book reader so I'm sure there were a ton of references I didn't get. I guess I could google it, but anyone want to explain who the guy was at the end of the credits?

Really enjoyed it, especially the kitchen scene inside the Pentagon.

Not a comic book reader so I'm sure there were a ton of references I didn't get. I guess I could google it, but anyone want to explain who the guy was at the end of the credits?

I haven't seen it, but based on the next sequel, I'd say Apocalypse.

This was fantastic. I have not seen any X-men films before and have read only like the DOFP story and nothing else, but I know a bit about what the characters are like from their appearances in other Marvel comics.

From what I gather, Patrick Stewart being alive at the beginning is a hilariously major continuity error though.

It's the best Xmen film so far, without a doubt, but as a big Xmen fan I was "slightly" dissapointed. I mean it was good, yes, and they did "fix" some of the continuity errors. But not all of them. How is Prof X even alive? They never even addressed that. also it IS NOT anywhere near as good as the Avengers and other Marvel Studio's releases. But it is a good film. 8/10

From what I read, Xavier had a brother in a coma and when Jean kills him in X3, he transferred his consciousness into his brother's body and his paralysis is connected to his telepathy.

Source is imgur, I haven't seen the movie, so take it with a grain of salt.

Apparently even though 20th Century Fox owns the film rights, Disney/ Marvel still owns the merchandising rights and they're refusing to promote this movie in order to avoid competition with Guardians of the Galaxy.

They're calling it "the Fox shut-out," and apparently Sony is considering giving some of their rights to Spider-Man back to Marvel so that they don't run into the same issues with their future releases. Meaning that Spider-Man may be in The Avengers 3

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/06/01/rob-liefeld-marvels-fox-shut-out-is-real-how-spider-man-can-appear-in-avengers-3/

Better than x-men 2?

Yes. Xmen 2 is by far the best of the original 3. (I always felt the first film was ok, nothing special). Xmen 2 is a good film, and being a big wolverine fan, I was really excited about it originally, and liked where they were going with the series, until part 3 came out. Having said that xmen 3 was so bad that it casts such a negative shadow over the original 3 films, and being that xmen 1 was only ok, xmen 2 is not strong enough of a film to really save those 3 films imo. Even if you take xmen 2 as a stand alone film, First Class is better. Better story, better production, better script, just plain better film. The only thing xmen 2 has on First Class is wolverine imo. Besides how under utililized Lady Death Strike in that film always bothered me. She deserved better imo, but thats the case for all villians not named Magnito and Mystique in the xmen film series isn't it?

While Days of Future Past does a great job providing everyone with the best of First Class plus The Wolverine and xmen films imo, that is why I deem it the best so far, but I'm hoping Apocalipse is awesome, because DOFP is not quite as good as I was hoping for.

Spoiler alert...

While they did quite a few things right, they did a few others very wrong imo. I can live with them sending Wolverine back in time instead of Bishop, but the whole final scenes felt a little anticlimatic imo. I was expecting Apocalipse or perhaps Mr Sinister to be the bad guy behind pulling Trask's strings. That was the case in the comics and on the 90's cartoon. Making the story line about the sentinals didn't bother me (because it was cool to finally see the sentinals on film), but their should have been someone evil pulling the strings. Not just Trask doing what he felt was right, that felt hollow imo. I was also expecting the film to end on a cliff hanger, assumably Apocalipse showing himself, ready to kick xmen ass. But that didn't happen. I just felt it would have made more sense, and made a better film if Apocalipse or even Mr. Sinister was really Trask, and this whole Sentinal idea is to wipe out the mutants so that no one can stop Apocolipse/Sinister. That would have made a better story/film/and sequel. But like every other xmen film, they almost get it right, but come up a little short. Had Marvel Studio's been in charge of this film, I'm sure that's how it would have ended.

But having said all of that, I still feel it is the best xmen movie to date, and I am looking foreward to Apocalipse. I just hope they do him right, because he is a bad guy on the Thanos type level. Don't fuck him up Fox.

• 3 months later...

Finally saw this one. Easily my favorite of the X-Men movies. Can't wait for Apocalypse.

I also picked up the comic Days of Future Past at Books a Million yesterday. Think I might buy some other story arcs. Looks like Chris Claremont did the most popular stories.

Don't know if I liked this more or X2, though it's been years since I saw X2. Still, great film, one of my favourite of the summer blockbusters.

• 5 months later...