**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

I changed the Axl pic and take the GNR logo off

AVjrwOF.png

I also did a new logo. It's pretty much the same style as the current one, but there is a font change and some minors changes. Pretty simple.

zL4O9Tp.png

With everything in place it look like this on my screen (1366*768)

H1SPA3g.png

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 3

AVjrwOF.png

I also did a new logo. It's pretty much the same style as the current one, but there is a font change and some minors changes. Pretty simple.

zL4O9Tp.png

H1SPA3g.png

Fucking great work man, exactly the kind of thing I would envision. I LOVE it, if it makes HV approval I will likely vote for you.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I still like the current logo a lot. But, if HV wants a new one, then so be it. Also, I like that new edit as well, looks very cool. Not that I could do any better, but my only bit is that I think Axl should be facing the other direction to contrast the direction 4tus and DJ are looking in (or everyone for that matter :P). Small, but I like contrasting things like that :lol:

Still, so far, you've got my vote.

Looks good IMO. Only small suggestion I have is maybe fill the sides with...something? I know it won't show on most people's screens, but it's a lot of dead space. Maybe add a full stage shot on both sides, a different era on either side? Just a suggestion.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I loved that you used that one BBF picture of mine - that's one of my favorites.

AVjrwOF.png

zL4O9Tp.png

H1SPA3g.png

This looks pretty cool IMO, only thing I could see maybe changing could be the line underneath the MyGNRFORUM logo.

• Like 1

AVjrwOF.png

zL4O9Tp.png

H1SPA3g.png

Took me a minute to notice the old members on there. If I were you I'd make them a bit more prominent, maybe at the expense of removing the less relevant ones like Gilby and Paul.

It looks really good, but at the same time it's almost too similar to the current one. I don't know if I like that or not.

Ok now I changed the Axl photo and put the one that Black Sabbath sugested and filled the side as Powerage5 asked. I don't know if there is any issue with having the album covers on it, but right now is like the history of the band in one image!

xBDBFso.png

On my screen I don't see the sides, but it look like this:

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Edited by Manfisman

Ok now I changed the Axl photo and put the one that Black Sabbath sugested and filled the side as Powerage5 asked. I don't know if there is any issue with having the album covers on it, but right now is like the history of the band in one image!

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Album covers in the banner won't fly, I can tell you that much. JMO, but I prefer a picture of Axl singing that one where he isn't. But that's just my opinion, not sure where anyone else stands on that.

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Sweet, i'm run out of my likes, but you got my vote :headbang:

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Album covers in the banner won't fly, I can tell you that much. JMO, but I prefer a picture of Axl singing that one where he isn't. But that's just my opinion, not sure where anyone else stands on that.

Yeah, I prefer the other one. :tongue2: The colors clash a little better.

The one with Axl's arms out might look cool, though.

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Yeah, I prefer the other one. :tongue2: The colors clash a little better.

The one with Axl's arms out might look cool, though.

I like the other picture but I think it'd cover up Fortus and DJ too much.

ha! The Axl picture with his arms open would cover DJ and Richard too much.

The Axl pic thing, I like the previous one better but whatever pic that get more likes will make it.

Are you sure that the album covers can't make it? I mean, this is not intended for selling. Anyway I could be wrong cause I don't know much about legal stuff.

I'm thinking of doing other two entries for the contest. Is a max of 3 right?

Edited by Manfisman

ha! The Axl picture with his arms would open cover DJ and Richard too much.

The Axl pic thing, I like the previous one better but whatever pic that get more likes will make it.

Are you sure that the album covers can't make it? I mean, this is not intended for selling. Anyway I could be wrong cause I don't know much about legal stuff.

I'm thinking of doing other two entries for the contest. Is a max of 3 right?

It'd be a question for High/Subsy - I'm not 100% on the legal stuff. Yes, max of 3. I'm pretty sure we're only counting your entry as 1 so far, since you've just tweaked the same design.

Faded out the way they are, I'm sure it wouldn't matter... but then other people will feel that they should be able to use the album covers too. Not really sure where you'd draw the line, so I just think it's better to avoid them entirely. Consider a texture or a pattern for the sides instead maybe? They'll be covered by the search / logo anyway. :)