**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

Ok now I changed the Axl photo and put the one that Black Sabbath sugested and filled the side as Powerage5 asked. I don't know if there is any issue with having the album covers on it, but right now is like the history of the band in one image!

xBDBFso.png

On my screen I don't see the sides, but it look like this:

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Not crazy about the logo, but the banner is awesome. I like how the current band is the most prominent, but all the past members are still on in the background.

no u

Ok now I changed the Axl photo and put the one that Black Sabbath sugested and filled the side as Powerage5 asked. I don't know if there is any issue with having the album covers on it, but right now is like the history of the band in one image!

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

Album covers in the banner won't fly, I can tell you that much. JMO, but I prefer a picture of Axl singing that one where he isn't. But that's just my opinion, not sure where anyone else stands on that.

Yeah, I prefer the other one. :tongue2: The colors clash a little better.

The one with Axl's arms out might look cool, though.

I like the other picture but I think it'd cover up Fortus and DJ too much.

DJ not enough.

xBDBFso.png

zwNs6uY.png

Here's the logo again:

zL4O9Tp.png

I don't like this one, no ones wants to see a pic of fat Axl gasping for breath on the banner

• Like 1

LOL

OK I'm done offering my opinion. Go ahead and make that the banner, I'll even vote for it. At least then the quality of e banner would match the quality of the forum these days

Lol complaining about the quality of a forum. Don't like it, leave. Can't deal with that, die.

LOL

OK I'm done offering my opinion. Go ahead and make that the banner, I'll even vote for it. At least then the quality of e banner would match the quality of the forum these days

You make a post that is literally only serves to make fun of Axl. High asks you to bring a little more quality into your posts. Then you complain about the quality of the forum because he called you out on your post? Something here doesn't add up...

Seriously, if you want to see a higher quality of discussion on the forum, it takes effort from everybody. Maybe you should read this post I made last night in the GG thread:

Right, so I've just finished catching up on the 30 pages or so since I left for work this morning.

Let me put this out there right off the bat: I completely get some peoples' frustration with GN'R currently, and some of the criticism is justified. But there was truly some garbage posted today in this thread as well. There is a line of what's acceptable when criticizing, and a lot of posts in the past 24 hours went over that line. Honestly, even for the people that aren't fans of GN'R in it's current state - does anyone really enjoy posting here when the atmosphere is so negative? A small attitude adjustment could make a world of difference; if some members could be a little less hostile, discussion could be so much more enjoyable and productive, for people of every opinion on current GN'R. This is a fan forum, and we're all here because, on some level, we're still interested in the band. Where is the fun in coming here to bash Axl for his weight/voice, make fun of Jarmo (Who literally had nothing to do with last night), or insult other members here because they have a different opinion than you?

This isn't me trying to crack down on anyone in particular. This is just me asking if we could all put in a little effort to lighten the mood and make discussion a little more fun, it's a two way street guys! ;)

The Last Supper design was the best but nothing transpired from it for some odd reason. By the way, you get a copy of CD for winning this thing? Christ, you could just kick them in the bollocks. At least send out Pet Sounds or The Wall or some decent album!

The Last Supper design was the best but nothing transpired from it for some odd reason. By the way, you get a copy of CD for winning this thing? Christ, you could just kick them in the bollocks. At least send out Pet Sounds or The Wall or some decent album!

That copy of CD has sold for close to (or over?) $1,000. Pretty good prize if you ask me ;)

IIRC, someone outside the forum designed the Last Supper one, so we couldn't use it.

does anyone have some suggestions?

8oSn8.png

8oUwO.png

Screenshot: http://puu.sh/8oUV9.jpg

I don't know, seems like something is missing...

I love the logo, but the banner is pretty boring, and suffers from the "only NuGNR representation" problem. It's also way too dark.

I will not vote for any banner that features DJ Ashba and Frank Ferrer but not Slash and Izzy.

As of right now, my favorite banner is Manfisman's original one with the first picture of Axl he used. My favorite logo is yours.

@HV: If the need arises, would you change the skin of the forum to adapt to the color scheme of a new banner, or is everyone expected to design a banner that would work with the current skin?

Edited by bacardimayne

does anyone have some suggestions?

8oSn8.png

8oUwO.png

Screenshot: http://puu.sh/8oUV9.jpg

I don't know, seems like something is missing...

The logo is cool!

What's missing is the original line up next to Axl on the blank side.

Take the red blur out and put the logo there, and then the original line up, axl, and nuGnR.

• Like 1

Get ride of the album covers and did it a few more tweaks and it look like this now:

3vJnRtw.png

I also did some tweaks to the logo. The 'GNR' part looks almost like the official logo without being actually it, so it's legal ha!

upOMi4r.png

On my screen (1366*768) it look like this:

PpWZbly.png

Can you try bringing the shadow in a little closer to the letters and making it darker (on the logo)? It might make them "pop" a bit more.

I also think Dizzy could move over the right hand side; it would look better if there were sepia members only on the logo.

Yours is my favourite so far! I love those roses! :)

After seeing it all in place I was thinking of doing something like you HV said to the letters on the logo.

About Dizzy moving to the right, it would be look nice having only sepia members on the logo, but if you have a bigger screen the logo will be more on the left anyway. Also, right now they are ordered like you see them on a stage (minus Frank for obvious reasons). But I could give it a try.

After seeing it all in place I was thinking of doing something like you HV said to the letters on the logo.

About Dizzy moving to the right, it would be look nice having only sepia members on the logo, but if you have a bigger screen the logo will be more on the left anyway. Also, right now they are ordered like you see them on a stage (minus Frank for obvious reasons). But I could give it a try.

I know, I've been testing them all on my monitor which is 1920 x 1080. It looks better on there for sure.

It's your work, so whatever you think looks best! :)