**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

I like the new logo and icon, and really digging the current lineup images on the far right. I would suggest moving those a bit to the left as it'd be a shame if people with smaller display resolutions wouldn't see them, but I guess they'd look weird right next to the Axl images.

• Like 1

Damn that's a cool effort. I suggest you include the original five in the logo instead of the banner. Since they will probably get cut out if someone with a small screen is accessing the forums.

Damn that's a cool effort. I suggest you include the original five in the logo instead of the banner. Since they will probably get cut out if someone with a small screen is accessing the forums.

Thanks!

Yeah, it can be done.

I like Ignaliza's. But I think the stage pictures need to be more close up pictures.(especially the right one) so you can get a feel for the live shows. Other that that, it's good.

Yeah, the stage pictures are a bit dead. Ignaliza, use some of mine! :P

I like Ignaliza's. But I think the stage pictures need to be more close up pictures.(especially the right one) so you can get a feel for the live shows. Other that that, it's good.

Thats why they are stage pictures haha, if they are closeup it wont be like a "background", it has the uyi stage, 2002/06 stage and 2010-12, If i find a not so close one, like the one on the left (02-06) maybe I change it :)

Im addressing the low resolution problem, I think it would have to be more "layered", so the search bar would be with the actual lineup layer that is at the right and the Axls always at the center but the background of the stages in a fixed position, so it always starts with the uyi stage, I dont think its possible, or maybe "versions" for each resolution.

This would be the 720p one (not final, its just the idea):

HCpKODw.jpg

There are many ways to address this isue

Edited by ignaliza
  • Like 3

Thats why they are stage pictures haha, if they are closeup it wont be like a "background", it has the uyi stage, 2002/06 stage and 2010-12, If i find a not so close one, like the one on the left (02-06) maybe I change it :)

Im addressing the low resolution problem, I think it would have to be more "layered", so the search bar would be with the actual lineup layer that is at the right and the Axls always at the center but the background of the stages in a fixed position, so it always starts with the uyi stage, I dont think its possible, or maybe "versions" for each resolution.

HCpKODw.jpg

I'm really digging your entries. Great work!

• Like 1

HCpKODw.jpg

This one is really jumping out at me. I like it a LOT better than the one with the black and white almost ghost images of the original guys kind of tucked in behind, it somewhat rubs me the wrong way. I like the implication here that all eras are vital and relevant to forum discussion. I also like how it is somewhat of a progression of eras image from left to current day, especially with Axl.

It would be interesting to see this banner with Gabriel TiT's logo replacing the other one, just to see what it looks like. I think it's a kickass logo.

8oUwO.png

If it worked and was a go, perhaps Gabriel could be given a consolation prize of a year's subscription or something?

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

I've been following the activity of the Red Hand seller on Ebay. He sold a couple of copies at $500, then dropped the price of the latest copy to $400. Somebody bought that one, then the dealer put up another copy at $550: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191164022530?nav=SEARCH

I've contacted this person and they claim to have several boxes worth of the Red Hand. Nobody put up $550, or anything like that price, and he will be forced to drop it further. Honestly, the GNR community can be its own worst enemy at times. If somebody has 90 copies of something, don't encourage them to exploit us by paying astronomical fees.

HCpKODw.jpg

I'm really digging your entries. Great work!

This one is really jumping out at me. I like it a LOT better than the one with the black and white almost ghost images of the original guys kind of tucked in behind, it somewhat rubs me the wrong way. I like the implication here that all eras are vital and relevant to forum discussion. I also like how it is somewhat of a progression of eras image from left to current day, especially with Axl.

It would be interesting to see this banner with Gabriel TiT's logo replacing the other one, just to see what it looks like. I think it's a kickass logo.

8oUwO.png

If it worked and was a go, perhaps Gabriel could be given a consolation prize of a year's subscription or something?

Thank you guys! Really appreciate it :)

Edited by NachoLZ

Is Team Brazil allowed on the banner?

:rofl-lol:

I like Ignalzia's effort, but it's been said several times now that we can't use record imagery.

Dude, it's the picture of the stage, calm down man... pretty sure people aren't gonna get on HV's ass for that!

Ok, here is my entry... started two weeks ago and worked on it on and off (pictures I took during concert)

Forum banner with title

forum_banner.jpg

Forum title

forum_title.png

Stars

stars.png

An impression of the page in 1080

forum_complete.jpg

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

Ok, here is my entry... started two weeks ago and worked on it on and off (pictures I took during concert)

Forum banner with title

forum_banner.jpg

Forum banner without title

forum_banner_notitle.jpg

Forum title

forum_title.png

Stars

stars.png

An impression of the page in 1080

forum_complete.jpg

Banner looks awesome. The logo looks a little off.

I prefer the logo with the white outline, like you have it on the banner. Probably my favourite logo so far, and the first I would consider changing the original one for.

Excellent work!!!!!

What he said.

This is easily one of the best entries.

I think Igniliza's banner is the best in highlighting all eras of the band. The only thing I would change are the section stars, they don't look right with the color of the text and they should be less in-your-face and more suptle IMO.

• Like 1