Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

This would be weird. On the one hand it'd be nice to have Duff back, and yes a step closer to a full reunion. But on the other hand, what the hell have the past 16 years been about!?! Has anyone in music ever wasted and self-sabotaged so much as Axl Rose?

If there were to be a full reunion, maybe doing it slowly would be for the best.

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The diseaseovertook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?I'm done. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired.Really. The guys should at least be anshamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.

• Like 1

This would be weird. On the one hand it'd be nice to have Duff back, and yes a step closer to a full reunion. But on the other hand, what the hell have the past 16 years been about!?! Has anyone in music ever wasted and self-sabotaged so much as Axl Rose?

If there were to be a full reunion, maybe doing it slowly would be for the best.

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The diseaseovertook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?I'm done. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired.Really. The guys should at least be anshamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.

Bye, you will be missed. Wait... who were you again? Never mind, it's not important. We'll do our best to miss you anyway.

The music world is not going to explode because Slash and Axl with utterly awful vocals reunite, man.

reunion would be very enjoyable for gnr fans, that's more than enough.

I'm a Gn'R fan and I wouldn't enjoy it if Axl is still overweight and out of breath every 5 seconds with weak terrible vocals. If he would be in 2010 shape vocally and physically all of the sudden then I'd be all for it but we all know that's never going to happen.

Ok I get the feeling I'm bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Tommy has a broken rib which he sustained he Brazil. Duff is playing the golden gods and I'm assured tommy (injury recovery pending) WILL play all the other shows and is very much still in GNR.

You heard it here first!! ;)

• Like 4

Jarmo would likely claim he was always open to a reunion, if that's what Axl wanted. El raton pequeno.

Edit: Thanks Subs....Welp, so much for heading to Vegas. :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

Ok I get the feeling in bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Tommy has a broken rib which he sustained he Brazil. Duff is playing the golden gods and I'm assured tommy (injury recovery pending) WILL play all the other shows and is very much still in GNR.

I'd have passed that one on to NGOG.
  • Like 4

Ok I get the feeling in bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

I've had THE worst day... No seriously (mind funerals don't help but not the tipping point surprisingly enough!) but that post made me laugh, congrats!! I've made you a supporter for the year!!! Oh wait..... :(

• Like 1

Ok I get the feeling I'm bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Thanks Subsy. But I need a clarification. Tommy broke his rib in Brazil and yet he could tour with The Replacements but he can´t play the Golden Gods Award?

I've had THE worst day... No seriously (mind funerals don't help but not the tipping point surprisingly enough!) but that post made me laugh, congrats!! I've made you a supporter for the year!!! Oh wait..... :(

Sorry to hear about your day man, hope everything gets better.

It was amazing seeing Duff with Axl, but I don't want to see Duff being just a hired hand in Axl's GNR. I mean, 5 shows with Duff in SA and Axl couldn't be bothered with So Fine, even when the crowd in Recife was chanting for it.

I love Duff, but I dig Tommy's work on ChiDem, and I feel like he genuinely wants to make new music/see the unreleased music out there. I can't see Duff giving up Walking Papers and Loaded to play the same setlist for years on end and put up with late starts, tantrums, etc. More guest appearances from Duff and Izzy would be amazing, but I want this band to get out of the funk it's in and move forward... unless Axl and DJ are planning on making a GNRXX:AM album :no:

If Tommy + Bumble leave, I can't see Axl releasing new music ever again.

I agree with you. Duff back as a hired guy is not right. And I´m not sure Duff will be confortable with TB as managers in the long term. I guess it all depends on how bad Axl wants Duff in the band. It could be possible that if they are having a great relationship. Then Duff may presuade Axl to be partners agains and get his share of the name. And get Goldstein or someone else as manager. But then Slash, Izzy and Steven might feel betrayed, Slash mostly. I don´t think Duff wants problems with former members over Axl.

I tend to agree with this. However, one never knows. I do think that having Duff in the band is a positive thing for Axl just on a personal note - he seemed to be the original member who understood Axl a little more than the others and had a way of relating to him (there are YouTube clips of Duff stepping forward to calm Axl down during the Illusions tour, like this one, from 3:45 - 4:00, when nobody else in the band did ). ). Right now, I could see Duff stepping in temporarily without commiting to rejoining the band full-time.

Edited by stella

The music world is not going to explode because Slash and Axl with utterly awful vocals reunite, man.

reunion would be very enjoyable for gnr fans, that's more than enough.

I'm a Gn'R fan and I wouldn't enjoy it if Axl is still overweight and out of breath every 5 seconds with weak terrible vocals. If he would be in 2010 shape vocally and physically all of the sudden then I'd be all for it but we all know that's never going to happen.

ok, that's your opinion, but i get the feeling that most of gnr fans would enjoy seeing axl and slash playing together again.

Edited by supercool

Not too often where the person who starts the thread by asking the question ends up definitively answering it. I'm sure there's a special award for that.

But as others have pointed out, it seems a bit strange that Tommy could play shows with the Replacements and not make the awards show. Perhaps he just suffered through the Replacement shows since they were contractually obligated, whereas with an award show the obligation isn't as strong. Still, very strange.