Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

Ok I get the feeling I'm bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Tommy has a broken rib which he sustained he Brazil. Duff is playing the golden gods and I'm assured tommy (injury recovery pending) WILL play all the other shows and is very much still in GNR.

You heard it here first!! ;)

Not too often where the person who starts the thread by asking the question ends up definitively answering it. I'm sure there's a special award for that.

But as others have pointed out, it seems a bit strange that Tommy could play shows with the Replacements and not make the awards show. Perhaps he just suffered through the Replacement shows since they were contractually obligated, whereas with an award show the obligation isn't as strong. Still, very strange.

Maybe this is fate :shrugs:

This would be weird. On the one hand it'd be nice to have Duff back, and yes a step closer to a full reunion. But on the other hand, what the hell have the past 16 years been about!?! Has anyone in music ever wasted and self-sabotaged so much as Axl Rose?

If there were to be a full reunion, maybe doing it slowly would be for the best.

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The diseaseovertook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?I'm done. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired.Really. The guys should at least be anshamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.

Bye, you will be missed. Wait... who were you again? Never mind, it's not important. We'll do our best to miss you anyway.

Tanx man. You are a nice guy. Now, do us a favor...go to walk in the park.

This would be weird. On the one hand it'd be nice to have Duff back, and yes a step closer to a full reunion. But on the other hand, what the hell have the past 16 years been about!?! Has anyone in music ever wasted and self-sabotaged so much as Axl Rose?

If there were to be a full reunion, maybe doing it slowly would be for the best.

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The diseaseovertook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?I'm done. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired.Really. The guys should at least be anshamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.
Bye, you will be missed. Wait... who were you again? Never mind, it's not important. We'll do our best to miss you anyway.
Tanx man. You are a nice guy. Now, do us a favor...go to walk in the park.
Nah, I'm going to stay here and whine about the way things are. I'm not a quitter like you. Edited by Damn_Smooth

Perhaps Tommy wasn't too fussed about an award show plus an injury meant they can capitalise on some of the goodwill brought about by Duff's return. It gives the US a chance to see Guns with Duff in a pro shot show so perhaps less complaints by those who have tickets to the NA shows who won't get to see Duff and Axl together.

I hope Tommy recovers swiftly, but wouldn't be upset if I got to see Duff in Bethlehem :awesomeface:

Really though, I could see where the speculation comes from, but glad to have some clarity. I'm sure Duff would still be happy to pop in for some shows from time to time in the future as well. :)

• Like 1

Ok I get the feeling I'm bursting bubbles here but as usual, I'm the messenger K? Lol

Tommy has a broken rib which he sustained he Brazil. Duff is playing the golden gods and I'm assured tommy (injury recovery pending) WILL play all the other shows and is very much still in GNR.

SO the rumor of rib injury was true, still odd that he did play gigs though

• Like 2

I was wondering the same thing. Go figure :shrugs:

I was wondering the same thing. Go figure :shrugs:

:lol: Our bubbles need more than that to burst.

I guess I'm not following the logic here. Tommy broke a rib sometime while in Brazil. He can play two full sets with The Mats, as well as any GN'R shows (if there were any) before Duff took over, but can't play a 20 minute set at an award show?

Coma I didn't ask no, it was stated 2014 and the year isn't finished/it was stated "The intension...." and in GNR world we all know what that means!! + other stuff

So your source can't spell? :shades:

Quick someone find out if Matt Larsen or Perla Hudson can spell "intention"!

I wonder if someone is messing w/ya? I don't get the impression that someone close to Axl would betray his trust. Matt is not close to Axl if he is

the source and no one truly close is going to talk to outsiders when the info comes in.

Anyhoo, You can be certain that nothing has been decided as this all temporary for now. Tommy could still show at the Golden Golds and join in.

I am guessing if he doesn't it is because it is quite a trek from his home unlike Duff plus he is still injured.

Edited by ohlovelyrita

I think Axl and gnr need Duff. At this point Duff is a very positive influence on everyone he is around, the pics of them doing yoga prove this. It would be good for Axl to be around a positive person he respects, not some hired/yes man. I know some of you worry about new music and all that, but for Axl personally, bringing Duff back will bring nothing but positive things. I wouldn't be suprised if Duff and Axl have been spending a pretty good amount of time together. Duff just exudes positivity, in the long term it will be the best thing that ever happened to guns n roses imo.

I guess I'm not following the logic here. Tommy broke a rib sometime while in Brazil. He can play two full sets with The Mats, as well as any GN'R shows (if there were any) before Duff took over, but can't play a 20 minute set at an award show?

It's a far trip for him for a small set.

I think Axl and gnr need Duff. At this point Duff is a very positive influence on everyone he is around, the pics of them doing yoga prove this. It would be good for Axl to be around a positive person he respects, not some hired/yes man. I know some of you worry about new music and all that, but for Axl personally, bringing Duff back will bring nothing but positive things. I wouldn't be suprised if Duff and Axl have been spending a pretty good amount of time together. Duff just exudes positivity, in the long term it will be the best thing that ever happened to guns n roses imo.

They all did those exercises for the altitude. I bet Tommy would have been doing em, too,.......well......Tommy is a little different!

I agreed Duff seems like a good fit but so is Tommy.

I think it's possible if the Replacements end up doing an all out reunion. If you believe what MSL says, Axl was actually close to firing Tommy and getting Duff back in 2009.

I also think that Duff would actually help encourage Axl to put out more music, since I can't imagine Duff wanting to stick around just to do a greatest hits tour, and I'm sure Axl is planning to release more anyway.

I think that we'd lose a lot of the CD leftovers though and get new songs by the new lineup instead, considering the only ones besides Axl left from the CD era would be Dizzy and Pitman.

I think it's possible if the Replacements end up doing an all out reunion. If you believe what MSL says, Axl was actually close to firing Tommy and getting Duff back in 2009.

I also think that Duff would actually help encourage Axl to put out more music, since I can't imagine Duff wanting to stick around just to do a greatest hits tour, and I'm sure Axl is planning to release more anyway.

I think that we'd lose a lot of the CD leftovers though and get new songs by the new lineup instead, considering the only ones besides Axl left from the CD era would be Dizzy and Pitman.

History has shown that encouraging Axl to do things makes him less likely to do them.

Hiya Salinger(Axl) if ya reading this, play The General for us forum nerds who still have a demented belief there's life after Buckethead and show the world ya still got the fire, make a goddamn grandiose statement, time's ticking. Chinese is a great record but it's time has gone and BBF is too talented to not play on a GNR record, Legend of the Red Panda is a swell title, now get a move on, and yes I know my misguided thoughts don't dictate your mysterious actions but my interest dictates my own selfish demand for new material before you bite the dust, you're better than one record in fifteen years regardless of the strife n' scum trynna disregard your victories but 2014 is already pretty goddamn late for Guns N' Roses to evolve into what you once carried the atlas on ya shoulder for!!

Coma I didn't ask no, it was stated 2014 and the year isn't finished/it was stated "The intension...." and in GNR world we all know what that means!! + other stuff

So your source can't spell? :shades:

Quick someone find out if Matt Larsen or Perla Hudson can spell "intention"!

I wonder if someone is messing w/ya? I don't get the impression that someone close to Axl would betray his trust. Matt is not close to Axl if he is

the source and no one truly close is going to talk to outsiders when the info comes in.

Anyhoo, You can be certain that nothing has been decided as this all temporary for now. Tommy could still show at the Golden Golds and join in.

I am guessing if he doesn't it is because it is quite a trek from his home unlike Duff plus he is still injured.

Oh I'm sorry dear! Whilst trying to update the forum on my iPhone, being at a funeral plus other shitty stuff you wouldn't even dream about I mis-spelt a word! By your tone seems awful familiar hmm.... How about this: my source isn't "betraying" Axl? Matt who?? Perla?? Lol erm I said close to Axl don't patronise me -- sorry to disappoint you but fact is, this forum plays a bigger part than you'd care to think about. Here's another, Axl was here reading this forum weeks ago. Comprende? Good :)

Ps - on iPhone agIn so please forgive any typos!! Many thanks.

Whoa! Subs don't leave us in the dark about that man. Can you elaborate anymore on Axl reading the forum? How often do you believe he does that? Was that what that little (as in 4 second) rant before It's So Easy at the penultimate show was about? Edited by Bobbo